lds backlash from gay community cnn.com

bcguy

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that the church made the statement. I hope that some of the misunderstanding can stop.

OH I hope not. This is just too entertaining! (Tongue in cheek but not entirely kidding- and I bet some of you feel the same but would never admit it on this forum. ;) Nothing like a good controversy eh?)

Why won't you substantiate your claim? Oh, right, it's because you can't. You still haven't answered my question, and I'd like to see you formulate a reasonable defense regarding it.

You want me to recite you a scripture to start a 'my scripture is bigger than your scripture' moment? and inflate our egos huh?

...Nah, this isnt siminary so just keep it as a casual conversation okay bro?

You want me to recite you a scripture to start a 'my scripture is bigger than your scripture' moment? and inflate our egos huh?

lol, why am I not surprised? But no, I was thinking of using your own scriptures to prove you wrong. Seeing as how you still don't want to cite any, it's becoming more and more obvious that you have nothing to cite.

Are you married? ...coz bro, I'd so love to see you convince your wife of that notion.

I'll ask my beloved girlfriend what she thinks just for you, dorave. ;) (or should I say bro?)

Edited by PrinceofLight2000

Actually, my scriptures are probably smaller than yours, but they can still beat yours up.

Are you married? ...coz bro, I'd so love to see you convince your wife of that notion.

I'm married. I have no problem with what PrinceofLight2000 posted. I agree 100%. My husband is married, not dead, as am I. Perhaps your wife is insecure?

\I'll ask my beloved girlfriend what she thinks just for you, dorave. ;) (or should I say bro?)

Don't bother asking, Prince. I regularly tell my wife who is hot and who is not. We've even had debates about who the hottest woman in our ward is.

lol, why am I not surprised?

Not suprised? ...why, what did you expect? did you think this was Christmas monrning and we were all sitting around the Christmas tree? :lol:

But no, I was thinking of using your own scriptures to prove you wrong.

Aww and here I was thinking we would recite scripture together with a willingness to understand and exercise charity in our hearts.

Seeing as how you still don't want to cite any, it's becoming more and more obvious that you have nothing to cite.

I'm sorry Sir, that's b'cause my "recite scriptures online" day is Monday, so if you are patient enough to wait till next week (Monday)... i'll happily meet your request and satisfy your concern.

I'll ask my beloved girlfriend what she thinks just for you, dorave. ;) (or should I say bro?)

Sweet. Don't forget to ask her if it's okay to think every other cute girl you see walk by, as being a 'cutie' also, coz that is exactly what Dravin is effectively saying is 'ok'.... just as long, as ya'know you dont act on it.

I'm married. I have no problem with what PrinceofLight2000 posted. I agree 100%. My husband is married, not dead, as am I. Perhaps your wife is insecure?

Good for you. So like homeboy above, do you tell your husband who you think all the sexy brethren in the ward are? ....by name???

....Oh, okay if so, and as with MOE's reply... I say creepy.

Not suprised? ...why, what did you expect? did you think this was Christmas monrning and we were all sitting around the Christmas tree? :lol:

Aww and here I was thinking we would recite scripture together with a willingness to understand and exercise charity in our hearts.

I'm sorry Sir, that's b'cause my "recite scriptures online" day is Monday, so if you are patient enough to wait till next week (Monday)... i'll happily meet your request and satisfy your concern.

Sweet. Don't forget to ask her if it's okay to think every other cute girl you see walk by, as being a 'cutie' also, coz that is exactly what Dravin is effectively saying is 'ok'.... just as long, as ya'know you dont act on it.

I expected you to actually explain, lol.

Can't you make an exception? It's only tuesday. :P

She agrees with me 100%. You can see someone as attractive without being unfaithful.

hahahahahaha, did you just call me homeboy? hahahahaha. you get points for that dude.

Also, beefche, don't mind us we're just playing around. :)

Edited by PrinceofLight2000

I expected you to actually explain. Guess I shouldn't expect that from you from now on. ;)

Can't you make an exception? It's only tuesday. :P

She agrees with me 100%. You can see someone as attractive without being unfaithful.

Pics or it didn't happen...

...ok, :lol: back on topic -- I like Gay people, and am quite understanding when it comes to the plight that a gay person has. So I find it sad n' tasteless (as has happened in the last couple threads) that when the majority are lumped in as being a group of haters, mean and hurtful all becoz of the comments n action made by the fringe few.

Pics or it didn't happen...

...ok, :lol: back on topic -- I like Gay people, and am quite understanding when it comes to the plight that a gay person has. So I find it sad n' tasteless (as has happened in the last couple threads) that when the majority are lumped in as being a group of haters, mean and hurtful all becoz of the comments n action made by the fringe few.

hahahaha, I can screencap if you'd like ;)

I'm glad you think that, but it doesn't address what we were taking about earlier. Why do you think that finding someone attractive is a lustful thought that needs to be surpressed?

Perhaps your wife is insecure?

Mate, ...I missed this tidbit. My wifey insecure? I don't believe n do not think so, but who really knows but her.

Why would you need to be eyeing up anyone else but your spouse anyway? Not being satiisfied, enough?

(Sorry beef, perhaps this is a topic for anothher thread, but the comparison still emphasizes the definition of physical attraction in a general fashion)