New Taxes????

Palerider

Legislation pending before Gov. Jay Nixon would set criteria by which state utility regulators could approve charges for utility programs that reduce energy use. If he signs it, the new law would take effect Aug. 28.

Is this a payback for much appreciated donations by utility companies who's profit margin may be suffering due to reduced usage of their product?

Idaho Power has been raising rates with the full cooperation of the state of Idaho for years. One time they scolded the utility company a bit for wanting to raise rates 3 times in one year, but that's been the only check I've seen. Sorry, Palerider, any ideas on how to reign them in?

Idaho Power has been raising rates with the full cooperation of the state of Idaho for years. One time they scolded the utility company a bit for wanting to raise rates 3 times in one year, but that's been the only check I've seen. Sorry, Palerider, any ideas on how to reign them in?

You have to file a complaint with the state energy board. The more the merrier when it comes to complaints.

I was stiffed with a 144.00 dollar 'Distribution and Public Purpose Charges', which is part of the overall cost of energy. However, when comparing to just electricity usage alone, it cost more than my charge of 118.00 dollars. After a few complaints to the SDGE, they have this coin answer. For me, it was a statement, I don't know why but it is based on percentage.

I now asked SDGE rep, how do I file a formal complaint based on a flaw system. ;)

Those Idahoans have yet to learn how to do it. The Utah Legislature did away with our Public Utilities Commission which reviewed the merits of proposed rate hikes and then determined if they should be allowed. This was hindering the acquisition of profits.*

*See rule of acquisition #17.

Those Idahoans have yet to learn how to do it. The Utah Legislature did away with our Public Utilities Commission which reviewed the merits of proposed rate hikes and then determined if they should be allowed.

Huh. Their website's still up.

Huh. Their website's still up.

The website is up, but the true idea for consumer protection agency flew the coop when the idea of deregulation became a reality. For instance, in the last three years there have been three Pacific Corp rate requests and all three have been fully approved.

Saving energy costs us? Isn't that a contradiction? :)

Ben Raines

The idea is that you'll have the same expenditure, but get less energy. The spread goes to uncle sam's social programs which will perpetually require funding from other sources as well while the whole productive capacity of our people is diminished to pre-historic levels. But hey, unemployment will be zero when we work twelve hours for a bowl of rice!

-a-train