Getting to know you

pam

I went to HS with a Bland, but he wasn't a member of the church. Hmmm, I'm going to go to my stake website and put that name in to see if this family is in my stake....

Speaking of stake website, Autstin Collie of the Colts is in my stake. I have his cell phone number now, so I'm thinking I may text him to give him some tips for the game on Sunday....

Must not be your stake - check the other stakes in your area - R Bland use to be in the stake presidency. Just wondered if you knew the family.

Thanks

The Traveler

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must not be your stake - check the other stakes in your area - R Bland use to be in the stake presidency. Just wondered if you knew the family.

Thanks

The Traveler

Oh my gosh. I am such an idiot. Yes! I know him! He is my stake high council dude for my calling. In fact, I have a meeting with him tomorrow night! Doh! :doh:

He is awesome...he and I are quite a bit alike which makes for fun times in the stake....

Oh my gosh. I am such an idiot. Yes! I know him! He is my stake high council dude for my calling. In fact, I have a meeting with him tomorrow night! Doh! :doh:

He is awesome...he and I are quite a bit alike which makes for fun times in the stake....

Tell him The Traveler says hi - it is likely he will know who I am just from my forum handle.

The Traveler

Tell him The Traveler says hi - it is likely he will know who I am just from my forum handle.

The Traveler

Ooo! I'm going to have fun with this. He is such a stickler for meetings to remain on topic and within the time frame. I think I'll have to bring up an additional topic right at the end....and mess with him about The Traveler.

Traveler, I was told to ask you "Are you dead?" If so, then he remembers you. If not, then he needs another clue.

It was fun to watch his face "what's Travelers name?" I don't know "what's he look like?" I don't know. "where does he live?" I don't know. "What do you know?" He is Traveler, scholarly, has a testimony. Do you know him? :lol:

Figured I might as well post here. Nobody knows me!

1. What is your favorite color? Purple!

2. Where were you born? Small town called Visalia, California, USA

3. Did you serve a mission and if so where? no

4. Married or single? Single and looking. I'm only 18! Definitely not married yet!

5. What is your favorite food? Mexican food

6. What is your favorite movie? Probably Avatar in 3D

7. Who is your favorite band? Coldplay or Snow Patrol, among others

8. Do you have children? No! Not married! haha

9. Who is your favorite author? I don't read books much, but I do like CS Lewis

10. What is your hobby? Playing the piano, drawing, playing videogames

11. What is your idea of the perfect vacation? Somewhere by the ocean with family or friends :)

12. What is your favorite city? I don't know

13. What is your favorite sports team? I don't watch sports, but I support BYU! haha

14. What kind of car do you drive? 1995 Toyota Celica! Manual transmission... Bought it myself!

15. What was the first car you owned? A 1999 Saturn SL2

16. What calling do you hold in church? Ward organist, member of the music council, and Relief Society secretary. (I'm in the young adults ward if u didn't guess, haha)

17. If you could travel anywhere in the world that you have not been to before, where would it be? Tour of Europe! Italy, Spain, France, Germany. I would also like to visit Mexico and Canada

18. What is your favorite tv show? Psych or Castle

19. What is your current favorite restaurant? Chili's is good

20. What event in your life gave you the biggest rush? Hm... I haven't had much thrill. But one ride in Lagoon (an amusement park in No. Utah) gives the effect of skydiving. That was awesome and scary

1. What is your favorite color? metallic steel

2. Where were you born? Riverton Wyoming

3. Did you serve a mission and if so where? San Diego/Alpine CA & Lake Havasu City AZ

4. Married or single? Single

5. What is your favorite food? Steak, pizza, or king crab legs

6. What is your favorite movie? Tombstone, Payback, the new Star Trek

7. Who is your favorite band? Dream Theater

8. Do you have children? No, so the world is still safe

9. Who is your favorite author? E.A.Poe, Talmage, Aasimov

10. What is your hobby? Religious forums, scale modeling, and driving Ferarri's...whenever I get one...

11. What is your idea of the perfect vacation? Road trip with zero schedule for two weeks, or camping in the mountains...for two weeks

12. What is your favorite city? Not sure I really have one...sorry.

13. What is your favorite sports team? Colorado Avalanche

14. What kind of car do you drive? '93 Lincoln Town Car

15. What was the first car you owned? '92 Chevy Cavalier

16. What calling do you hold in church? None right now

17. If you could travel anywhere in the world that you have not been to before, where would it be? Australia

18. What is your favorite tv show? MST3K, Alias, M*A*S*H

9. What is your current favorite restaurant? Old Chicago...I guess

20. What event in your life gave you the biggest rush? Hmmm...not sure I've had a 'biggest rush' yet...rollercoasters would be the closest I suppose.

Edited by RipplecutBuddha
formatting...

I think I would love that, but talking my wife onto a cruise boat for that long may be difficult......

When I first read this I thought it said..but talking to my wife on a cruise for that long would be difficult. I thought...RUDE!! :lol:

I have a friend here in SLC that owns a few corvettes and belongs to a corvette club. Every other year, clubs from all over get together and they travel as a group in their corvettes the route. That would be fun.

Traveler, I was told to ask you "Are you dead?" If so, then he remembers you. If not, then he needs another clue.

It was fun to watch his face "what's Travelers name?" I don't know "what's he look like?" I don't know. "where does he live?" I don't know. "What do you know?" He is Traveler, scholarly, has a testimony. Do you know him? :lol:

Okay - here is a really big clue he should get. His son married my daughter. If he cannot figure it out from that - I will have to have a talk with him :D

The Traveler

I've meant to get to this for a while now. I'm finally getting around to it. Here goes:

1. What is your favorite color? blue

2. Where were you born? Salt Lake City

3. Did you serve a mission and if so where? no

4. Married or single? married

5. What is your favorite food? Hhhmmm. Not sure I have a favorite. I like a tremendous variety of food, including Japanese, Thai, Italian, Mexican, Greek....well, you name it, I'll eat it. I guess for these purposes I'll say "sushi".

6. What is your favorite movie? Dances With Wolves

7. Who is your favorite band? Hhhmmm another tough one. I listen to all kinds of music. I guess mostly country though. I'll go with George Strait.

8. Do you have children? Yes, 1.....and 1 on the way in May:D

9. Who is your favorite author? Louis Lamour, James Patterson

10. What is your hobby? Skydiving

11. What is your idea of the perfect vacation? I've always wanted to visit Germany.....I'll go with that.

12. What is your favorite city? I'm not much of a city guy. I prefer the rural areas. I do enjoy SLC, Houston, and KC though.

13. What is your favorite sports team? Los Angeles Dodgers

14. What kind of car do you drive? Ford F150, GMC Yukon

15. What was the first car you owned? 1970something Subaru Brat

16. What calling do you hold in church? Ward Missionary

17. If you could travel anywhere in the world that you have not been to before, where would it be? Germany

18. What is your favorite tv show? Top Chef

19. What is your current favorite restaurant? Famous Dave's BBQ

20. What event in your life gave you the biggest rush? Probably my first skydive

1. What is your favorite color? Purple

2. Where were you born? Minneapolis MN

3. Did you serve a mission and if so where? n/a

4. Married or single? married

5. What is your favorite food? sirloin steak or a good stir fry

6. What is your favorite movie? Airplane or Major League

7. Who is your favorite band? Moody Blues

8. Do you have children? No

9. Who is your favorite author? Michael Connelly (mystery)

10. What is your hobby? Posting on message boards, just taken up writing

11. What is your idea of the perfect vacation? DisneyWorld

12. What is your favorite city? Orlando

13. What is your favorite sports team? Not a sports fan

14. What kind of car do you drive? 2001 Ford F150

15. What was the first car you owned? 1962 Plymouth Belvedere

16. What calling do you hold in church? Ward Exec Sec

17. If you could travel anywhere in the world that you have not been to before, where would it be? Drive across the USA and being able to stop anytime anything caught my fancy

18. What is your favorite tv show? LOST, CSIs, Heros

19. What is your current favorite restaurant? Ghengis Grill (Mongolian Stir Fry)

20. What event in your life gave you the biggest rush?I'll just say I am an adult convert that was a bit of a bad boy in my younger days and leave it at that

Edited by mnn727

I suspect the followup question may have been fielded by the Moksha of Earth#2, who looks much the same (well, maybe a bit better looking and smarter as well).

So it was you! I must have been hallucinating when I asked the better-looking and smarter Moksha. :P

Gov. Jon Huntsman's declaration of February 18, 2009 as Wallace Stegner Day . . . .

I didn't know about that and am sorry I missed it.

Stegner books whose titles certainly stand out:

Mormon Country

The Gathering of Zion: The Story of the Mormon Trail

The Preacher And the Slave aka Joe Hill: A Biographical Novel

I haven't read The Preacher and the Slave. The other two are very good.

My favorite book of his is Angle of Repose, for which he won the Pulitzer. However, I had no idea of the controversy Wiki notes. It sounds like he is guilty of blatant plagiarism, which I despise. That's unsettling.

I also loved Big Rock Candy Mountain.

Elphaba

My name is Sharon , I live in West Valley Utah

I've been a memebr all of my life. My husband and I have 3 children. I work in the Elementary schools and love it.

My current calling is Family History Instructor as an assistant to my husband. This is very challenging to us, there is lots of information and we are learning as fast as we can, so we can teach it to others. We have lived in Wash DC, Achorage Alaska and in SLC Utah.

I'm anxious to get to know everyone. I feel you cannot have too many friends, so bring 'em on! i'd love tohear from you! :)