Pets

Churchmouse

Not PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals or Peaple Eating Tasty Animals), but pets with an s.

What kind of pets do members have?

We have three Great Pyrenees. Cooper and Molly are three, Ginger is two. There is an outdoor cat. She is a calico named Patches. She is our mouser. If they get by her they come up against our indoor cat. She is black with four white paws. Her name is Boots. If she doesn't get them they meet Mr. Broom and get a whirlpool bath as they are flushed down the toilet.

Our horse does no work and just stands in the field, so I guess she would be considered a per also. She is an American Paint named Nikki.

There is one other non-human occupant. He lays by the stack of firewood or by the barn. The plan was to shoot him, but now that I've given him a name I don't want to do that. As long as he stays outside he's OK. His name is Herman. He's a six foot Black Snake.

I have two rats. They are the perfect pets for us right now. The kids can hold them and pet them and feed them, but they are also happy to be in their cages away from the kids on some days, too.

i have my little 4 month old miniature dachshund....who, for the first time, was allowed to sleep outside of his kennel 2 nights ago, and not get into mischief or make messes. as well, for the first time was allowed to stay out of his kennel while i was at work, and not get into mischief or make messes. go stretch :)

i also have my picasso dog. he's a bichon shih tzu who's about 11 years old and lives with my mom.

Not PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals or Peaple Eating Tasty Animals), but pets with an s.

What kind of pets do members have?

We have three Great Pyrenees. Cooper and Molly are three, Ginger is two. There is an outdoor cat. She is a calico named Patches. She is our mouser. If they get by her they come up against our indoor cat. She is black with four white paws. Her name is Boots. If she doesn't get them they meet Mr. Broom and get a whirlpool bath as they are flushed down the toilet.

Our horse does no work and just stands in the field, so I guess she would be considered a per also. She is an American Paint named Nikki.

There is one other non-human occupant. He lays by the stack of firewood or by the barn. The plan was to shoot him, but now that I've given him a name I don't want to do that. As long as he stays outside he's OK. His name is Herman. He's a six foot Black Snake.

Personally don't have one at the moment.. in the past our family has had an awesome dog (Golden labhusky mix) and generally has had adopted cats (usually the neighbors.. or their cats adopted us) throughout the years.

Currently my family has 3 Cats, Stubby, Pringles (from the same litter), and Freja.

My family has a Papillon dog and a tabby cat. My parents aren't big on animals and want to get rid of the dog.

Once I have my own place and can afford it though, I plan on having a lot of pets. I'm a big dog person and would go for something along the lines of an Irish Wolfhound or a Bernese Mountain Dog. Cats galore. And reptiles are awesome. I love snakes and lizards of all sorts. Add to that my love of birds (parrots, macaws, etc for pets and hawks, eagles, etc for falconry) and my place would be a menagerie. If I lived in the country I would also try to have horses and maybe a goat.

I have a golden retriever, though she lives with my mum because my landlord doesn't want pets. As much as I like her, cleaning is sooooo much easier now I don't have to live with her. And my suits are now perfectly black as opposed to the black with golden flecks that occur after spending half an hour with her.

Another of the same litter is also in the family, but lives with my grandmother. She was the runt of the litter (far smaller than the rest) though oddly enough she always appears to be the dominant one when they are together.

(apologises about the bad quality pics)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Mahone

i have my little 4 month old miniature dachshund....who, for the first time, was allowed to sleep outside of his kennel 2 nights ago, and not get into mischief or make messes. as well, for the first time was allowed to stay out of his kennel while i was at work, and not get into mischief or make messes. go stretch :)

i also have my picasso dog. he's a bichon shih tzu who's about 11 years old and lives with my mom.

We have a 1 year old long haired mini dachshund named Jazz....great dog. :cool:

My family has a Papillon dog and a tabby cat. My parents aren't big on animals and want to get rid of the dog.

Once I have my own place and can afford it though, I plan on having a lot of pets. I'm a big dog person and would go for something along the lines of an Irish Wolfhound or a Bernese Mountain Dog. Cats galore. And reptiles are awesome. I love snakes and lizards of all sorts. Add to that my love of birds (parrots, macaws, etc for pets and hawks, eagles, etc for falconry) and my place would be a menagerie. If I lived in the country I would also try to have horses and maybe a goat.

My wife has a cousin that used to breed Irish Wolfhound's. She said they don't live very long. It's a shame, they're beautiful dogs. Of course, all dogs are beautiful. Afterall DOG spelled backward GOD. Both offer unconditional love.

My wife has a cousin that used to breed Irish Wolfhound's. She said they don't live very long. It's a shame, they're beautiful dogs. Of course, all dogs are beautiful. Afterall DOG spelled backward GOD. Both offer unconditional love.

My husband and I would love to get Irish Wolfhounds for dogs, but we always balk at the price and the length of their life. If we do end up going in that direction we will probably end up getting a Scottish Deerhound, longer life, same general look, a bit smaller but less genetic problems overall. The problem is of course finding a breeder.

We have 3 ball pythons, 1 western hognose, 1 russian dwarf hamster (the other one died last week - we've been averaging only 2 years lifespan on those guys), several african soft-furred rats, 9 fish, 1 bichon frise, and an african grey parrot.

My profile pic is one of our ball pythons sitting on a log in his vivarium.

My husband and I would love to get Irish Wolfhounds for dogs, but we always balk at the price and the length of their life. If we do end up going in that direction we will probably end up getting a Scottish Deerhound, longer life, same general look, a bit smaller but less genetic problems overall. The problem is of course finding a breeder.

Prettiest Dog i've ever seen was a golden lab husky mix- Shorter fur than husky, straight tail, but had the dark husky markings that faded to a gold color in the lighter areas.

My wife has four. The smartest of the four is her 16 yr old African Grey named Dillon. He has cognative thinking about the age of a 3 yr old human. He communicates but not in complete sentences. He scares me sometimes with the things he says but more so how he says it and the timing. I'm laying on the floor watching tv and I get this feeling someone is watching me. I turn around and Dillon is standing on the bottom of his cage right up next to the side closest to me about 2 feet from my head. He waits till he see's I've turned around and then just like a human says in perfect English.."come here!"... just staring at me, not moving an inch. I reply..."ah, what do you want?"... and then it hits me..WAIT A MINUTE!!!! I'M HAVING A CONVERSATION WITH A BIRD!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!. Crazy bird. Then there is Toby, a Westie who owns the house and who's bark breaks glass. We just pay the bills and make sure he has food and water and are there to take him out no less than 50 times a day (if he had his way). And then there's Gizmo a domestic orange cat who's main purpose in life is to eat and sleep. He wouldn't chase or eat a mouse if you served it on a silver platter. Aaaand that leaves me. Her most aggrevating pet. Doing all I can to get just an itzy bitzy bit of affection and attention in between the full time loving she SHOWERS the other three with but...there's no hope. NONE! I'm there just to fix things and take out the trash BUT to do it quietly and without being asked and to NEVER get anything in return, no dog chew, no kitty treats, no brand new perch bought off the net for big bucks to go in my cage. Nothing. :( Ever!!! Maybe I should move this post to another discussion board, huh Pam? :P