Archeology and Scientific Evidence

aj4u

I have plunged my myself into reading the BoM and find that it purports the rise and development of great civilizations. Places that were covered with buildings and people groups numerous as the sands of the ocean Mormon 1

In Nephi there is fine works of wood, iron, copper, and brass and even steel (I didn't know steel existed during does times) all manner of tools Jarom 1: 8 They spread over the face of the earth. There is also swords, cimeters, breastplates, arm shields head plates and many other such things that went along with these civilizations. Where can I find archeological and scientific proof of such places like there is proof for the Holy Bible of the places it mentions along with the artifacts?

Edited by aj4u

I have plunged my myself into reading the BoM and find that it purports the rise and development of great civilizations. Places that were covered with buildings and people groups numerous as the sands of the ocean Mormon 1

In Nephi there is fine works of wood, iron, copper, and brass and even steel (I didn't know steel existed during does times) all manner of tools Jarom 1: 8 They spread over the face of the earth. There is also swords, cimeters, breastplates, arm shields head plates and many other such things that went along with these civilizations. Where can I find archeological and scientific proof of such places like there is proof for the Holy Bible of the places it mentions along with the artifacts?

In the Book of Mormon of course.

Elphaba

did you ever read the link I provided for you in your last thread??/ I know your not very good about answering other peoples questions, but, I am curious.

If you had evidence as you call it...right in front of you...I bet you still would not believe it..

You guys do realize he's a troll, yes?

No one who has read the BoM the first time knows whether or not there was steel in the Americas 600 years ago. No one would know to ask that question.

At least, not unless he has already talked to people who tell him there were none. If that's the case, he failed to mention it.

Elphaba

No one who has read the BoM the first time knows whether or not there was steel in the Americas 600 years ago. No one would know to ask that question.

At least, not unless he has already talked to people who tell him there were none. If that's the case, he failed to mention it.

Elphaba

yes...we know he is a troll.....sometimes you can't resist having a little fun with them...:)

did you ever read the link I provided for you in your last thread??/ I know your not very good about answering other peoples questions, but, I am curious.

If you had evidence as you call it...right in front of you...I bet you still would not believe it..

Yes, thank you I am looking at all the information. there is quite a bit so it takes me time to answer I am getting many websites to view. So at this time, I have no comment. I need to look at the material closely. I don't have evidence that God created the worlds; yet I believe it! Who maketh thee my judge?:glare:

Yes, thank you I am looking at all the information. there is quite a bit so it takes me time to answer I am getting many websites to view. So at this time, I have no comment. I need to look at the material closely. I don't have evidence that God created the worlds; yet I believe it! Who maketh thee my judge?:glare:

I was wondering that about you in your last thread.

Elphaba

It is not the first time I read parts of the BoM. I am just reading more than ever now. As you mentioned, "No one who has read the BoM the first time knows whether or not there was steel in the Americas 600 years ago. No one would know to ask that question." But form what you say, you knew it. Why did you fail to mention the anachronisms back when I brought up the subject in one of my threads that were closed? I am being given websites to answer the questions, but I am having to filter through lots of stuff that adds more questions. The name calling is not necessary and does not glorify God.

Luke 16:31

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

And if they don't believe it when one rose from the dead, what makes you think artifacts are going to make a difference?

Source?

Yes, it would be invaluable to be able to quote evidence of steel in 3000 BC to skeptics.

It would be even more valuable if we didn't send them to Amazon.com with no clue as to precisely what was said and where in the book it could be located.

The original source for information in such anthology books is helpful as well

sorry lol and was brain fart error on my part I meant over 3000 years ago, the book is where I learned my archaelogy of steel and if he is that interested presumably he is bright enough to use a library and request it^_^ Whilst it may be useful to quote the orginal source would rely on me remembering a source I read over 10 years ago at university - he got the best I could remember. However that book has some good maps etc

However have found it in Wikipedia

Ancient steel

Steel was known in antiquity, and may have been produced by managing the bloomery so that the bloom contained carbon.[10] The earliest known production of steel is a piece of ironware excavated from an archaeological site in Anatolia and is about 4,000 years old.[11] Other ancient steel comes from East Africa, dating back to 1400 BC.[12] In the 4th century BC steel weapons like the Falcata were produced in the Iberian Peninsula, while Noric steel was used by the Roman military. Evidence from ancient Sri Lanka show of steel production as early as 300 BC [13] the steel produced was traded in the region and Persia. The Chinese of the Warring States (403–221 BC) had quench-hardened steel,[14] while Chinese of the Han Dynasty (202 BC – 220 AD) created steel by melting together wrought iron with cast iron, gaining an ultimate product of a carbon-intermediate—steel by the 1st century AD.[15][16]

However 1400BC was still earlier than Nephi

Steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Elphaba

The guy is, and has been, blatantly dishonest. He's not studying from the BoM as he claims but rather reading polemical arguments, OBVIOUSLY, on anti sites.

but I am having to filter through lots of stuff that adds more questions.

Yeah that's it, keep looking through those Sandra Tanner, Walter Martin, Ed Decker and Dee Jay Nelson books. Hey, if you're gonna go the anti route, don't sell yourself short from the best.:rolleyes:

Elphaba

Yes, I'm amazed at how quickly he's "plunged" into the BoM. Just a few days ago on another thread, he hadn't started it, and now is past Jarom. Definitely a speed reader with immense memorization skills.

What amazes me is that he's lasted so long on LDS.Net. Everyone knows he's a troll, but he hasn't been booted from the forums yet. He's still playing his games, but the Mods have been extremely patient with him.

He's now onto a "new" ancient tactic, which I've seen now many times over the last 20 years: questioning the weapons in the BoM. Yet, he has not directly responded to the evidences I've given him in the past.

Typical troll.

Yes, I'm amazed at how quickly he's "plunged" into the BoM. Just a few days ago on another thread, he hadn't started it, and now is past Jarom. Definitely a speed reader with immense memorization skills.

What amazes me is that he's lasted so long on LDS.Net. Everyone knows he's a troll, but he hasn't been booted from the forums yet. He's still playing his games, but the Mods have been extremely patient with him.

He's now onto a "new" ancient tactic, which I've seen now many times over the last 20 years: questioning the weapons in the BoM. Yet, he has not directly responded to the evidences I've given him in the past.

Typical troll.

I did expect this to end....Posted Imagehttp://i.azjmp.com/0SbSY