Called to Serve!

ElderBigDawg

Salta's a neat area. I served 30 years ago in Bolivia. My last area, Yacuiba, was 5 miles from Argentina. One P-Day, We went by bus into Tartagal, Argentina (about 50 miles inside) with the assistants. While technically it was outside not only our mission, but our area, there were no missionaries in Tartagal at the time. A small scoop of ice cream in Tartagal was $4 back then! Ouch!

I actually taught and baptized some members, who would technically be in your mission area. They lived right across the border from Bolivia in Pocitos.

You will have gauchos in your mission. We had them come through our area on occasion. Some of them were easily close to 7 feet tall, and their clothing rather different. Argentine beef is the best in the world to eat. Lean, tender, and tasty.

Part of your mission will be in El Chaco. This is an area of pampas that includes a portion of northern Argentina, southern Bolivia, and a portion of Paraguay. It is hot, very hot, in the summer in El Chaco (although not as hot as in the jungles of Bolivia, where some of its rivers dump into the Amazon).

My grandmother got me the Book of Mormon-D&C-PGP combo in Spanish! Awesome!

She also purchased a Spanish bible for me too. I found out that there are no LDS-Spanish versions because the Catholic church has a copyright on it or something. Weird.

ElderBD, I love your enthusiasm! You'll be a great asset down south. And Christmas in the MTC . . . you lucked out. You're gonna love it.

Christmas at the MTC? Wow, that will be very lucky! ^_^

Finally, after a year of preparation, I finally received my mission call! There is cause to rejoice! :lol:

I'm being called to labor in the Argentina Salta Mission!

Wow! What a surprise!

And I get to learn Spanish too! ^_^

I need to be at the MTC on Dec 17.

A yea to call? Prbloms with foone YES. Have too taxt message delay?