Pets

Churchmouse

What kind of pets do members have?

We have three Great Pyrenees. Cooper and Molly are three, Ginger is two. There is an outdoor cat. She is a calico named Patches. She is our mouser. If they get by her they come up against our indoor cat. She is black with four white paws. Her name is Boots. If she doesn't get them they meet Mr. Broom and get a whirlpool bath as they are flushed down the toilet.

Awww!! I'm a cat person, too. If I could afford the extra rent they charge for pets, I'd probably get a couple (one by itself might get lonely when I'm at work).

Don't have any now, but I can tell you about past pets...

Various cats: orange tabby, black cat, grey tabby, tortoiseshell, grey Persian, black Persian, another orange tabby, solid grey cat.

Couple of goldfish.

Handful of red-eared sliders (turtles)--long ago.

A small caiman.

An Eastern box turtle.

A few mice, some kept on purpose, others "self-invited" houseguests. :lol:

There is one other non-human occupant. He lays by the stack of firewood or by the barn. The plan was to shoot him, but now that I've given him a name I don't want to do that. As long as he stays outside he's OK. His name is Herman. He's a six foot Black Snake.

Waaay cool!

:D

HEP

We have 3 ball pythons, 1 western hognose, 1 russian dwarf hamster (the other one died last week - we've been averaging only 2 years lifespan on those guys), several african soft-furred rats, 9 fish, 1 bichon frise, and an african grey parrot.

My profile pic is one of our ball pythons sitting on a log in his vivarium.

Your hamster probably died of fright when he saw all those snakes. Thought he was the guest of honor come dinner time.:):)

Your hamster probably died of fright when he saw all those snakes. Thought he was the guest of honor come dinner time.:):)

LOL!

Poor hamster died last night. It's been the pattern for the past 8 years... We get a new pair of hamsters every 2 years, give or take a couple months, and they usually die within a few days of each other.

Guest mirancs8

I've had a German Shepherd, 2 chocolate labs, 1 yellow lab, bunch of fish, and a cat. Unfortunately the yellow lab and cat had to go due to the divorce and no way for me to care for them being that I am rarely home. Cat was a stray who was a bit coo coo so I was fine getting the cat a home. My older son found him and and we got him nice and healthy.

I love animals but you have to have the time and money to take care of them.

I have 2 corgi/German shepherd mixes, who were littermates, and 2 cats, one is a Maine coon who insists on going for walks with the dogs, and the other cat is a domestic shorthair.

I had a Main Coon too- well, she was part Main Coon and part whoknows. I had the hardest time keeping water in her water dish. She would pat it and empty the dish all over the floor. Had to lock her out of the bathroom when we bathed/showered. She would jump right in. Absolutely loved the shower! With that long, silky fur- I would be covered in it! It plugged up the drain too.

Finally got a gravity feed water dish, that she could not get her big paw in to slap it. I did let her play in the bathroom sink once a week. I had a rubber fish, duck and boat that she would play with, just like she was a human kid!!

Im petless.

me-"Mom can I have a fish?"

mom- "No."

thats the story.

Ill just come play with all your animals =] well maybe not that snakes.

----

Though I do semi claim my sisters pup who lives with my dad shes a red heeler/australian shephard mix.=]

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Edited by SeekYourWish