Lakers

Dr T

Quote below from Lakers.com here: No Gasol? No Bynum? No Problem at Lakers.com BasketBlog

POSTGAME NUMBERS

24,000 Point total Kobe Bryant reached for his career in the second quarter, the youngest in NBA history to do so. He also passed Allen Iverson, who scored eight points for Memphis, for 16th on the NBA’s All-Time scoring chart.

99 Time Bryant has scored at least 40 points in his career after his third 40-plus point effort in six Lakers games.

35 Assists for the Lakers, compared to just 13 from the Grizzlies for a whopping 22-dime difference. Three Lakers had at least seven helpers: Luke Walton, Ron Artest and Derek Fisher.

14 Scoring margin in the third quarter in L.A.’s favor, spurred by 15 points from Bryant and 11 from Artest, plus five each from Josh Powell and Derek Fisher.

12 Lakers edge on the glass (49-37), which included an 18-13 advantage on the offensive boards. Mbenga led the way with five offensive boards and eight defensive.

Ok, Lakers without Pau or Bynum again last night while we faced the Hornets. Kobe only scored 2 points in the whole second half. Kobe did score 28 points last night as the we beat New Orleans 104-88. Kobe sat a lot after the first half and I'd really like to see him dish out more assists. Yes, he is a great player don't get me wrong but I'd love to see him share the points more. We he shoots and shoots and shoots it makes us a waker team. Mbenga scored 10 points and had 12 boards as we improved to 6-1. The next three games (Suns, Denver, and Rockets) are going to be tough. We've done alright even without our bigs. :) Go Lakers!

Hmmm...has anyone checked the season standings lately?!?!? :-)

SUNS are on fire!!! 7-1

Last nights game with the Philly's was awesome.

Oh yeah, did I mention that the SUNS are number 1 in the west? Tied with Boston in the east? AND they did that on the road!!!

Looks like they will be spreading the heat to your boys on Thursday...can't wait! :-)

Just a little friendly trash talking! :-)

Suns 8-1 against my boys 6-1 tonight. I really like Nash a lot, he knows how to score and share with his team to add up tons of assists. They are quick and have a good all around team. They look tough. We know Pau is out for some time. I'll still say GO LAKERS! Good luck to the Suns Nillers. I wish them well.

Nills, I know your team did not play as many of us expected. I do respect them as a team. The Lakers played great against them tonight. Kobe scored 29 points as the Lakers defeated the Suns 121-102 at home tonight. Bynum came back to the floor tonight and did a great job for us. He finished with a double-double with 26 points and 15 rebounds in his return. We needed him tonight and we really closed up the points in the paint. I'm proud of my boys. Go LAKERS! We fly to Denver tonight, after the game for another game tomorrow. That will be tough too. I think we'll play Mbenga at center tomorrow more. I hope Odom plays like he did tonight. :)

OUCH! That one hurt. We dropped to 7-2 tonight. We started off fine but the second half starting in the third and continued in the fourth was just sad for us. We scored 8 in the third. 8! In the fourth we only got 15 points. We lost 105 to 79. That is not like us. We could not seem to buy any points in the second half. Bynum did great off the glass tonight. We stopped feeding him the ball for points though after the first quarter. I can't say enough. A loss is a loss but this was very one sided tonight.

Kobe has had a strained groin since last week and couldn't compete as he usual is able. We have Detroit tomorrow. I hope he can play well in spite of his groin pain and what that does to his play. We can tell by his super low shooting percentage.

Oops, I forgot to mention Kobe's feet of 100 games of scoring 40 points or more in his career. I didn't want to talk too much about him today but I thought I'd let u all know. :) We have not lost three games in a row since Pau has been with the team. That's cool.

Pau might return to the court tomorrow against the Bulls. The Bulls have been playing pretty good ball lately, are fast and Pau has not played in quite some time. It will be interesting to see how we do with his return. It seems like it will take some time for the team as a whole to flow smoothly. I hope they click right away and he doesn't do any more damage to his leg. Go Lakers!

Tonight's game against the Bulls (11/19/09) was the story of how Pau would return to the floor and what the addition of him back into the lineup would do for us. Basically it was WONDERFUL. Pau was the game's leading scorer with 24 points and he also had 13 rebounds. I also love that it freed Kobe up some and he was able to share the ball more. When he shares we are a better team. Kobe had 21 points, 9 boards and 8 assists. We had 6 players score in double digits tonight in our win 108-93 at home tonight. Kobe's 21 points made him second on the Lakers' all-time scorers list.

In our game against the Bulls tonight, Kobe replaced Kareem as the Lakers second most points Laker.

Most Points, Lakers HistoryPlayerPointsJerry West25,192Kobe Bryant24,182Kareem Abdul-Jabbar24,176Elgin Baylor23,149Magic Johnson17,707

Since Pammy was wondering about the Lakers' Game tonight let me tell u all. Kobe scored 26 points, including one shot up and over the glass and the LAKERS won a 101-85 home win tonight (11/22/09) against the Thunder. Our bench needs to improve for sure! But I'll take the win .

Tonight's home game against the Knicks (11-24-09) and we used our size against them. We grabbed a lot of boards, had 3 good quarters of play and then our bench, imo, didn't do what they are supposed to do. Kobe had 34 points, Artest and Bynum both had 17 points and Pau had 11 points and 16 rebounds why Bynum brought down 8 boards. That was great because he had a banged up ankle. Actually, it was 60-36 rebounds, which is what we need to keep doing. In the end it was Lakers, 100-90 over the Knicks. We were able to keep them scoreless for the first 7 and a 1/2 minutes in the third. We led by 24 in the 3rd until we let them get closer. That is what I do not like at all. I wish we'd just take care business and not let them have any life. Especially these weaker teams. When we play better teams like we have been they will make us pay. I'm thankful for the win so that's all I'll say for now. Go LAKERS!

Tonight's game against the Warriors (11/28/09) we saw a well rounded game. Kobe didn't take off right away and allowed other teammates to score and do some work. I LOVE that! All five Lakers starters scored in double figures tonight. 130-97 Lakers over Golden State in Oakland. Pau led the way with 22 points and 12 boards I was also happy to see Shannon Brown score in double figures tonight. I like to watch him slam the ball btw. Go Lakers!

12/1/09: Lakers vs. Hornets. Lakers 110 N.O. 99. Our 4th quarter was out poorest quarter and out second quarter was our strongest. Fish had 7 assists, Bynum let scorers with 21 points, Kobe-18 and Ron had 16 points. We dominated this game tonight. We have some tougher teams on our schedule. GO LAKERS!