I hate my T.V.!!!!!!

bytor2112

I have a 61" Samsung DLP (6163W). The picture is awesome.....not LCD for sure, but I have had it for four years. So what's wrong you might ask?

Well, the TV just turns it self off. I turn it back on and a few minutes later, off it goes. Over and over and over....aarrrrrrrrr!!!! I am very close to shooting it. Very frustrating and they are not just giving TV's away. What a pain. Something needs to give soon....college football is right around the corner. Yeah I know......college football is three months away, but I have got to look forward to something!!

Blasted thing....just did it again.:mad::mad::mad:

Sounds like a heat related problem. Solder connections heat up and as they expand, the cause an "open" to occur whereby the soldered part creates a gap and the circuit fails. When the thing cools it shrinks and the connection between the soldered parts closes and it works???

Sounds like a heat related problem. Solder connections heat up and as they expand, the cause an "open" to occur whereby the soldered part creates a gap and the circuit fails. When the thing cools it shrinks and the connection between the soldered parts closes and it works???

Interesting. It doesn't do it in the winter. The other night I had the windows open because it was unseasonably cool and the TV worked great. Very well maybe heat related. Maybe I need to keep the back of the TV cooler.

Thanks Snow.

I have a 42" rear projection HD TV. It is probably 7 years old, so think first generation HD. about 3 months ago, the blue started going a little to the left, making the tv look like a 3D movie without the glasses. It was painful. I almost bought a new tv, but for an older tv, this one has a great picture, and is awesome. I paid $350 to have it repaired, and although it was just a chip that needed to be replaced (I checked online and got instructions), it was worth every penny it to have a pro do it. Now my tv is perfect, and still cheaper than buying a new one. So, call the repair guy, and have it fixed.

Right after I read this my tv's sound went out. Luckily it was a faulty wire on the cable box, but now I need to go buy a new one, yay me...... Oh yea, and this was after my headphones went out today..... What is with me and sound today.

Can you hear me now? :P

Some with Dell's Lattitude models [D830], heat issue with premature shutdowns.

Edited by Hemidakota

I have a 61" Samsung DLP (6163W). The picture is awesome.....not LCD for sure, but I have had it for four years. So what's wrong you might ask?

Well, the TV just turns it self off. I turn it back on and a few minutes later, off it goes. Over and over and over....aarrrrrrrrr!!!! I am very close to shooting it. Very frustrating and they are not just giving TV's away. What a pain. Something needs to give soon....college football is right around the corner. Yeah I know......college football is three months away, but I have got to look forward to something!!

Blasted thing....just did it again.:mad::mad::mad:

We have a 67" Toshiba DLP [threes year old] with no problem but now seeing the latest LED slimline 120mhz version, that is next move when this one dies. ^_^

We just gave up TV when our 12yr old set died. It has made a lot of difference in our lives. We are getting more stuff done and we are saving 30 bucks a month that would go to the cable guys.

We watch "our" shows on the internet and use the computer to play a DVD every great once in a blue moon. I thought we would miss the TV cause up until it died it was on nearly 24/7 but the past few months have really been nice.

Lacie

Bytor,

You have now discovered one of my innate powers. I have been messing with several people over the past while, just to see who would crack first. Congratulations. You win.

As it is, the reason your television is overheating is because I telepathically transported a set of Miss Halfway's bloomers inside your television. I was actually going to send them to your refrigerator, but the shielding on the frig made it difficult to penetrate.

We just gave up TV when our 12yr old set died. It has made a lot of difference in our lives. We are getting more stuff done and we are saving 30 bucks a month that would go to the cable guys.

We watch "our" shows on the internet and use the computer to play a DVD every great once in a blue moon. I thought we would miss the TV cause up until it died it was on nearly 24/7 but the past few months have really been nice.

Lacie

I agree, I don't actually remember the last time I turned on a TV on in order to actually watch television. I only use it to watch movies every now and then which I already have a copy of in my house. Internet TV wise, I've watched something on BBC iPlayer once I think.

I'd probably watch it more if we subscribed to some decent channels, like the documentary channel.

Maybe your TV realizes there'e nothing worth watching. (Until football season, that is).

The next wave of internet innovation will displace traditional content delivery channels and extinguish many of them. We are seeing already how the internet has reduced influence and control of the content and moved it away from the traditional outlets (newspapers, TV and magazines) and created a much wider, richer (also crazier) well of information.

IP TV is the next step. Content will be created independently and distributed on a subscription base also independently of the TV and satellite networks. So you will be able to watch what you want to rather than being fed junk together with you choice. We will see a lot more niche programming become truly successful.

The next wave of internet innovation will displace traditional content delivery channels and extinguish many of them. We are seeing already how the internet has reduced influence and control of the content and moved it away from the traditional outlets (newspapers, TV and magazines) and created a much wider, richer (also crazier) well of information.

IP TV is the next step. Content will be created independently and distributed on a subscription base also independently of the TV and satellite networks. So you will be able to watch what you want to rather than being fed junk together with you choice. We will see a lot more niche programming become truly successful.

They need to get the internet infrastructure right first... youtube, bbc iplayer and bittorrent have already caused nightmares for ISPs who just don't want to spend the money upgrading their infrastructure to consumer demand. We are seeing this particularly in the UK at the moment, insteading of upgrading to comsumer demand, they are imposing serious throttling at peak hours which would not do anything to aid in in implementing the above system.

Not only that, we need to push fiber to the homes vice coax cable. Where we live, we have the infrastructure with fiber to the peds but not to the home. Even our phones are now internet driven [Cox Cable].

It boils down to money. It cost about $1500 per linear foot of fiber installed to the home. They can only install fiber to the home in brand new neighborhoods but less likely on existing homes. The next weave will be wireless. But the backbone is owned by the usual suspects and that is why little progress is being made currently.