Crime Doesn't Pay

Palerider

Here are two from News of the Weird:

Least Competent Criminals

Not Ready for Prime Time: William Jarrett, 38, was charged in Hempstead Village, N.Y., in November with swiping a necklace from a 32-year-old pregnant woman and running off. Despite her condition, the woman chased him, screaming, for six blocks and caught up with him just as a police officer was arriving on the scene. [Newsday, 11-18-08]

Muoi Van Nguyen, 31, was arrested in Spokane Valley, Wash., in November, charged with breaking a window with a hammer at a state liquor store and grabbing a bottle of wine valued at $9. Earlier, Van Nguyen had tried unsuccessfully to break the window with a rock, but decided he needed a hammer to do the job and went to a nearby store, where he purchased one for $11. [MSNBC-KHQ-TV (Spokane), 11-10-08]

A friend of mine robbed a bank and ran out of gas only blocks away. Those darn gas prices!

-a-train

that reminds me of the one that Leno told a few yrs ago on his show....the guy was holding up the bank....the teller says....its company policy that you have to write your name and address on a piece of paper before I give you the money.....the guy did this....well...I don't need to tell what happened afterwards...:D