Kansas City Temple

Jbs2763

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will be just west of I-435 @ shoal creek parkway, full size temple similar to Twin Falls, Idaho. This was what was relayed in Liberty Stake conference today. Should be complete in 3 yrs.

When we lived in the Liberty Ward several years ago, their ward boundaries were east of I-435, are they still that way? I know the church owned several acres of land around the Hodge Park area.

I loved lilered's comment above "If the Chiefs keep losing, they might be able to put it in the Stadium east parking lot!" hahaha...I totally agree! :lol: And, yes, I am "tickled pink"!

I live in Jackson Cty, and was soooooooo excited to hear about a KC temple!! :bouncingclap: No more driving to St. Louis once a month!

Immediately after hearing about a KC temple, I went online and began researching and trying to figure out exactly where they would put it. If you go to Kansas City Missouri LDS (Mormon) Temple they give a description of the temple and the land. If you click on the words "west of the intersection of I-435 and Shoal Creek Parkway", if will take you to an aerial view of the land itself!

The temple will be built just off I-435, which is the main highway most of us on the south and east sides of the KC metro area take to get to the airport! What a great missionary tool!! Coincidence?? I think not!! You gotta love that!

• 6 months later...

The temple will be built just off I-435, which is the main highway most of us on the south and east sides of the KC metro area take to get to the airport! What a great missionary tool!! Coincidence?? I think not!! You gotta love that!

I love it when temples are highly visible, makes for nice scenery if nothing else. Kinda a shame that the SLC Temple has kinda been swallowed up, you can barely see it from I-15 (or at least can't see as well as say, the Bountiful Temple).

Closest major roads are Maplewoods Parkway and NE 96th Street, north of 152

Beefche

I know what neighborhoods we looked in. Mostly neighboorhoods along highway 152 and we're pleased with what we got. I guess it depends on what you're looking for and where you need to be within the city.

Now that I've made the decision to accept this new position, I just want to GO! But, I have to get my house prepared to sell, then sell it. I told my boss that I can't move until I sell the house.

But I want to start looking at homes now to get a good feel for what's there and what I want. Thanks, Herr Jones, for the info!

Now that I've made the decision to accept this new position, I just want to GO! But, I have to get my house prepared to sell, then sell it. I told my boss that I can't move until I sell the house.

But I want to start looking at homes now to get a good feel for what's there and what I want. Thanks, Herr Jones, for the info!

I forget where you are in the US, but selling the house will depend greatly on your market. We managed to get our sold in less then 75 days, but I live in an area that is in constant change, right near an Army installation. Selling can be challenging and tough to get through, good luck.

do you have work lined up?

Yep, I'll be serving time at Fort Leavenworth, on the outside of the bars, not the inside.

Didn't the Church buy their debt (or am I think of a different splint group?), meaning that if they default on their debt the church can try to claim their property as compensation?

Or am I victim of a LDS UL?

There are rumors swirling that the LDS church has assisted the Community of Christ (formerly the RLDS church) in the past.

The Church of Christ (Temple Lot) is a completely different organization from the Community of Christ/RLDS church, and owe no money to the LDS church (and I highly doubt would accept money either.)

Temple LOt - if I was a billionaire and do know everyone has a price to some degree, would purchased the land outright from that church. But, it would be squander of good money for the poor since the land first needs to be cleanses. :lol:

"Everybody has a price"?

You obviously have not met a faithful member of the Temple Lot church. :)

I would be curious if you believe that ("everybody has a price") in regards to the leadership of the LDS church?