I Am Sad...

StrawberryFields

If I shouted I would hear my own echo in here. :(

I know that LDS Talk doesn't owe me anything but I found a home here. Not much of a life when a message board feels like part of your family.

This is a place I could come to, to laugh, to cry, to vent and to learn. I can understand the enforced rules, but the missing Posts? Most of the things that were really bad were gone I thought. If not they would be been buried with the new posts as they came in. This is so different here now. I don't plan to leave but if all my friends don't come here then what's the fun of it? LDS Talk has been the most frequented site on my computer, besides my home page. Too many changes all at once has us feeling like the rug has been pulled out from under us and landing hard on the ground. :unsure:

SF Please understand the magnitude of work that would have been done to keep these posts, think of how many threads there were and us having to sift through everyone, moving them, and moving them again. I understand what youre saying, but please try to see the work load that would have been. I too work a full time job and have a family, i do this in my spare time.

Hope you understand

Spencer

Guest antishock82003

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Jan 15 2004, 01:57 AM

If I shouted I would hear my own echo in here. :(

I know that LDS Talk doesn't owe me anything but I found a home here. Not much of a life when a message board feels like part of your family.

This is a place I could come to, to laugh, to cry, to vent and to learn. I can understand the enforced rules, but the missing Posts? Most of the things that were really bad were gone I thought. If not they would be been buried with the new posts as they came in. This is so different here now. I don't plan to leave but if all my friends don't come here then what's the fun of it? LDS Talk has been the most frequented site on my computer, besides my home page. Too many changes all at once has us feeling like the rug has been pulled out from under us and landing hard on the ground. :unsure:

I suspect the main problem right now is Spencer and Laurel Tree, with Spence's young enthusiasm for neo-Mormon exclusionism driving the train. SF, you're right, the board sucks. LT and Spencey-poo will probably get their way...and we'll see how it goes...well, you'll see how it goes...I'm sure it won't be long now before Spencetnaz will get me banned. So much much for decent dialogue. And yes, it was good dialogue. If you look at a couple of recent threads that were "controversial" those were the threads that were the most read and the most active. I don't think it's so much because the topic is interesting, but because people need to be challenged. It's fulfilling to debate and exercise one's mind...and Spence-tacular and LAUREL Tree want to reduce this board to a feel-good primary session. That's too bad.

• 3 years later...

Hey Berry,

It is different but I'm guessing if we give it a try and figure our way around this new look, we'll fit right in. It will just take some adjusting. :)

Thanks "T"

With the update it seems the the 'first threads' or older threads ended up on top. I started this thread almost 4 years ago according to the date. :D

Strawberry,

I am feeling the same sense of bewilderment. :confused:

Threads I was following yesterday seem to have sections missing (eg. the one you started where we were telling what was happening around us whilst we were on line).

To my recollection those posts were not in any way offensive or contrary to any rules, completely harmless in fact.

The general set up is certainly different to the last one - I honestly prefer the previous site format.

I'll hang in there for a while yet.

However, if the site keeps crashing on me I'll have to bug out - too frustrating.

It's gone down 4 times in the last 25 minutes. :mad:

Strawberry,

I am feeling the same sense of bewilderment. :confused:

Threads I was following yesterday seem to have sections missing (eg. the one you started where we were telling what was happening around us whilst we were on line).

To my recollection those posts were not in any way offensive or contrary to any rules, completely harmless in fact.

The general set up is certainly different to the last one - I honestly prefer the previous site format.

I'll hang in there for a while yet.

However, if the site keeps crashing on me I'll have to bug out - too frustrating.

It's gone down 4 times in the last 25 minutes. :mad:

I am sorry to hear that Onyx.:(

Me too are a bit frustrated at this new sites looks and things, but I am sure I will figure it out soon enough?? Even if I hate to use my brain, lol

Alot have said this isan improvement, I guess I just have to figure out what has improved ha??

My heart is gone:confused:

hugs

The site has gone through an update with lots a great features. When you go to the fourms page you need to chage the order of display (at the botttom) to desending...

This thread was started by me 4 YEARS ago LOL.

Hang in there it will only get better. :)

The site has gone through an update with lots a great features. When you go to the fourms page you need to chage the order of display (at the botttom) to desending...

This thread was started by me 4 YEARS ago LOL.

Hang in there it will only get better. :)

Toggle? What else is by it? I only see a triangle but that only lists "go to page" when I click it (at the bottom of the page). Maybe I'm on the wrong page. When you say the "Forum page" what exactly do you mean? How do you get there?

Thank you Berry

Here is a link to the page.... I hope it helps the display options are at the bottom.

http://www.lds.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=13&page=1&pp=20&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1

You can also use the NewPosts search at the top in black. :D

Where's your little cherub avatar? Your not really SF without that.

You really like the cherub?? Ya really DO?

I have been playing with my avatar on and off today.... I kinda like the green smiley avatar did ya see that one? hehe