Movie quotes

ozzy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting really nutty. How many unresolved quotes are out there right now? It seems like maybe there needs to be a little framework for the discussion? Like person #1 posts a quote, person #2 guesses it, person #3 guess it correctly, person #1 confirms said correctness, person #3 posts new quote. Lather, rinse, repeat.

??

"I can't do that Dave"

Uhhh... my first guess would be 2001: A Space Odessy but that's a far-fetch guess on my part, i've only ever seen it once in my entire life. So, what is it really?

1. "This house is so full of people it makes me sick. When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone."

2. "Can we take a direct flight back to reality, or do we have to change planes in Denver?"

This is getting really nutty. How many unresolved quotes are out there right now? It seems like maybe there needs to be a little framework for the discussion? Like person #1 posts a quote, person #2 guesses it, person #3 guess it correctly, person #1 confirms said correctness, person #3 posts new quote. Lather, rinse, repeat.

??

Looks to me like the only ones unresolved are post #22 (i have no idea what that one is), #26 (which i just took a shot at) and my current one above (which has two separate quotes).

Uhhh... my first guess would be 2001: A Space Odessy but that's a far-fetch guess on my part, i've only ever seen it once in my entire life. So, what is it really?

1. "This house is so full of people it makes me sick. When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone."

2. "Can we take a direct flight back to reality, or do we have to change planes in Denver?"

#1 is Home Alone: "I'M LIVING ALONE! I'M LIVING ALONE!"

#2 sounds familiar, but I can't place it.

#1 is Home Alone: "I'M LIVING ALONE! I'M LIVING ALONE!"

#2 sounds familiar, but I can't place it.

#1 is correct! :)

That leaves 3 unresolved. See post #22, #26 and the second quote on post #28 for those who want to take a shot.

??

why are we trying to ruin good chaos with rules? lol

New release - pg13 - My wife & I watched it together...

"Oooh! That's as hot as a stiff c***!!"

It was quite a surprise!

HiJolly

lol i watched that one last night...... i about died laughing when she said that... i thought it was great (hubby is now a little worried about me), though i have to many young kids to get away with repeating it safely... oh well. lol

Ok, not many people saw this movie, so I'll give you many hints. Each one of these is my favorite line ever:

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering."

"Roland, do *not* encourage your father."

"You're not well-liked. You're uh, you're abrasive and off- putting. You try and say pithy things, but your wit is a hinderance and therefore nothing is provocative. Just mixed metaphors. Now, doesn't that make you angry? Does it infuriate you?"

"There's not enough beer in the world, Spleen, I'm sorry."

LM

Mystery Men on the above.

Here's a quote for ya:

"Who would've thought we'd have a black son before we met a Democrat? "

and from the same movie:

"Are you aware there's a black kid in your Christmas card?"

Edited by anatess

Guest mormonmusic

There's a canoe paddle with a panther, prowling ferociously on one side, and a rabbit smoking a pipe on the other side of the paddle, relaxing.

Person #1: "Why is the rabbit unafraid?"

Person #2: "Because he's smarter than the panther"

Just to bring closure to this one (I know this is disturbing everyone's inner peace) this was from the movie "The Edge" with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. Anthony Hopkins was person #2, and person #1 was the owner of a remote resort.

Ok, not many people saw this movie, so I'll give you many hints. Each one of these is my favorite line ever:

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering."

"Roland, do *not* encourage your father."

"You're not well-liked. You're uh, you're abrasive and off- putting. You try and say pithy things, but your wit is a hinderance and therefore nothing is provocative. Just mixed metaphors. Now, doesn't that make you angry? Does it infuriate you?"

"There's not enough beer in the world, Spleen, I'm sorry."

And this:

- If we had a billionaire like Lance Hunt as our benefactor...

- That's because Lance Hunt is Captain Amazing

- Don't start that again. Lance Hunt wears glasses. Captain Amazing doesn't wear glasses.

- He takes them off when he transforms.

- That doesn't make any sense. He wouldn't be able to see.

And this:

- Okay, am I the only one who finds these sayings just a little bit formulaic? "If you want to push something down, you have to pull it up. If you want to go left, you have to go right." It's...

- Your temper is very quick, my friend. But until you learn to master your rage...

- ...your rage will become your master? That's what you were going to say. Right? Right?

- [pause] Not necessarily.

From the same movie:

"Woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man."

"You miserable little snake! You stole from my kin!"

"Who was fixin' to betray us."

"You didn't know it at the time!"

"So I borrowed it until I did know."

"That makes no sense!"

"It's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart."