Things that make you crazy

bytor2112

As far as this board goes, it drives me pretty crazy when people take me more seriously than they should. This is the internet after all. As far as I'm concerned, take the good and don't even give a second thought to anything you don't like. This of course has helped me developed my very cultured and unbiased opinions on society:P

Crazy would be too harsh of a word, but I do find it annoying when very old threads are resurrected without the poster even realizing that the OP was 2+ years prior.

Usually happens with newbies to forums, who often find the forum via a search engine linking to one of the older threads and just cannot resist contributing, whether they actually notice the date or not. A lot of forums automatically lock all threads after they have been idle for a few months to stop just this. If they want to start another thread on the topic, they are welcome to do so.

so just because a thread was started 2 years ago means nothing relevant can be added today?

In most cases, yes. And if not, then they can start another thread and link to the old one if the old one is locked. That presents a solution to the problem of people posted on redundant threads and provides a work around for those that are still applicable today. A lot of members who will have posted on a thread two years ago will no longer be active on the site. Plus doing it that way makes it very clear the original thread is an old one - not everyone notices this.

What irritates me is people use use text talk and internet slang in message forums and E-mails.

That used to bother me a lot until someone pointed out that many times people are using their phones to do both of those things...then it kind of made sense.

What drives me crazy is when even elected officials don't respect the office of President by shouting during his speech before Congress. It's one thing to disagree with the man, but wait until you get to debate the issue to bring it up.

I agree with you....however its just as bad when a group of politicians "boo" a President as he is giving his speech.

What drives me crazy is when even elected officials don't respect the office of President by shouting during his speech before Congress. It's one thing to disagree with the man, but wait until you get to debate the issue to bring it up.

Sort of like English politics but with a better seating arrangement.

Typos on a post drive me crazy where I have to rack my brain to figure what this poster was trying to say. I wish posters would proof read and then use the edit button, that is what it's there for. :)

Editing to add: Reading long posts without paragraphs can also drive a person literally crazy.

M.

Edited by Maureen