Would you, could you? Multiple wives and husbands.....

Something Vanhin said sparked a question within me....

If the Church came out today and officially sanctioned plural marriage in any form (polygamy - either polygyny or polyandry) again....how many of you would feel comfortable going out and taking to yourself another wife or husband....or two or three or four....?

Would you do it because it was ok? Would you hesitate anyway? Would you jump at the chance?

I know Pam will be happy with only her Shemar Moore, but what about the rest of you? :lol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have trouble keeping up with one wife, why would I want 2?

Seriously though.......................................................................NO.

I see the wisdom in this. I think women are twice the man any man is. Not sure what I meant by that, but it was a compliment LOL.

WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2700 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to quit.

Congratulations, but don't stop, don't stop! :)

I don't know to be honest part of me likes having hubby all to myself but part of me recognises how much more practical it would be in bringing up children etc, right now I don't get sick days, and the company of another wife would actually be nice, think also would make huge difference in terms of childcare etc But I couldn't do it like they used to a wife in every home for me it would have to be one family.

I already have a second husband we are going on a date tonight lol just kidding my best friend from before I was married is gay and I keep getting him and my husband mixed up names wise, so he became my 'other' husband early on in our marriage, my hubby has another wife as well he was dating her and snuck in whilst she was on her mission. Now second husbands with the current economic situation would also be useful, would allow Mum to stay at home and still have 2 incomes.

Again I don't see the benefit of the one in every home idea

Shoot, I still gotta nail down the first one. :)

Seriously though, the way I see it is this. If the church sanctioned it, it would be highly circumstantial just like it was back in the day. The one and only circumstance ever allowed was that God commanded certain individuals to do it. I suppose you could say He never really allowed it at all, He just commanded it. So in answer, if He commanded me to do it, then it wouldn't really matter if I was comfortable with it or not, I better get comfortable with it pretty quick. :) I figure that if he commanded me to do it, he would help that comfort level, as well as that of my wife/wives.

I don't know. I want to say I would follow the prophet on this, but it would take a lot of pondering, praying, and fasting for me.

Polygamy is one area that I struggle with in accepting. I have a difficult time imagining being intimate (and I'm not just referring sexually) to more than one man and it would bother me greatly to know my husband is being intimate with another woman. My current thoughts are that I don't need to worry about it because it is not a requirement for me. If it ever does become one, I'm relying on the Lord to prepare me to accept it.

If the Church came out today and officially sanctioned plural marriage in any form (polygamy - either polygyny or polyandry) again....how many of you would feel comfortable going out and taking to yourself another wife or husband....or two or three or four....?

Absolutely not. One wife is plenty, besides if polygamy came back my wife would leave the Church in a heartbeat and she would leave me if I tried to practice it. I think if the Church did this it would be the end of the LDS church as we know it. Older generations may have been open to the idea of polygamy, but I have never spoken to anybody my age or younger who is open to the idea.

Absolutely not. One wife is plenty, besides if polygamy came back my wife would leave the Church in a heartbeat and she would leave me if I tried to practice it. I think if the Church did this it would be the end of the LDS church as we know it. Older generations may have been open to the idea of polygamy, but I have never spoken to anybody my age or younger who is open to the idea.

That is such an interesting stance....and I mean that sincerely. Can you please expand your feelings a little more on that? Do you suppose that dispite all that God's church has endured it would spell then end if the practice of polygamy was reinstituted? Even if God was directing that church and has promised that it would never again be taken from the Earth?

Hi. Bet I'm younger.n :D 22 presently

Something Vanhin said sparked a question within me....

Would you do it because it was ok? Would you hesitate anyway? Would you jump at the chance?

I know Pam will be happy with only her Shemar Moore, but what about the rest of you? :lol:

I would do it. I see no problems with plurality of wives if God commands it. My initial struggle would be with increasing my income...

Regards,

Vanhin

If it was a commandment . . . . I would have to fast and pray about it a lot and probably die from malnutrition before accepting the plan.

If it was an option . . . . Why would I do that to myself? I already get mentally abused by a wife, four daughters and a daughter-in-law. It would be like, “Here, take the hammer and hit me again”

I wouldn't but then again there are far easier thing i should be doing that i don't:guilty:

That being said i think looking at some of our reservations about the issue should help us have more admiration for the saints who went through it, and a better understanding of those who left because they couldn't.

too bad poligamy is about multiple wives, I could realy go for multiple husbands, only problem would be avoiding jelosy (men are soo posesive)

i wouldnt mind haing a "sister-wife" (like in david webers Honor Harrington series, or the Aiel in wheel of time) but the idea of my husband trying to support multiple households is rediculios

My family and my wife's family were all polygamists back in the day. All our ancestors come through the Mexican colonies (colonia Juarez, pacheco, etc.). We have good and bad examples of how to live the 'principle'.

I think my wife and I would be able to do it. We've talked before about how this could be helpful. I'll bet that my wife could write up a list of 5 sister candidates in less than one day.

But I'm not holding my breath...

HiJolly