Disrespectful Screen Name

Sugarbay

Guest Monica

Is it GOD or G0D?

I say let the person stay awhile and see the love of God. Who know? They may be seeking something spiritual.

Welcome G0D.

When my son was in Grade 2, there was a girl in his class named Goddess. I thought it was strange at first, but she came to one of my son's birthday parties and it just got normal the more we called her name. She was a lovely little girl.

M.

"God" is not a personal name. "God" is a title. "God" could refer to any one of the thousands of gods existant on the planet. To even assume that the "G0D" our poster is using refers to your god seems a bit presumptuous.

Now, if our poster used the name "Elohim" or "Jehovah" or something similar, I suppose you'd have an argument. Otherwise, I think you're getting a bit too emotional over this.

As members to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we have been taught to show extreme reverence when using that word. This site should be in keeping with that which doesn't offend the majority of the LDS members here.

As members to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we have been taught to show extreme reverence when using that word. This site should be in keeping with that which doesn't offend the majority of the LDS members here.

I agree that this was disrespectful and offensive, and I'm not LDS.

I didn't see the post from this person, but it seems that the intent was to cause trouble by choosing that name.

...my 2 cents.

By the way, anyone using IE7 Beta yet? Im using it, but cannot for the life of me get into the Chat room here. I let the Active x go ahead, but it still errors out.

Any ideas?

I'm using it on my laptop, but have not tried to get into any chat rooms with it. There are probably still some bugs in the browser.

EDIT: Tried it, and it let me use chat with no problem. I'll keep my eyes open for any discussions about this issue.

<div class='quotemain'>

By the way, anyone using IE7 Beta yet? Im using it, but cannot for the life of me get into the Chat room here. I let the Active x go ahead, but it still errors out.

Any ideas?

I'm using it on my laptop, but have not tried to get into any chat rooms with it. There are probably still some bugs in the browser.

EDIT: Tried it, and it let me use chat with no problem. I'll keep my eyes open for any discussions about this issue.

I just tried it here at work with my IE7 and got in. Im now thinking it has something to do with Java, or the lack thereof at my home pc.

Hmm...

"God" is not a personal name. "God" is a title. "God" could refer to any one of the thousands of gods existant on the planet. To even assume that the "G0D" our poster is using refers to your god seems a bit presumptuous.

Now, if our poster used the name "Elohim" or "Jehovah" or something similar, I suppose you'd have an argument. Otherwise, I think you're getting a bit too emotional over this.

Jason, pull your tongue out of your cheek. You know full well that the title of God is reserved for God amongst nearly all Christians, and that whoever the new person is, was likely being smart alec. If s/he's really seeking something, and the name gets nixed, they can always return with a slightly humbler monicer.

<div class='quotemain'>

Jason, pull your tongue out of your cheek. You know full well that the title of God is reserved for God amongst nearly all Christians, and that whoever the new person is, was likely being smart alec. If s/he's really seeking something, and the name gets nixed, they can always return with a slightly humbler monicer.

Tongue is not in cheek. This poster may have experienced theosis, and therefore the title appropriately applies. ;)

whoever the new person is, was likely being smart alec. If s/he's really seeking something, and the name gets nixed, they can always return with a slightly humbler monicer.

WHAT!! A smart alec on THIS board? NO, NO, NOOOOOOO tell me it isn't true! ;)

Benjamin Franklin once said that only a fool would be offended by someone that did not mean to offend. But a bigger fool would be offended by someone that meant to offend.

I am not so concerned what people do but why they do it. However, I am not sure I whould hold to much wisdom from someone that posts on any forum that lacks the wisdom to respect the beliefs of those they expect to read their post.

The Traveler

Is it GOD or G0D?

I say let the person stay awhile and see the love of God. Who know? They may be seeking something spiritual.

Welcome G0D.

Monica,

Dont' be ridiculous. Tell the truth, you posted just to see yourself post. No one is saying he can't stay, this misguided soul needs to change the screen name. They can seek something spiritual using a name like Bella or wolfjingles, or even zionchick, snooperone, or im2spicy4u, names like that instead. This person doesn't need to mock the name of our Father no matter how he spells it.

Istead, why dont you start quoting scripture about taking theLord's name in vain, only THIS time use the Book of Mormon, you know, that book that you believe to be true, as evidenced by the religion you say you are.

I am not so concerned what people do but why they do it. However, I am not sure I whould hold to much wisdom from someone that posts on any forum that lacks the wisdom to respect the beliefs of those they expect to read their post.

The Traveler

Well done. Well done. It is LDS Talk, after all! Not gnosticTalk or Trying-to-Find-a-Reason-to-Say-Stupid- Things Talk. LDS Talk. If you can't handle respecting the beliefs of this site, the core values, perhaps you could find satisfaction on a board where they welcome your beliefs and there you could defend your beliefs until you are blue in the face. But it is highly offensive to me as a member of this Church to have someone do this. I do hope someone has spoken to this person and told them to change the name?

I have no problem with the " not taking the name in vain" ideas. Only reason i wasn't so worried is because i've never really considered the term "God" a name, i see it as a title. Of course i see the term "Christ" in the same way.

Just my honest opinion.

How ya doing Jason? :)

Twin sons, different mothers, right?