Farmville, Zoo world, Aquarium World, oh my!

pam

Anyone addicted to any of these applications on facebook?

I'm not. I haven't tried any of these. But my cousins husband just contacted me wondering if I knew how to feed a baby whale as he has to feed it by 4:30 pst. His wife won't be home for several hours and needs him to do it.

So I'm sitting here thinking, this is really sad when a computer program is dictating our lives for us.

I've given FB the cold shoulder. I only pop in once in a while to check my mail etc etc but I'm not much into any of the apps that everyone is addicted to. But feeding a baby whale? Aww, that's so tender :] I have a virtual pet on my page but he's been *cough* abandoned *cough* for many many months. Possibly a full year and then some.. I get messages from time to time telling me that he's "starving" and needs some "TLC" but I tend to promptly ignore them. I'm just a terrible online pet owner, I admit.

Reminds me of the Tomagatchis my kids had when they were little. They each had one and they couldn't take them to school. So I would have to babysit them during the day so they wouldn't die. They were worse than taking care of real kids. lol

i like farmvile, yoville and cafeworld. all my friends and fam are on mafia wars too. the trick is to do the tings that dont requier you you be there at a certian time. like in famvill I have lots of trees and animals, because they dont wither (like the entier field of rasberrys i planted this morning)

I don't play any of them either...I was thinking of writing so on my wall so as not to offend anyone who might invite me. I have one farmville "gift" waiting for me to open and I won't, but I haven't hit the "ignore" button because it is from my niece.

I think farmville is the one thing in common that the conservatives, liberals, and progressives that populate my page have in common. Hmmmm....there's a thought....

I don't play any of them either...I was thinking of writing so on my wall so as not to offend anyone who might invite me. I have one farmville "gift" waiting for me to open and I won't, but I haven't hit the "ignore" button because it is from my niece.

I think farmville is the one thing in common that the conservatives, liberals, and progressives that populate my page have in common. Hmmmm....there's a thought....

go ahead and ignore it. it wont notify your niece.

I like some of those games. Sometimes it's nice to do something mindless, it relaxes me. The thing with those games on Facebook is that they do require you to keep it up or you feel like all your efforts have gone to waste. I played it for a month and realized I was spending too much time on there. My favorite game right now is Plants VS Zombies. Fun, kids like it, easy to pause at any moment.

You can block those so that they don't even show up.

Guest xforeverxmetalx

I play Mafia Wars fairly often, but not in the addicted omg-I-have-to-keep-playing-this way. It's mostly just entertaining for when I'm bored, like a lot of the things I do online.

I have FarmVille and a bunch of those other apps on ignore though. I figure one FB game is about enough, and well mafias sound more fun than farms. ^_^

I just don't want to block my niece.

You're not blocking her, you're just blocking the game itself.