Would this be considered wrong?

naturelover

During intermission at a theatrical presentation, his [David O. McKay's] host offered to get refreshments: "His hearing wasn't very good, and I got right down in front of him and said, 'President McKay, what would you like to drink? All of our cups say Coca Cola on them because of our arrangement with Coca Cola Bottling, but we have root beer and we have orange and we have Seven-Up. What would you like to drink?" And he said, "I don't care what it says on the cup, as long as there is Coke in the cup.' "

During intermission at a theatrical presentation, his [David O. McKay's] host offered to get refreshments: "His hearing wasn't very good, and I got right down in front of him and said, 'President McKay, what would you like to drink? All of our cups say Coca Cola on them because of our arrangement with Coca Cola Bottling, but we have root beer and we have orange and we have Seven-Up. What would you like to drink?" And he said, "I don't care what it says on the cup, as long as there is Coke in the cup.'

During intermission at a theatrical presentation, his [David O. McKay's] host offered to get refreshments: "His hearing wasn't very good, and I got right down in front of him and said, 'President McKay, what would you like to drink? All of our cups say Coca Cola on them because of our arrangement with Coca Cola Bottling, but we have root beer and we have orange and we have Seven-Up. What would you like to drink?" And he said, "I don't care what it says on the cup, as long as there is Coke in the cup.'

- David O. McKay and the Rise of Modern Mormonism., pg. 23

Besides being a worthwhile quotation, this could also stand as a parable teaching us not create dogma on such subjects as cola drinks.

:)

My wife is currently working with a guy trying to get himself off drugs. Heroin, cocaine, meth, alcohol, you name it. He's trying to 'step down' to cigarettes. A pack a day helps keep him out of the hospital

I sense a new Camel ad campaign... Avoid costly hospital stays - smoke a pack a day... guaranteed to keep the doctor away.

I don't drink coffee or tea, except herbal tea. However, I do sometimes drink caffeinated pop, mostly when caffeine-free isn't available. But I'm certainly not addicted to caffeine, and most days I don't even have it. Would that still be considered wrong? It's probably a dumb question, but I'm still a little unsure about the WoW and whether or not it includes caffeine or just coffee and tea.

Thanks.

How many of the brethren do drink soda? ^_^