The Wrong Phone numbers

AngelLynn

Of course this probably happens to everyone, but lately everyone is confusing the home phone with Big-O Tires.

So some of the conversations have been intresting to say the least. One day I was half asleep and the phone rings. I wake up and answer the phone and the conversation goes like this.

Me- Hello

-Yes, I'd like an oil change and then I need to have my tires rotated. I've had troubles figureing out where exactly you are located and getting in touch with you lately.

Me (eyes go a bit wide)- Umm I believe you have the wrong phone number.

So it happens again today.

Me: Hello _____ Residence

- Where are you located?

Me: I think you have the wrong phone number sir.

- This isn't Big-O tire?

Me: No this is a private residence.

It's intresting to have people confuse you for a business at times, espically when the two phone numbers are nothing like each other. I think the first one is funny though.

Aw Angel. . . you might want to call BigO Tires and ask them if the printer has made a mistake in advertaising that needs to be fixed.

Good Luck. . . also, you could have some fun. <wicked grin> Just kidding. . . it can be very annoying to have constant calls related to a business. I hope things work out.

applepansy

My home phone isn't close to any local business phones numbers that I'm aware of, but it looks like it should be a business number, not a residential number. I get more wrong number calls that I ever have before, but it's not like it's every day.

I would start scheduling appointments for the people who call. If they ask for a name, give them yours. Haha.

I used to have a number that was some car rental place. The airport would give callers my phone number. It got to the point that I would just open up the yellow pages and look up the information for the callers since they were always stranded at some airport without a way to find it.

One man in particular was so grateful (I remember he called me about 3 times because the numbers I gave him from the phone book were disconnected) that he offered to send me a gift. I was able to put him in touch with some company that was able to help him and he wanted to show his gratitude.

Our phone number growing up was one number different from JCPenney. We would get people asking all the time for different departments. Interesting when a male voice asked for the women's lingerie department.

one of my high school teachers had a phone number very close to the local drive in...he would tell the concerned parents, that the film ended hours ago, and there is one car parked way in the back row.....

That is hilarious. It probably freaked the poor parents out though, if they went looking for the car and it wasn't there.

i had a customer who wasn't happy with his cell phone he bought, he called one day

me:hello seven eleven

him:who is this?

me:uh...rebecca

him:NO who IS this?

me:uh...7eleven?

him: this is the guy with the cell phone problem...and obviously it still doesn't work cause i tried calling my lawyer and i got YOU

i tried asking if he got the numbers confused (he's an elderly gentleman) or misdialed and asked what number he was trying to call. "that's privaledged information!" he said.

i remember growing up one evening i got a call from a girl who thought i was her sister and wanted me to "tell mom to come pick me up". i told her she had the wrong number (i have no sisters) and she thought i was joking. she called me back 4 more times and on the last try the mom of her friend got on the phone. they finally believed me.

once at work i also had a guy from california trying to call ontario....and ended up getting alberta. i said "well at least you got the right country..."

My last phone number in San Diego was one number different than the Navy's phone number to arrange for household goods to be shipped to new duty station.

Umm Captain...sir...I hate to inform you but you have dialed incorrectly.