Meet MsQwerty

MsQwerty

Hi All,

Confession time - I've been lurking here for some time, reading posts and wanting to join in, but unsure about where to jump in.

I've been a member of the church for many years but activity has been sporadic for various reasons. Have three beautiful daughters and a non-member husband who stays home to watch the baby. I am a midlife mother (had my last two babies in my 40's), and I am a professional who works fulltime as the primary breadwinner for the family. I like to think of myself as being a compassionate and loving individual, but I'm not terribly good at social graces either at church or work or most other places...I think I mustn't project 'warmth' (probably because I am stressed out most of the time with everything I have to do and from never having enough sleep) when in fact I feel very warm towards others.

I often find myself on the opposite polar end of discussions and so wonder if I really am completely barmy in my interpretation of the world sometimes. My opinions are driven by a strong belief in social justice. My experience thus far with online communication hasn't been too successful (I'm trying to be better at it!), so if I come across as weird or strange or whatever, please let me know, it's not deliberate.

Now that I've given a weird and strange introduction...look forward to getting to know you all a little better, if you'll have me :D

Q

It's okay, Qwerty. You will always be very similar to me in that you will end up on the opposite end of arguments. When you come at a problem from the angle of 'Social justice', you ignore the Nationalistic arguments.

For instance, argument:

"Russia is aggressively telling the US they can't put missiles that threaten Russia right on their border."

Through the lens of Nationalism, you see 'Russia is dangerous. They need to be held in check.'

Through an international lens, you see 'The US also wasn't a big fan of Russia putting nukes on Cuba.'

Financially, the most vocal group on here will tend to be the libertarian, all-taxes-are-theft side.

Socially, the most vocal group here will be those people who tend to move ever further to the right the more liberal society becomes. This is very understandable. In theory, values should stay constant if they're true. In practice, an overly liberalized society tends to breed some extreme-right views as a kind of overcompensation. It's strange, but true.

I get in to a lot of discussions on here and sometimes find it frustrating, but the truth is that most people have a tremendous love of their saviour. I would hope that when Jesus spoke, that would be the last of questions, but in practice, social indoctrination affects us all to different levels.

Hi All,

Confession time - I've been lurking here for some time, reading posts and wanting to join in, but unsure about where to jump in.

I've been a member of the church for many years but activity has been sporadic for various reasons. Have three beautiful daughters and a non-member husband who stays home to watch the baby. I am a midlife mother (had my last two babies in my 40's), and I am a professional who works fulltime as the primary breadwinner for the family. I like to think of myself as being a compassionate and loving individual, but I'm not terribly good at social graces either at church or work or most other places...I think I mustn't project 'warmth' (probably because I am stressed out most of the time with everything I have to do and from never having enough sleep) when in fact I feel very warm towards others.

I often find myself on the opposite polar end of discussions and so wonder if I really am completely barmy in my interpretation of the world sometimes. My opinions are driven by a strong belief in social justice. My experience thus far with online communication hasn't been too successful (I'm trying to be better at it!), so if I come across as weird or strange or whatever, please let me know, it's not deliberate.

Now that I've given a weird and strange introduction...look forward to getting to know you all a little better, if you'll have me :D

Q