There is no end to human stupidity

beefche

Dona Ana County.. That explains it all. There's nothing there but an enormous Army live-fire range in which millions of rounds of depleted uranium ammunition has been fired contaminating the countryside with enormous amounts of fumic uranium, the leftover contamination from atomic accidents at White Sands, residue from chemical rocket motors that are known mutagens and carcinogens (Hydrazine being proven to be a serious mutagen in all exposed lifeforms, and virtually guaranteed to cause pancreatic cancer from even small exposures), the contaminants from petrolium exploration such as aromatic sulfides and other known mutagens, and hundreds of other toxins, poisons, mutagens, and likely even wild mutated strains of several chemical and biological weapons experiments that were conducted in the area 50 years ago.

With all of that.. stuff in the air and environment, its no wonder a guy not only agreed to this while he was sober, but allowed it to happen after losing a bet on how much he could drink; he was genetically damaged after conception to be without the self-preservation gene, is likely lacking an IQ over 30, is probably most definately mentally retarded, was schooled by others who are little better off than himself, and likely made his prosthetic leg out of a piece of a partially burned but destructed before it left the test range ballistic missile which was still covered by a solid propellant, which is why it combusted causing severe burns through his clothing (cause a modern ENGINEERED prosthetic is typically made out of titanium alloys that are not known for volatility or flamibility - which is why they're used to make aircraft that are capable of traveling so fast that the friction of the air would cause other metals to melt or spontaneously combust).

I personally don't think the alcohol had anything to do with this... accident. It was George Bush's fault.

You're absolutely right. I've been utterly heartless about this tragedy. I'm sure his pants had done nothing to warrant being set ablaze; they are the true victim here.

And for that I also blame George Bush. And to bolster my claim, Jimmy Buffet will be singing in a Gulf Coast benefit concert this week where he too will say that the oil spill tragedy, along with this mans hot pants, were the result of George Bush's legacy of lenient governmental regulation of the petrolium industry.

Viva La Revoluccion, Comrades!

Okay I'll put it this way. Do you think Christ would laugh at your jokes or be angry?

I think Yahweh would probably crack a joke or two himself. Especially when talking about a guy who let his prostetic leg be set afire because he lost a drinking contest. Remember, the big guy loved a party; the whole water into wine story from that wedding he attended.

Religious never meant humorless; even God himself loves a good joke. Just look at the Duckbilled Platipus for a perfect example. And 8-track cassettes,

I'm sorry but my G_d doesn't laugh at other peoples misfortune.

Neither do I. But I do laugh at people who do really stupid things to themselves. Misfortune isn't intentionally brought upon One's self; it is suffered because, well, it just your turn in the cosmic lottery of life.

Do you know why we laugh? Not because its funny, but because it hurts so much that's the only way we can express it. Look at all "humor," what out there is really humorous that doesn't relate in some way to someone doing something dumb or stupid? Nothing. Laughs are our way of dealing with incomprehensible pain or confusion.

Or maybe setting our prosetetic legs on fire are.

Either way, its a completely normal and natural reaction and emotion. Imagine how droll life would be if nothing were so sad that we had to laugh about it or we'd cry all the time.

Neither do I. But I do laugh at people who do really stupid things to themselves. Misfortune isn't intentionally brought upon One's self; it is suffered because, well, it just your turn in the cosmic lottery of life.

Exactly. By definition, you can't predict misfortune. It's unforeseen. I think the point here is that they choose to ignore the most likely consequences in order to have some fun, he volunteered to have it done to himself. My sympathies are better used elsewhere.

Lets look at the bright side though; it's one way of cleansing the gene pool?

Okay I'll put it this way. Do you think Christ would laugh at your jokes or be angry?

I wasn't joking, nor was I laughing. I really do think this case shows why alcohol and stupidity don't mix, and I simply stated so. Sorry, but I have a great deal of trouble having compassion on someone who hurt themselves or someone else through a truly stupid course of action. People know what alcohol does. People know what fire does. These guys weren't misguided or misinformed, they were stupid, pure and simple.

I'm betting Christ is also somewhat angry at the idiots involved in that little escapade as well.

Darwin was very correct in his Origin of Specis; Anyone who doesn't believe that people, plants, and animals evolve is an idiot and probably should bathe their prosthetic limb in flammable liquids before pole vaulting over a bonfire... We can see evolution everyday in organisms as small as prions and virus'; to those as large as apex predators. But even more important than Darwins theory of evolution was his theories of adaptation and specialization; landmark pieces of thought that completely revolutionized the way people perceived their environment.

Whether his theories are completely correct is, well, impossible to prove. But it is an absolute certainty that the Earth is much older than 6,000 years, that entire specis have lived for millions of years before becoming extinct, and that man as he is today is fundamentally different than Adam, or even homosapien of just a few hundred years ago.

Genetic lines that were incapable of adapting to their environment, whether natural or engineered ceased to flourish and were replaced by those who could; Man has adapted himself to living in the most extreme of environments.

And except for the occasional "Forrest Gump" who sets himself on fire as part of a bet, man will continue to evolve as the environment its self evolves.

Just think of this bloke in the same way you would the Dodo bird.. too stupid to survive on its own. Well, that's not true. The Dodo was hunted to extenction by Europeans, but that's because they were too stupid to evolve a defense mechanism in time. Something like, I dunno, a feathered George Washington or Thomas Jefferson.

Wow, way off track now.

So far I've covered Darwin, Bill Grahm, The Founding Fathers, Heavenly Father, Eskimos, Equatorial Aboriginies, and extinct foul.

Tomorrow I will make a trietise on the spermatazoa of fungal colonies and tubeworms. Plus a little note on sea snakes, conch, and urchins.

...even God himself loves a good joke. Just look at the Duckbilled Platipus for a perfect example. And 8-track cassettes,

And giraffes, and the people around you.

You aren't eligible for a Darwin Award until you are completely unable to procreate.

That's too bad. I think the rules should be changed. You cannot be eligible for a Darwin Award unless a panel votes that you should not be allowed to procreate.

Thanks glad to know I'm loved.

:(

Has nothing to do with you being loved, but comments about how people are ducking out of the thread, or they've said their piece and will now go back to lurking only to then jump right back into the fray are legion. The dramatic exit loses it's impact when it isn't an exit.

Has nothing to do with you being loved, but comments about how people are ducking out of the thread, or they've said their piece and will now go back to lurking only to then jump right back into the fray are legion. The dramatic exit loses it's impact when it isn't an exit.

I'm sorry but I was replying to a reply to my statement.