What do you listen to in the car?

ZionWoman

• 4 weeks later...

It's straight up gangsta rap, yo! :)

No really, it depends on mommy's mood. But right now I'm in a Depeche Mode phase so ALL six of the cd's in the player are DM related whether it's remixes, tributes or actual DM. Black Celebration is probably the greatest album ever made. That's right. I said it. :) Martin Gore is my hero :)

It's straight up gangsta rap, yo! :)

No really, it depends on mommy's mood. But right now I'm in a Depeche Mode phase so ALL six of the cd's in the player are DM related whether it's remixes, tributes or actual DM. Black Celebration is probably the greatest album ever made. That's right. I said it. :) Martin Gore is my hero :)

my favorite CD's are U2.....awesome stuff:)

• 1 month later...

You know every piece of music you put in the player eventually turns into "Queen's Greatest Hits"?

(Brownie Poitns to anyone who gets that ^_^ )

NPR if we're listening to the radio, if we're listening to CD's it's a grab-bag. Erasure, Mika (who's songs might as well be on a kids' CD! My kids love the Lollipop song!), Enya, Sting, LOTR's soundtracks, CARS sound track, and a variety of Christmas music.

Terry Pratchett and that other guy wrote a wicked book. I can't wait til my daughter is old enough to read it and understand the humor/religion/mythology. I'm afraid she's gonna want a red leather outfit and a motorcycle when she does read it.

My car has gone through many disney cds. I got rid of the cd player cause these indestructible disks (remember that promise?) annoy me so I'm back to the tapes. I have scored awesome stuff from the D.I. like the Sex Pistols, Cure, Ramones, and Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade, among others. I have only a few more years to give my little one a firm musical base, I don't wanna waste it with Rhianna.

Hey there all you parents of little ones. Just a quick question, when you have a car/van/wagon/bus load of kids, what do you listen to?

Depends -- is there an alternative rock station that plays goth metal? Just got this group's CD -- pretty good! My kids are requesting it for the car.

YouTube - UNSUN - Whispers UnSun

Need to pick this one up to our my 7 year old will do a jihad on me:

Epica -- song, "Never Enough".

My 8 year old really wants to learn how to sing in this musical style. No objections.