A whole new meaning to "Sidewalk Proselyting"!!

Jenamarie

That's amazing and cool! We had a missionary in our ward who proselytes using magic tricks... one of his tricks was a fork that he would twirl and twirl saying something about how we are hard and immovable like a fork but with the Holy Spirit, our hearts can be made to soften... and sure enough, the fork bends.

And this one should be the purpose of coffee - for art, not consumption. :-)

Coffee Mona Lisa | HizeCool

I wonder if their mission president got after them for wasting time.

Not sure why it would be considered a waste of time. If it did indeed opens up a conversation about the gospel; hardly a waste of time. I think in areas where it's difficult to bring it up...something like this is brilliant.

I agree with Pam. There were days when my comp and I spent just going door to door in high rise apartments with every door slammed in our faces. We'd go for days without being able to make an appointment. This is a very creative way to draw attention, make it a teaching moment and have some degree of success. Remember that Christ, too, once drew in the sand in front of others. It was a teaching moment. ;)

I wonder if their mission president got after them for wasting time.

I think, to be quite frank about it, the door to door approach is proving more and more to be a waste of time. Kudos to these missionaries for finally thinking of something that may stir even a remote interest in people towards the church.

in the first pic i counted 6 missionaries.... gives me the impression it was a planned event where several companionships got together for it. the two drawing may not have done much proselyting but the other 4 probably did a lot. i could see it being a problem if it was one set of missionaries. with having others there i think it was a great way to get ppl to come to them and ask questions.

I don't even see it as a problem with just 2 missionaries. While drawing, they could be asked what their pictures represent. It still gives them an opportunity to teach.