Favorite names ?

lizzy12

My husband and I have fought for ten years about baby names, this year we really bore down (yes pam that is an intended pun :) ) and finally decided on some names. We had already decided on boy names as we wanted to go with something family oriented, but the girl names were more difficult, I hated all the names he liked and he hated all the names I liked. So now we have the following lined up for names:

Boys:

David Isaac

Isaac Alonzo

Alonzo David

We wanted the boys to have a connection to each other, as I think a connection between siblings often makes them closer, so we decided to have their middle names be the same as the brother who would be after them (if we end up having more than three boys then we are in trouble but as we only have three IVF attempts I don't think we have to worry). All the names are family names.

Girls:

Evalisa Faye (or Fae)

Aria Juul (or Jewel)

And as we will have already used Fae for Evalisa's middle name we probably would not go with our third pick which would be Faeryn so instead we would go with Sariah.

For our process of deciding my husband had me go to a name website and go through all of the names and choose my favorites then he went through the names I had picked and scored them one to ten, ten being the highest score. Then I went through the names and scored them, the names with the lowest scores were removed from the list until we had about 7 top names, then we discussed those names until we narrowed them down to about 5 then over more discussion we have narrowed them down to our two top favorites with two others remaining.

However if left to myself I would probably use the following names for girls:

Andromeda

Briannon

Eva

Fae or Faeryn

Isolde

Julaire

Lorelei

Rhiannon

Sabriel

Shallesh

Moira

...however if I had not had a husband to deal with they would have been Matilda, Thor and Ptolemy, I still think they would have suited the names.

My male cat is named Ptolemy (we pronounce it Toe-la-may). :)

M.

My FIL/MIL decided for their 3rd son that his first name would be his father's first name and his middle name would be the one everyone called him (ie William Scott). Now Scott did the same for his 3rd son, (ie William Caleb). My nephew was thinking of following this same format and with a little humour decided that he wanted to name his 3rd son Joshua Jonah Jamieson (ie J. Jonah Jamieson). His wife at first did not see the Spiderman connection and went along with it until someone pointed it out. They are expecting son #3 and have decided to keep Jonah but maybe use Isaiah as a middle name instead. :)

M.

My husband and I have settled on Avery Jane for a girl or Aaron Jack for a boy.

Absolutely no coincidence that they both end up being "AJ," as the middle names are family names, and Avery and Aaron were just about the only two names we could agree on for either gender.

I will say though that after this first kiddo is born, we won't recycle the other gender's name for usage later... I'd probably end up getting into the habit of having ALL of our kids initials as "AJ" and I don't really dig that sort of thing; I want them all to be unique, so... when kiddo number 2 comes along we'll have to think of other names. Oh goodness... that will be FUN. ;)