I found an article worth checking out...

AllenGlines

Author David Wood did a blog on how to alienate readers. This was the #1 way. People really are smart enough to figure out what you're doing.

Or the author is stupid enough to use his real name on the forum he is claiming to have just "discovered" the article.

Either way, he doesn't care. The reason they post the links here is not so much that people will click on it and read the article (though that does help him) but for search engine optimisation. Search engine algorithmes work primarily using links. The more links pointing towards a webpage or website, the higher it ranks in search engines - overall this is the ultimate reason that people spam message boards with links. No first time poster should be allowed to have a link in his post - but that's just how I would do it.

Edited by Mahone

What I would like to see is a channel that screens all the most popular movies but first edits out all the profanity and sexual content.

I like for example Alien and Aliens; I taped them off the BBC when the BBC used to never screen bad language. It was taped on the old Betamax recorders. But once I'd worn that tape recorder out VHS was the only format available. BBC screened Alien and Aliens again so I taped them onto VHS.

I remember a lesson in priesthood once where the teacher used as an example the BBC and the record Relax. At the time this record came out both the BBC and the church were in unison that the content of this record was unsuitable for them to broadcast it and banned it from all their channels, radio and TV. Some years later, the teacher demonstrated, the Relax record was played most days somewhere across the BBC network. The churches position was unchanged.

So it was no surprised in hindsight that my favourite movies had become unwatchable because of the bad language that was now not edited out.

What I would like to see is a channel that screens all the most popular movies but first edits out all the profanity and sexual content.

I like for example Alien and Aliens; I taped them off the BBC when the BBC used to never screen bad language. It was taped on the old Betamax recorders. But once I'd worn that tape recorder out VHS was the only format available. BBC screened Alien and Aliens again so I taped them onto VHS.

I remember a lesson in priesthood once where the teacher used as an example the BBC and the record Relax. At the time this record came out both the BBC and the church were in unison that the content of this record was unsuitable for them to broadcast it and banned it from all their channels, radio and TV. Some years later, the teacher demonstrated, the Relax record was played most days somewhere across the BBC network. The churches position was unchanged.

So it was no surprised in hindsight that my favourite movies had become unwatchable because of the bad language that was now not edited out.

I read in the paper once about a store in Utah which did exactly this with their DVDs. I don't know if there is any UK equivalent. There is a surprising amount of non-lds who also dislike the bad language broadcast across our airwaves/on standard movie DVDs - I think they would get a decent amount of custom.

Edited by Mahone

Regardless of Glines' lame attempt here, the fact of the matter is that TV is all about $$$. And having "thousands of people" tuning in "around the world" is laughably pathetic. What company is going to pay the desperately-needed advertising revenues to a viewing market so piddly?

Don't get me wrong - it'd be wonderful to have. But it can't support itself. We're a peculiar people because wholesome, uplifting, and edifying entertainment is not what people want - even a lot of Saints.

I read in the paper once about a store in Utah which did exactly this with their DVDs. I don't know if there is any UK equivalent. There is a surprising amount of non-lds who also dislike the bad language broadcast across our airwaves/on standard movie DVDs - I think they would get a decent amount of custom.

I think they got sued by the movie studios because they were 'changing content'. Apparently to some people foul language is integral to the plot....idiots :P

If there is an official LDS church channel I hope it's better than what I get with KBYU on Direct TV. Occasionally there are good programs, but you have to be able to stay awake for them :rolleyes: I'm not talking about production values or splashy effects, what I'd like to see is better writing lol.

Edited by talisyn
Don't want people to think I don't like wholesomeness :p