Real or photoshopped?

Mahone

i think its real since they are out of foucs and digital cameras autofocus

That would be simple enough to forge in photoshop or the gimp. It's the edges that almost convince me. Though the slight white border around the squirrels right eye is a bit dodgy - it could just be reflection - see this screenshot I took to see what I mean:

Posted Image

If the cameraman was supposed to be taking a picture of the couple, why are they not in the center of the photo? And digital cameras take at least half a second to refocus, so if that rodent jumped into the shot at the last second, as they imply, he'd be out of focus, yet he's in focus.

And if that camera is either on a tripod or in somebody's hand then that a VERY tall squirrel.

If the camera is sitting on a rock with a timer, it could be real, but that would be one courageous squirrel. The lighting and shadows on the squirrel, people, and surrounding rocks look accurate. And on a timer, the camera would have time to focus on the squirrel before snapping the picture. It would also explain why the couple is offcenter, since they may not have aimed the camera precisely before sitting down.

Finally, those lines on the squirrel are perfect - especially around his whiskers and hairs on his body. We're talking a godly Photoshop job, if it's fake.

If the cameraman was supposed to be taking a picture of the couple, why are they not in the center of the photo?

Visual interest*, you don't have/want to always put the focus of your shot dead center, it can sometimes be better not to. That having been said the article explains, "We had our camera set up on some rocks..."

* Canon scrapbooking - Tutorials:Take Great Photos Scroll down to the "Boring Photos" section to see what I'm talking about.

Edited by Dravin

Guest SmarterBlue

Oh this is completely fake. Notice the shadow under the Squirrel’s nose suggests 12 o’clock, while the shadow under Squirrel’s feet suggest early morning or late afternoon. Squirrel also told the police he had never seen the photo, and his head was super imposed on someone else’s body. I also think it odd that they found two pictures of Squirrel with a gun despite the fact the police stated they had carefully searched the house carefully the day before. This picture here, exhibit 133-A, is a forgery designed to conceal the truth from the American people. I demand justice! :D

Edited by SmarterBlue

Oh this is completely fake. Notice the shadow under the Squirrel’s nose suggests 12 o’clock, while the shadow under Squirrel’s feet suggest early morning or late afternoon. Squirrel also told the police he had never seen the photo, and his head was super imposed on someone else’s body. I also think it odd that they found two pictures of Squirrel with a gun despite the fact the police stated they had carefully searched the house carefully the day before. This picture here, exhibit 133-A, is a forgery designed to conceal the truth from the American people. I demand justice! :D

A similar thing happened to a friend of mine:

Posted Image

Also this scared the heck of of him:

Posted Image

They just all appeared:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:D

Edited by Mahone