Accidental drunk???

Choseph

OK, so last night I went out to eat and ordered a Sprite. When it came, it tasted a little strange, kind of like the soda water feed wasn't working 100%. I don't like to complain at restaurants (God knows those waiters work hard enough) so I just drank it. About 3/4 of the way thru it, I felt a little light headed and then somewhat numb in the face. I made it home but today I'm thinking about it and the only thing I can come up with to explain it is that it was spiked with alcohol somehow. I had no idea! Is this wrong??? Am I going to be held liable for this sin??? I'm kind of freaking out here and don't know what to do. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about it. My 13 year old sister-in-law ordered an apple juice at a restaurant we took her to- half way through it she was like "this apple juice tastes funny..." yeah, it had fermented. Oops.

I think what's important here is intent- you didn't do anything wrong :)

OK, so last night I went out to eat and ordered a Sprite. When it came, it tasted a little strange, kind of like the soda water feed wasn't working 100%. I don't like to complain at restaurants (God knows those waiters work hard enough) so I just drank it. About 3/4 of the way thru it, I felt a little light headed and then somewhat numb in the face. I made it home but today I'm thinking about it and the only thing I can come up with to explain it is that it was spiked with alcohol somehow. I had no idea! Is this wrong??? Am I going to be held liable for this sin??? I'm kind of freaking out here and don't know what to do. Thanks.

There is a message here for you - don't sweat it about the possibility the drink had alcohol- you did not request it.

But it is high time you rethink your attitude about complaining about "off" tasting food in a restaurant. For crying out loud, as a person who not only waitressed, bar tended, and also owned a tavern - please complain. You don't need to be nasty about it, or throw the food/beverage at the wait person, but tell them if the food is tasting off, bad or horrible. If the drink is NOT what you ordered, or is off- tell them.

Here where I live I love the IHOP restaurant, I like all but one of the wait persons, and I quickly tell them when the food is not good. Their coleslaw is the absolute WORST I have ever tasted and I tell them. I won't have it on my plate. They have the worlds BEST ranch dressing, and I am still trying to get them to tell my what brand it is, or better yet the receipt.

I reward good and excellent service with 15 to 20% tips. I also tip the cook when he cooks me fresh spinach (lightly steamed is all I asked for, he added 1 strip of cooked bacon crumbled on top - I was in heaven) as a substitute for their canned corn.

I go to this IHOP 4 evenings a week - I have exchange books with three of the wait persons, and the evening manager and I sometimes chat after I have finished eating and talk of nearly anything under the sun- he is a remarkable youngish (under 45 and older than 30) who adores his wife and three daughters. He works the late night shift so he can be with his children during the day when they are awake, and his wife is working. (same as my dad!!- except my Mom was a sah mom.)

Rambled on enough - the point is: You don't have to complain to inform your waitperson (who by the way- is the front line person ) when the food is not good, spoiled, over cooked, etc. By being pleasant, you will accomplish way more than by eating it and getting sick.

Food poisoning can and quite often is lethal! I have lost two dear, dear friends to food poisoning, and another spent three weeks in the hospital fighting to live, just because they didn't like to complain.

Most alcohols have a really strong taste and 3/4th of a glass would not make you face numb unless you are super skinny and drank it on an empty stomach.

Vodka has no taste at all, and top shelf gin has nearly no taste- regardless of taste, a person who has NEVER drank alcohol before can and does get tipped on 3/4 of a drink. Soda Pop is served in 20-24 oz glasses- whoever put the booze in it, did it to be cute/funny/as a joke and should get fired! There is a BIG difference between your nose and lips feeling a bit numb(=tipped) and being drunk(=brain being numb).

I drank for nearly 30 years, and when I quit I quit because even one swallow of a highball (1.25 oz of alcohol added to a 10 oz glass filled with ice cubes and topped with any soft drink made every joint in my body burn with pain.

Only had one bartender add booze to my soft drink - Not only did I complain to his boss, but I, my hubby and the 8 people we chummed/ drank/ and ate out with quit going to this particular bar. Our dinner bill alone was at least $350.00 - the drink bill was close to the same $ amount. Plus every one but me dropped large amounts of money into the poker machines. We would get to the establishment at 6 pm and leave at closing time 2:30 am.

Losing our business, plus the business of the hangers-on that seemed to follow us, lost him his job.

Again, the moral to this is: Tell your wait person when your food/beverage is not right. It is YOUR health that is on the fireing line here.

As MOE said, you're going to hell. You will be placed in the hottest place there and made to suffer more than anybody else. Accidental sins are the nastiest, and there will be no forgiveness, either in this world or the next.

And while you're down there, say hi to my old friend Tommy, who once walked around the mall for 2 hours before noticing his fly was open. You will recognize him instantly, he'll be the guy trying to convince you he can get you a good deal on an air conditioner.

As MOE said, you're going to hell. You will be placed in the hottest place there and made to suffer more than anybody else. Accidental sins are the nastiest, and there will be no forgiveness, either in this world or the next.

I think it may be worse than you and MOE let on.

My grandmother was at garden tour in Ogden Utah in about 1975. There was a punch bowl at the estate she was touring. The punch turned out to be spiked and unfortunately she didn't notice until she was about 1/3 the way through the cup.

She repented that night but not before a small cyst appeared on the back of her neck. By morning her entire neck, upper shoulders and face were covered with pustules, crusty with purulent drainage.

She was dead by noon and though I loved her dearly, it serves her right for drinking that demon gin.

Mister Booze,

Mister Booze,

Mister B, double O, Z, E.

If you were raped would consider yourself a fornicator/adulterer?

Let me help translate for you choseph. You see all the lds posters here basically bursting out in raucous laughter at your post? It means don't sweat it.

My buddy went to Germany on a youth ambassador program. He liked the non-alcoholic beer so much, he had like 4 or 5 big steins worth. It turns out that in Germany, the non-alcoholic beer has about the same alcohol content in it as normal beer you can buy in the US. So he had about a six-pack and a half of beer that night.

He somehow still managed to go on a mission and get married in the temple.

God doesn't send people to hell for being ignorant. You have to actually choose to do something.

LM

Hidden

From a customer service stand point, I wouldn't be afraid to tell someone that their drink doesn't taste right. Having worked in the C-store business, it was nice when a customer told us something wasn't quite right with the soda fountain. We would have no other way of knowing. That way we could have Coke or Pepsi personnel come and calibrate it or check it out to make sure everything is good. Plus it is easy to hook up the wrong BIB (bag in box) to the wrong nozzle.

It's about the customers in those businesses. They after all pay the wages of the employees.