Lakers

Dr T

So with no head couch, my thought goes quickly to "who might be next to coach LAL?" Will Phil Jackson consider a return? D'antoni and Nash pairing back up might go well. I don't think Shaw is an option anymore. I'm sure there are many that would want that job but we need to start playing like they looked on paper to fulfill those dreams. It will be interesting to see what happens there. I wonder if Jackson was contacted about the possibility yet or not>

With 58 total rebounds, 17 fast break points and 38 points in the paint and Kobe playing well (27 points, 9 rebounds and 7 assists) we won 101-77 over GSW. We had 37 points from the bench, we put the ball in the basket and had a fill in coach.

The Lakers have a new head coach. Phil Jackson wanted too much money, control and did not want to travel to away games as much so they offered the position to Mike D'Antoni. D'Antoni recently had knee surgery and will wait to be cleared by his doctor before taking over as head coach. We will see how that goes.

84-82 San Antone :( We played really well but they pulled it out at the end. Even though we lost, they were 6 and 1 and we were 3-4. We are now 3 and 5. I felt we did well but let it slip away from us. The Spurs are a solid team. We can take them this season.

Our game last night, even though we lost, was a good effort that I liked. Kobe had 28 points, 8 assists. Howard added 13 points and 15 rebounds while Pau had 10 points with 10 rebounds and 5 assists. We basically fell apart in the closing seconds. Because the Spurs are such a good team and we played like we did, it makes me hopeful.

My boys went off in the first quarter with 40 points. Kobe had his 18th career triple-double with 22 points, 11 rebounds, and 11 assists. Dwight Howard had 28 points and 13 rebounds. Pau scored his 15,000career points as part of his 17 in this victory bringing us to .500. We took this game 119-108 in this home game over the Rockets tonight. D'Antoni watched the second game in a row in the Lakers locker room.

I am very pleased. This is how I want my boys to play. :D

I agree Gar! Even though we did not play a great game last night, we played well enough to beat the Nets. Brooklyn have been playing well and won the previous five straight. We were horrible at the line tonight but we pulled it out. Pau had a double-double with rebounds and points and we had 4 in double digits. We play Sac tonight. Keep it going Lakers. We are finally above .500 at .545 and 2nd place in the Pacific. I'm feeling better about things in LA basketball. :)

We are back to .500 as we now have a 6-6 record after losing to Sacramento last night. We played the first quarter well and then lost the following 3 quarters and were defeated 97-113 on the road. Kobe had 38 points, Meeks added 15 and MWP had 13. Pau and Howard were very flat last night in a weak 15 points combined. We face Memphis on Friday.

We face off with the Grizz tonigh 8-2. They are in first in the West and we lost to the worst in the West last game. My boys are 0-5 this season when Kobe has fewer than five assists. We are better when Kobe shares the ball. I'm sure you all have heard me say that before but it's true. Come on Lakers!

Kobe, the league's leading scorer, had the game-high 30 points, but the Lakers fell to the West-leading Grizzlies 106-98 in Memphis. Antawn Jamison contributed 16 points and seven rebounds off the bench. We are really struggling on the road this year. Rumors started up again in the media about Pau being traded. That can't be a good call right now.

From Lakers.com

The Lakers had six players score in double figures in a 115-89 victory over the Mavericks on Saturday Night. Kobe Bryant and Metta World Peace each scored 19 points. Antawn Jamison had a double-double of 19 points and 15 rebounds.

I'll take it. We lost to them earlier this season.

Our game tonight stared with Indi winning the first two quarters. We won the last two and were even at 77 at the end. They put up two more points to win 77-79. :( Pau tried to win with a three pointer but he missed. Kobe had 40 points and 10 rebounds while Howard had 17 points, MWP had 12 rebounds an 4 assists. Wow, we have out work cutout for us for sure. We can get it together, get everybody injury free and play like we ought to play!