yes, my wife

bcguy

Its a ongoing issue with her emotions. She even said even the bishop will not understand our marriege. Tonight I went to goto the masterbedroom to open it and take the dog out. The door was locked, wife unlocked it and said "you have not been a part of the familly for eaight years" She said she wanted to be alone. She has no friends. She crabs when the visting house teachers call her. She has been on and off like this before we were engaged. Very emosional woman. Tell me, are lds woman more like this then woman outside of the church? I wont forget the times she would force her weight on me for no reason. She said today "you know, it would have cost me less in life if we were not married" well she was living at home with a 20k$ debt over her head. Could not afford to live on her own before I met her! Anyway, feel like making a blog of this. Keep me sane at least. When she does get bonsus from work, she goes out and spends it on couches, BIG lcd tvs ect, then complains she need the extra money from me to pay off "OUR" combined debt?

Anyway,

Guest Godless

Sounds like she may have a serious issue like Bipolar or Borderline Personality Disorder. I've known a few people who struggle with such conditions, including my mother. If you wife isn't getting professional help, she probably should be.

I don't divorce is the answer. You should see if you can get her checked for Bi-polar disorder. They've come a long way in treating it with medicine. Counseling couldn't hurt either. You obviously love her to marry her even when you knew she was prone to mood swings. Don't give up on her or your marriage.

-Jenny ;)

Divorce is generally not the answer. But in this case the woman is absolutely crazy, and I doubt any amount of therapy will heal that relationship. Anytime a person wakes you in the middle of the night just to threaten to kill you and then deny they did it the next morning, you need to leave before they make good on that threat. You can't have any quality of life if you spend half of it looking over your shoulder expecting physical or mental abuse at any moment. Get out of this relationship and move on.

Divorce is generally not the answer. But in this case the woman is absolutely crazy, and I doubt any amount of therapy will heal that relationship. Anytime a person wakes you in the middle of the night just to threaten to kill you and then deny they did it the next morning, you need to leave before they make good on that threat. You can't have any quality of life if you spend half of it looking over your shoulder expecting physical or mental abuse at any moment. Get out of this relationship and move on.

I agree at very least you need to seperate until that help is obtained and she has proven she can take medication and respond to it.

-Charley

Don't have kids? It's basically up to you what to do. You seemed to know who and what she was when you married her, she's still the same person now that you're married. Stay if you wanna stay, put up with the consequenses. Leave if you wanna leave, put up with the consequenses. Only for the love of all that is holy, do not bring kids into the world with this woman.

Already have kids? That's a harder question. Secret fact: Parents of kids still have to deal with each other after a divorce. Except everything is umpteen times harder, increased chances of kids going to prison, or having kids out of wedlock. Upped chance of one or both parties ending up in poverty. Sometimes, staying married is worse than those consequenses. Can't really help you with the judgement call there.

I can say that I was raised by one self-absorbed insane parent and one eternally patient parent. I turned out ok, with a healthy perspective on my upbringing. A lot of kids in my situation don't.

LM