High School Years

Palerider

What did you do doing your High School days that we might not know about here ....care to share....for example....here is something my wife and I did...

My wife was the St Louis City Champion Short Track Speed Skater when she was 15yrs old. Went to the State Championship and finished 5th. Was winning the race and on the 2nd to last lap fell....did get back up and managed 5th....

Myself....I went to a large High School and played Tennis. Played Varsity my sophmore year. I played singles. I made my coach mad often....with the guys I beat the matches were close....the guys I had no chance against, I always hung in there.....drove my coach crazy.....:D

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't get skeletons til AFTER high school...

when i was in highschool i was the mia maids president...then the laurel president...i didn't have many friends in high school and was super shy (amazing that i'm on the planning committee for my high school reunion)

when i was in high school i was a teachers pet, even though i didn't live up to my potential. when i was in high school i was the one in seminary who knew all the answers (quite different from today). when i was in high school i spoke at my seminary graduation.

when i was in high school i spent my afternoons tutoring elementary kids and running a homework club at the school my mom worked at.

hmm...what else...

When I was in high school (a whole 3 years ago!) I was a big emotional support to my friends. A lot of people would come talk to me about their problems, and I would help them work it all out. Once, one of my friends told me she tried to commit suicide, and I decided to tell a teacher. That friend's parents moved back where they had come from because of it. And, she was one of the popular kids, so I kind of got a stigma as a tattle-tale after that.

Senior year I failed all my classes b/c I was working full-time at the family daycare and had to take classes online. Me + internet = no productive work. I finally decided to get my GED and placed in the 96th percentile of my graduating class.

Let's see... there was the time I stayed out 2 hours past my curfew (12:00) on New Year's Eve without calling home... I was grounded for a long, long time. I was a good kid, for the most part. Most of my failings were in secret. :eek:

When I was in high school I wanted to be just like my sister..some you may know her, mightynancy..anyhoo, she and her college friends used to go street sign stealing and yeah, well, I was never quite that cool. We stole the new home "flags" that were up all around town. how embarrassing

lol...siouxz...thanks for the reminder..in butler county ohio there is probaly the most stolen street signs on one corner!!! look it up if you want...

right before i left there was a few of my buddies that got together. we were all sitting around having a good time...i asked.."ok...show of hands...who still has thier grinn and barett signs?"

most of us raised our hands...including a fellow behind us....who went to our school...but is also a police officer now...talk about a laugh!!!!!

Posted Image

We would go outside during Sacrament meeting in the evening....yes, the church use to have Sunday School in the morning and Sacrament meeting in the evening, they changed to the current schedule we all use now back in 1980, anyway....we would go outside and look for cars with the window down or unlocked and a manual shift and move them across the lot. We would then stand outside and listen to the comments....LOL!!!!!!!

In trig I was throwing paper balls into my mug in the corner of the room from my desk in the last few minutes of class. I went and picked up the paper balls then walked back to my desk and my teacher asked me to come to him. He grabbed my mug and put it in his desk drawer and I said, "Give me my mug back" and he said, "No." So I picked up his mug and walked back to my desk. He was really angry right away and said, "Give me my cup back" to which I replied, "Give me mine back first and then I'll give you yours back." He threatened to give me detention and send me to the office and all that but I was firm and when my buddy said, "Just give it back to him you don't want to get in trouble" I was like, "Look he started it-he took my mug and got into this power struggle and for what?" So I punched the teacher in his mouth and broke his tooth (Not really-that's not how it ended but I've never really been that good at following directions) hahahaha

There was a new girl in our ward (what's up Cherie) who asked, with complete and utter amazement on her first day of school, if there was anybody I didn't know there. We were walking out to another part of the school called Orchard from the main campus and people stopped me the whole way. To say I was popular is a little bit of an understatement. lol :)