Hey, new and i got questions -.-

TonkRogerio

hello all you nice people :P I'm an ex Mormon, i got baptized a long time ago and I'm thinking about joining again but i have some serious questions that don't help me regain faith. it was much easier when i was younger but now that I'm older I'm thinking more and some thinks don't make sense :S.

Can someone redirect me to a place i can ask these questions please? ta and nice meeting you all ;)

PS: I have some spelling and grammar difficulties so please don't make fun, i don't mind corrections though, and don't judge my intelligence based on my awe full spelling and grammar please :S ta again :D

Hi. Feel free to look around the forums or use the search engine LDS Mormon Forums - Search Forums

Chances are your questions have been asked many times already. If not, you can always start a new thread and ask away. There are many knowledgeable people here who can help with your questions.

And welcome to the site. :)

Hidden

I would recommend talking to some LDS missionaries either in person or on line rather than in a forum or a chat room. If they can't answer you right away they will do their best to find an answer.

There is a direct link to talk to a missionary live on Mormon.org - Home

Chat Live

If you want to talk to someone in person

Have missionaries contact me

But the best way to "get back in the game" rather than to do a bunch of research, is to simply start attending meetings every week and studying / living the gospel the best you can. If your mind and heart are open, it will ring true for you.

Hiya Tonk! Welcome to the site!

If you want, you can send me a private message if you are not comfortable asking in a forum. If I don't have the answers, I might be able to find it.

well its not that easy, you see, i have missionaries see me every week, and the problem is, i hit them with questions they can't answer :S some i expect no one ever will but others i kinda think i deserve an answer before i commit to something that could very well be wrong.

don't get me wrong, i see the fruits of the church, families are close, marriages are long lasting, a divorce rating hardly worth mentioning but doesn't change the fact that God lets me think outside the box, he made me this way in a physical form, so if he wants me to come back to him he has to expect me to want to go back to him through the right church and if i have doubts, I'm sure as a loving perfect father he would want me to have answers, my problems aren't faith based as i know what i need to do to answer those. But there is no way I'm going to go back if i can't get the obvious (possible) flaws made right, I'm hoping there is answers which is why i came here :S.

Missionaries are really cool but they are somewhat close minded when it comes to deep doctrine or even the most problematic flaws (most of them, the ones i have seen anyway will tell me that God exists and that the LDS is the true church with nothing to go by other than feelings, which is fair but i need more :()).

I want to ask real questions to real people who understand and believe in the possibility that there might not even be a God, open minded people, were can i go to talk to people like that? (not saying that any of you aren't any of those things, I'm just asking were to go please)

thanks for your time :)

Welcome Tonk. I too make a lot of spellingmistakes. I got dysgrafi... but no one here is nasty because of it. Someone may decide not to read my writtings.. their problem... Anyway you can ask questions in a part of this forum that suits your question. You go to LDS Mormon Forums on top adn scroll down and read waht kind of forums we have and go there to ask. I hope you find answers. But if you think becoming and LDS means you wont have any more questions... you are wrong. And if you think you need to get answers to all questions before babtizement ... you are wrong again. Ally you need is faith, faith in God and Jesus and what Jesus has done for us.

Hello Guys,

Im new on this forum, I'am Christian Apologist, I stand up and defend Christian theology! Reading&Spreading&Defending Ministries - Home

Mr Tonk I studied Mormonism for quite sometime, and I would love to answer any questions that you have! you can write to my email [email protected] or just reply here!

Thank you,

Have a wonderful Easter!

Jesus is Risen!

Andrey

Have you looked at the FAIR site? LDS FAIR Apologetics Homepage

It has a ton of good articles on pretty much all aspects of the gospel. I also find Kerry Shirts stuff to be interesting, and I think he has a profile in this site. His website is Mormanity - A Mormon Blog (But Not Just for Mormons): Podcasts from the Inimitable Kerry Shirts: The Backyard Professor

I heard an interesting concept once. You will find that you get hung up on a lot of details, but then you find that as you examine each one individually, you understand it fully, and it becomes resolved, and then you move onto the next one, and then then next one, and still come to an understanding and acceptance. But after a while, you realize that you don't need to go through each thing, because you realize you are trying to justify a reason not to believe (to have faith). You are running away from faith, instead of embracing it. Once you realize the pattern, you gain a real understanding of faith. And you realize you can truly know all things, even when you may not understand them yet.

1 Thess. 5:21 says to test all things! The Bible is Inspired Word of God 2 Timothy 3:15–17. Then we have to test everything according to Gods Word. Forr example a preacher in Church says something that you think is not what the Bible says. What you are obligated to do as a Christian is to search and see if what the preacher is preaching biblical. We have to test everything according to the Word of God. Nothing else! So dude if you have questions that need to be answered you can contact mormon apologist then you can contact me and I will try answering every question that you have I promise!

God Bless You!

Reading&Spreading&Defending Ministries - Home

1 Thess. 5:21 says to test all things! The Bible is Inspired Word of God 2 Timothy 3:15–17. Then we have to test everything according to Gods Word. Forr example a preacher in Church says something that you think is not what the Bible says. What you are obligated to do as a Christian is to search and see if what the preacher is preaching biblical. We have to test everything according to the Word of God. Nothing else! So dude if you have questions that need to be answered you can contact mormon apologist then you can contact me and I will try answering every question that you have I promise!

God Bless You!

Reading&Spreading&Defending Ministries - Home

Rsdm, I am just wondering.....Inside of all that reading, spreading and defending, do you ever just listen?