Lakers

Dr T

The Los Angeles Lakers’ 11-time All-Star Kobe Bryant has the most popular jersey in the NBA, moving past the Boston Celtics’ Kevin Garnett to regain the No. 1 spot on the NBA’s Most Popular Jersey list. With the Western Conference best record, the Lakers top the list of Most Popular NBA Team Merchandise. The rankings are based on sales at the NBA Store in New York City and NBAStore.com since the start of the 2008-09 NBA season through January 2009.
Garnett drops one spot to No. 2 while the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James holds on to the No. 3 spot on the list. The New Orleans Hornets’ Chris Paul and Detroit Pistons’ Allen Iverson round out the Top 5 at Nos. 4 and 5, respectively. The Chicago Bulls’ Derrick Rose is the only rookie on the list, debuting at No. 9, while the New York Knicks’ David Lee enters the list for the first time at No. 14. Pau Gasol of the Los Angeles Lakers moved to No. 6, up from No. 15 last year.

December was the best sales month in history for both the NBA Store and NBAStore.com, with combined sales up 10 percent over the same time period last year. This season marks the third with adidas as the official on-court uniform and apparel provider for the NBA and since the start of the season, jersey sales on NBAStore.com are up over 40 percent.
Below are the NBA’s Most Popular Jersey and the Most Popular Team Merchandise lists.

PLAYERS
1. Kobe Bryant – Los Angeles Lakers
2. Kevin Garnett – Boston Celtics
3. LeBron James – Cleveland Cavaliers
4. Chris Paul – New Orleans Hornets
5. Allen Iverson – Detroit Pistons
6. Pau Gasol – Los Angeles Lakers
7. Paul Pierce – Boston Celtics
8. Dwyane Wade – Miami Heat
9. Derrick Rose – Chicago Bulls
10. Nate Robinson – New York Knicks
11. Steve Nash – Phoenix Suns
12. Dwight Howard- Orlando Magic
13. Ray Allen – Boston Celtics
14. David Lee – New York Knicks
15. Carmelo Anthony – Denver Nuggets

This is all I could find:

Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum left in the first quarter of Saturday's win over the Memphis Grizzlies with a knee injury.

Bynum had to be helped off the court after the injury and did not expected to return. He scored seven points in five minutes of action before exiting. Entering the game averaging 14.2 points and 8.4 rebounds this season, Bynum has become a force as of late, scoring 27 points in Friday's win over Minnesota as part of five straight double-doubles. The 7-footer was forced to miss the entire second half of last season and the playoffs after suffering a partially dislocated kneecap last January -- also against Memphis.

I'll wait until tomorrow to see if there is any more news.

This is from the Posted Image

"If the remaining games against the Cavaliers and Celtics are as demoralizing as last night's 126-117 loss to the Lakers, then the Knicks' version of "Dream Week" is going to be a nightmare.

The Knicks thought they had something going heading into last night's game. They had won eight of their previous 11 and five straight at the Garden.

From a celebrity row that included Yankees closer Mariano Rivera to the top of the rafters, they had come excited not just about a game, but about an event. What they saw was Kobe Bryant single-handily put the Knicks in their place with a record-setting performance that will have the 19,763 fans in attendance saying, "I was there."

For all the positive steps the Knicks have taken in the first half-season under coach Mike D'Antoni, they are nowhere in the neighborhood of Bryant and the Lakers. Bryant, who came in averaging 26.6 points per game, had 27 points midway through the second quarter. He had 34 at halftime and a record 61 points by the time he called it a night, having played just over 36 minutes. His total, helped by 20 free throws, easily topped the double-nickel Michael Jordan erupted for in 1995, the most by an opponent at the current Garden. And it surpassed the 60 points Bernard King scored Christmas Day in 1984, the most points scored here until last night.

Except for a brief spurt early in the third quarter when they cut the Lakers' lead to 67-65, the Knicks never had a chance even though the Lakers were without center Andrew Bynum, who will miss 8-12 weeks with a sprained right knee. His absence only seemed to inspire Bryant to attack.

"He's got a focus and mentality that's attacking all the time," D'Antoni said.

With enough people shouting "MVP! . . . MVP!" to make the Knicks coach feel like it was a road game, Bryant was unstoppable in turning the Garden into his personal playground.

"I felt great," he said. "I was in a good rhythm."

This beat-down wasn't supposed to happen. Not with all the excitement over how well the Knicks had played of late. The pregame atmosphere was something the Knicks had hoped to carry into the rest of the week. The Garden buzz was back - at least until Bryant began torching the place and making the Knicks look like amateurs.

"We weren't real sharp with our game," D'Antoni said. "We're going to learn from this. We saw what it's going to take to be one of the better teams."

D'Antoni had talked about sweeping the three games this week, and though that seemed farfetched, at least no one was openly snickering. "I think we're good enough to play with anybody," D'Antoni said just before the game. Anybody except Kobe Bryant.

Whether this week is a step forward or a step back won't be judged solely on the number of wins and loses.

"Whatever happens we'll spin it the best way we can," D'Antoni said half-jokingly. Still, you expected the Knicks to be more competitive. You expected them to have grown up enough not be in awe of Bryant. Instead of the Garden being reclaimed, it sounded more like the Staples Center. Worst of all, Kobe's record has given LeBron James something to shoot for tomorrow night.

So anyway the Lakers beat the Knicks 126-117. Kobe had 61 points before calling it a night. Sad news: "Results of an MRI on Andrew Bynum’s right knee showed a tear of the medial collateral ligament, it was announced today." He'll be out 8-12 weels :(

He WAS Pale and that's what scares me actually! I hope he doesn't try in these next few games to turn into a "one man team." We have Bynum out for a long time and Kobe is best when he moves the ball amongst his teammates! We have Boston and the Cavs coming up! I just hope he shares.