Gods Creating Planets Teaching

Nathan6329

There is a teaching somewhere about us becoming Gods creating our own planets someday and that isn't in the scriptures so I don't know where whoever said it got it from.

I don't know about you, but if I inherit the Celestial Kingdom and I find out for going there I need to create a planet and become God of it, then I didn't receive glory, I received eternal punishment by having to take on all the frustrations of God.

Guest mormonmusic
Hidden

Interesting thought Nathan. There are ample scriptures to justify the fact that we will have eternal progression, which can lead us to the creative power God himself has. I will let others cite them -- there are many. One thing, there is a Home Depot phrase (you can find truth in the strangest of places) which says "It's easy if you know how". I believe that the frustration you are forecasting may well be a non-issue should you progress to the point where you can create like God. This is because you will have dealt with all the frustrations and enjoy significant peace, notwithstanding the opposition you face in growing your stewardship.

I don't know about you, but if I inherit the Celestial Kingdom and I find out for going there I need to create a planet and become God of it, then I didn't receive glory, I received eternal punishment by having to take on all the frustrations of God.

One can make a similar point about parenthood. I see it as basically the same kinda move as from single to parent, but with a much larger sphere.

There is a teaching somewhere about us becoming Gods creating our own planets someday and that isn't in the scriptures so I don't know where whoever said it got it from.

interesting.

I also find how Jesus says that he gives all glory to the father also interesting.

to me working on a project and not getting anything out of it would be punishment.

interesting.

I also find how Jesus says that he gives all glory to the father also interesting.

to me working on a project and not getting anything out of it would be punishment.

So where is the glory? How can we end up still having the time to make all of our dreams come true if we are tied up with other tasks?

People have a misconception of what it means to be God. He is not 100% blissful. If he were, he would have to ignore the pleas and pains of his children. The scriptures show God shedding tears for his children. The struggle is part of His glory, as is the pain. But just as with parents raising children struggle with them often, so is the glory and joy. God's glory is to bring about the immortality and eternal life of mankind (Moses 1:39). It is a selfless desire he has, and it is this selflessness that brings him glory and the greatest joy.

Not everyone wants to be like God is. Their focus is more upon themselves than on creating and blessing. That is why there is more than one kingdom available. I'm sure there will be a place for those who only want to play video games, but do not desire to make a real and true impact in others' lives. That requires us to care and have compassion, which means being open to disappointment, sadness, and tears. But it also opens us up to the greatest of joys.

God is the universe's greatest risk taker, because he gambles with his infinite love that we will accept him fully. Video games are fun, but they do not truly matter in the long run. They do not change the universe in any special way. Creating beauty, creating life and giving it a chance to grow up to meet it's fullest potential, THAT is what true joy is all about.

If you are not humble and brave enough to accept all it means to be a god under Christ, then I'm sure our Heavenly Father will have available a kingdom and glory more to your liking.

People have a misconception of what it means to be God. He is not 100% blissful. If he were, he would have to ignore the pleas and pains of his children. The scriptures show God shedding tears for his children. The struggle is part of His glory, as is the pain. But just as with parents raising children struggle with them often, so is the glory and joy. God's glory is to bring about the immortality and eternal life of mankind (Moses 1:39). It is a selfless desire he has, and it is this selflessness that brings him glory and the greatest joy.

Not everyone wants to be like God is. Their focus is more upon themselves than on creating and blessing. That is why there is more than one kingdom available. I'm sure there will be a place for those who only want to play video games, but do not desire to make a real and true impact in others' lives. That requires us to care and have compassion, which means being open to disappointment, sadness, and tears. But it also opens us up to the greatest of joys.

God is the universe's greatest risk taker, because he gambles with his infinite love that we will accept him fully. Video games are fun, but they do not truly matter in the long run. They do not change the universe in any special way. Creating beauty, creating life and giving it a chance to grow up to meet it's fullest potential, THAT is what true joy is all about.

If you are not humble and brave enough to accept all it means to be a god under Christ, then I'm sure our Heavenly Father will have available a kingdom and glory more to your liking.

I really enjoyed reading that brother.

This is indeed a very hard to transition to faith - to be a god - but, my master does remind me of the scriptures. The first thing that comes to mind are the words of Yahushua himself when he quoted the Psalms, which clearly say that some "leaders" of His people are "gods". In fact, God Himself calls them gods. I think it is extremely important to realize that we will never be worshipped though and it is only the Big G that will ever be worshipped.

Agree?

Edited by Yahuchannon

I have such a hard time with this doctrine. I try to pretend that it doesn't exist. I've read all of the justifications out there but I still can't wrap my head around it. It seems so wrong to me.

I know I'm not alone in this because weren't there some changes to the gospel doctrine manual that makes this concept more vague...and then President Hinckley denied it....

Maybe if I put my fingers in my ears going "lalalala" long enough it will dissapear.

It's a topic people bug me about constantly, and it doesn't make sense to me, so I don't really know how to defend it.

Easy, pull up the Joseph Smith quote saying that this and more are available to all members, so start getting more obedient and they will find out for themselves, first hand.

I'd dig it up, but I'm working (twin monitors is so nice, so is working from home).