Appropriate TV programs

Tamiele

I am trying to clean up my entire life and live within the boundaries of the gospel more fully and completely than I have done thus far. One of these things I would love to do, is to limit my TV watching - but instead use it for more timely and appropriate programs that will enrich me rather than expose me to nonsense. Some of the ones I was thinking of are Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, America's Funniest Videos, 19 Kids and Counting, and many classic movies on TCM (just saw Guess Who's Coming To Dinner - fabulous!!). Anyways, do any of you have favorites that might fit into that category that you could suggest?? Thanks!!

I spend the majority of my TV time on channels such as HGTV and The Food Network. :) ...The show Color Splash on HGTV is a fun renovation show to watch, and I absolutely love Iron Chef America on The Food Network. Competitive cooking is just something I enjoy. :)

The nice thing I like about both of those channels is that while some might find them boring, I learn more about interior decorating and cooking, which are things I'm interested in. I suppose they're not for everyone though!

The BYU channel is good (and not boring a good portion of the time.)(I can live without women's volleyball.)

I don't watch TV much, but I'm one of those people who buys entire TV series on DVD and watches them ad nauseum on my computer. Without commercials. And with captions on so I can actually understand what people are saying.

Don't forget about football. Preseason starts next week and it's a great way for the family to spend time together. If you aren't comfortable watching on Sunday you can tape them and watch the game as a family later.

um....you might want to skip commercials all the time and the half time show during the Super Bowl.

My daughter and I love shows like Bridezillas and 'I Didn't Know I was Pregnant' (I think that's the name). The ones with the 'world's worst' drivers/criminals etc. is also good :D Iron Chef is amazingly tense and exciting for a cooking show lol.

One of these things I would love to do, is to limit my TV watching...

We use only an antenna to pick up tv. Since we're near a larger city we still get about 34 channels, but we spend a lot less time watching tv than when we had cable or dish.

You can also get a lot of shows on the internet, assuming you have a broadband connection.

We also use those dvd kiosks to rent movies if we want to watch.

Doing these things has helped us to limit the amount of time we spend watching tv out of boredom, and we mostly watch tv when there is something we're really interested in.

I am trying to clean up my entire life and live within the boundaries of the gospel more fully and completely than I have done thus far.

Well, first and foremost, Woo-Hoo! Good choice! I've done similar things over the years, and can speak to the blessings it brings when we struggle to be better today than you were yesterday.

We rarely use the TV too. Yep - AFV is one of our favorites. We also get Netflix movies and enjoy all sorts of kid stuff, educational things, Avatar: The Last Airbender, old Munsters shows, etc.