It's Been Good

mliff

Well i've been giving it thought for a while now. I finally came up with what i'm about to do. I'm going to call my Bishop and have my name removed. I'm going to follow my heart and continue searching for my truth. It's been a hard decision for me and I decided if the lds church is true, it'll bring me back to it. It's just latley i've been thinking about everything, 1) I have no true testimony at this point, even though I have tried and wanted one. 2) some doctrinal issues are getting to me. 3) People, not any non-lds people but people I went to church with. So i'm going to take "a break" and If this is true then i'm more then willing to get re-baptized. I'm going to stay a member of this board because I have found this to be a great soource of knowledge and the people here are more understanding then any other site i've visited. So if I find the truth in this church ill be back if not I wish everyone well, and don't get me wrong im not going to turn anyone away from this church, ill be more then happy to tell them of all the good this church does.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i've been giving it thought for a while now. I finally came up with what i'm about to do. I'm going to call my Bishop and have my name removed. I'm going to follow my heart and continue searching for my truth. It's been a hard decision for me and I decided if the lds church is true, it'll bring me back to it. It's just latley i've been thinking about everything, 1) I have no true testimony at this point, even though I have tried and wanted one. 2) some doctrinal issues are getting to me. 3) People, not any non-lds people but people I went to church with. So i'm going to take "a break" and If this is true then i'm more then willing to get re-baptized. I'm going to stay a member of this board because I have found this to be a great soource of knowledge and the people here are more understanding then any other site i've visited. So if I find the truth in this church ill be back if not I wish everyone well, and don't get me wrong im not going to turn anyone away from this church, ill be more then happy to tell them of all the good this church does.

Mliff, there is one thing I don't do and learn from past experience- is never tempt the Lord.

how am i tempting the lord? please explain. at this point in my life im not sure if this is the true religion and im out to find it. if this church is real he'll reveal it to me. so how am I tempting the lord? (im not trying to be rude or anything, i just want to know)

how am i tempting the lord? please explain. at this point in my life im not sure if this is the true religion and im out to find it. if this church is real he'll reveal it to me. so how am I tempting the lord? (im not trying to be rude or anything, i just want to know)

Nor am I. Concerned though. Reading your post, if I am understanding this correctly using assumption here, you did not receive a confirmation if this is the Lord's church, His gospel, and His called prophet? :confused:

I have never recieved a testimony. I wanted one I prayed for one, I just never had one. I dont see how this consists of tempting the lord? is it my fault i havent recieved on (i dont know probably, not to sure) but i dont see it as tempting the lord, i see it as trying to find the lord.

Taking a break and having one's name removed are really not even close to the same thing. Have you considered that you can take a break without doing something so drastic as having your name removed? I mean, unless you are planning on going out and entering into all sorts of serious transgressions....why bother? You can just be inactive until you figure things out.

Consider perhaps asking for a blessing or changing Wards or spending some time fasting and praying. Maybe immersing yourself in the "work" for a while without questioning and see what happens. As for doctrinal questions....ask yourself what you have a testimony of and how you came to the decision to join the church and focus on those things for a while.

I would tread very cautiously and prayerfully. Good luck.

for me, taking my name off would make it easier to check out everything else. I feel if my i stay a member that it will feel weird and not want to truly check out other denominations or whatever to see if they are right or if this church is right. I have been praying everyday but have gotten nothing. this isnt just an at-the-moment decision, i have given this some thought. I know God will lead me in the right direction.

Taking a break and having one's name removed are really not even close to the same thing. Have you considered that you can take a break without doing something so drastic as having your name removed? I mean, unless you are planning on going out and entering into all sorts of serious transgressions....why bother? You can just be inactive until you figure things out.

How is this even fair? Basically you're implying that the only reason why he would have his name removed is if he wanted to "sin".

Let's face it- the LDS church loves organization, records, etc (name another church that hollowed out a mountain for record storage). If mliff had been visiting a Baptist church and decided it wasn't for him, all he would need to do is stop showing up- the LDS church requires something a bit more formal. Besides- he doesn't want to be "inactive" (the definition of course meaning an inactive member), he wants to disassociate himself from the church and carry on with his quest for truth. Having seen threads mliff has posted over the months, I sincerely believe he has given it 110% and is not arriving at his decision to move on lightly, and I doubt anything any of us says will convince him otherwise. mliff, again, I wish you the best in your quest, and hope someday that you will consider us your church again.

mliff, hi I wish that you would stay a member and continue to look for truth,and if u feel like u find it somewhere alse then leave, but we all have to do what we feel is right, so if this is what u desided to do I wish you all the luck in finding truth..its your journey...I pray that you dont stay out too long. And I pray that satan doesnt buff you too much., becareful hes the biggest lyer and deceiver of all....Love a sister.

Good luck in your search. I think I'll just throw my two cents in. I did a bit of searching of other faiths after I had my name removed. In my honest opinion and this is only my opinion, the LDS faith is still one I would agree with more over many Christian faiths. A lot of the beliefs and interpretations of scriptures, I would agree with more so than that of other Christian faiths and that is not because I was brought up in the LDS faith. I wish you the best in what ever you choose whether it be Christianity, another religion or no religion.

Consider perhaps asking for a blessing or changing Wards or spending some time fasting and praying. Maybe immersing yourself in the "work" for a while without questioning and see what happens. As for doctrinal questions....ask yourself what you have a testimony of and how you came to the decision to join the church and focus on those things for a while.

I would tread very cautiously and prayerfully. Good luck.

If you were registered as a republican or democrat but didn't share the views of that particular party, would you view it as a bad idea to change it to independent before you found another party you liked?

Hi Mliff,

Have you thought about putting yourself on the "do not contact" list? Then you wouldn't have anyone assigned to call you, like home teachers, and the elder's quorum and bishop would not be allowed to call you.

Actually, the bishop might be allowed to send a monthly letter (not sure).

Oh well, maybe leaving the church will help you better with your decision. There are a lot of people that are lifelong members that don't have testimonies either. I don't know exactly why, but they don't seem to be bad people or have done anything wrong.

How is this even fair? Basically you're implying that the only reason why he would have his name removed is if he wanted to "sin".

Let's face it- the LDS church loves organization, records, etc (name another church that hollowed out a mountain for record storage). If mliff had been visiting a Baptist church and decided it wasn't for him, all he would need to do is stop showing up- the LDS church requires something a bit more formal. Besides- he doesn't want to be "inactive" (the definition of course meaning an inactive member), he wants to disassociate himself from the church and carry on with his quest for truth. Having seen threads mliff has posted over the months, I sincerely believe he has given it 110% and is not arriving at his decision to move on lightly, and I doubt anything any of us says will convince him otherwise. mliff, again, I wish you the best in your quest, and hope someday that you will consider us your church again.

No...I wasn't implying that at all and frankly perhaps understanding the Gospel a bit better would help. It's a bit more serious that just some record keeping.

If you were registered as a republican or democrat but didn't share the views of that particular party, would you view it as a bad idea to change it to independent before you found another party you liked?

Really poor analogy and yet another person that doesn't really understand the Gospel. Do you really think the Lord takes our Sacred Covenants that we make with HIM so lightly? As I posted to Marshac....it is a lot more than a record keeping issue.

Actually Mliff is doing the right thing. If he kept his name on the roles, the Lord would hold him accountable as a member. Since he has no testimony and plans on looking at other Churches, then he is doing the right thing IMHO.

There are many good people out there and good Churches too. I often think that it would do some people a lot of good to attend other Churches for a bit to learn about them.

Actually Mliff is doing the right thing. If he kept his name on the roles, the Lord would hold him accountable as a member. Since he has no testimony and plans on looking at other Churches, then he is doing the right thing IMHO.

There are many good people out there and good Churches too. I often think that it would do some people a lot of good to attend other Churches for a bit to learn about them.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and there are many good people out there, BUT, there aren't any GOOD churches out there... save one...at least not in the eyes of the Lord.....if you believe and understand the words of Holy Writ.

These "good" churches are what the scriptures describe as false Christ's..... they are the off spring of the Mother of Harlots. They teach some of the greatest heresies that are abomination in the site of the Lord. Two great examples: that God is a spirit, an essence that fills the immensity, an uncreated force or power having neither body, parts or passions. Another is that men are saved by grace alone without works, merely confessing the Lord Jesus with their lips.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Edited by bytor2112