Jesus, Married?!

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 2 2004, 06:40 AM

So you are willing to put your faith in something that there is no good reason to believe in? I'll put my faith in something that was actually documented, not something that may have been overlooked by every NT author.

There are 66 books in the bible with over a dozen authors and none of them thought enough of the idea of a heavenly mother, that should give you enough information about how real she is. And nothing even remotely close to that came out of the mouth of Jesus.

My wife jokes about God being a woman, but we use that concept as humor. The idea of a heavenly mother is laughable. Do you have faith in fairies, unicorns and leprechauns too?

You know, there are probably plenty here who believe in a Heavenly Mother. And just because YOU don't believe in one, you don't see others mocking you. Why can't you at least display the same amount of respect that others are giving you?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by AFDaw+Mar 2 2004, 08:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AFDaw @ Mar 2 2004, 08:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@Mar 2 2004, 06:40 AM

So you are willing to put your faith in something that there is no good reason to believe in? I'll put my faith in something that was actually documented, not something that may have been overlooked by every NT author.

There are 66 books in the bible with over a dozen authors and none of them thought enough of the idea of a heavenly mother, that should give you enough information about how real she is. And nothing even remotely close to that came out of the mouth of Jesus.

My wife jokes about God being a woman, but we use that concept as humor. The idea of a heavenly mother is laughable. Do you have faith in fairies, unicorns and leprechauns too?

You know, there are probably plenty here who believe in a Heavenly Mother. And just because YOU don't believe in one, you don't see others mocking you. Why can't you at least display the same amount of respect that others are giving you?

I agree with you AFDaw!!

It is posts like this one from Tr2 that make me question intent. Why does Tr2 and people like him come to a LDS message board? To tell us that the way we believe is laughable? And disparage LDS people just because they want to? If this is the situation, then Tr2 and those like him just want to create contention. And there are anti LDS boards they could go to, post on, and enjoy themselves.

BTW, there is a Heavenly Mother.

"Truth is reason, truth eternal tells me I've a Mother there"

There is two points that were missed when the Church of Rome translated the bible in to what it is to day, Ages back.

One is you cannot be a Rabbi or grow facial hair as orthodox Hebrew if you are not Married.

Yes Christ was married.

There is also a theory that the Mary who he first showed himself to was his wife, and her relationship with him her marriage was kept quite in order to her and her child safe.

The theory that the hold grail was the term used when speaking of her son.

The theorist think she was removed from her home and ended up in lands safe fare away.

This search for this Holy Grail was a bust and no such thing or Cup was ever found, it is only lay people that use the Indiana Jones thought that it was the cup. Cool Movie though.

If you think about it why would a history write about knights who’s whole duty was to keep safe a holy grail. They were knights that traveled every were?

If it just a cup they would have locked it up some were.

Like the Church of Rome has done with many manuscripts we will never see.

But those are all theories. :)

Originally posted by Winnie G@Mar 2 2004, 09:14 AM

There is two points that were missed when the Church of Rome translated the bible in to what it is to day, Ages back.

One is you cannot be a Rabbi or grow facial hair as orthodox Hebrew if you are not Married.

Yes Christ was married.

There is also a theory that the Mary who he first showed himself to was his wife, and her relationship with him her marriage was kept quite in order to her and her child safe.

The theory that the hold grail was the term used when speaking of her son.

The theorist think she was removed from her home and ended up in lands safe fare away.

This search for this Holy Grail was a bust and no such thing or Cup was ever found, it is only lay people that use the Indiana Jones thought that it was the cup. Cool Movie though.

If you think about it why would a history write about knights who’s whole duty was to keep safe a holy grail. They were knights that traveled every were?

If it just a cup they would have locked it up some were.

Like the Church of Rome has done with many manuscripts we will never see.

But those are all theories. :)

Excellent post!!!!!!!

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Kudos+Mar 1 2004, 09:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kudos @ Mar 1 2004, 09:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Franken@Mar 1 2004, 09:50 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@Mar 1 2004, 08:34 PM

There is zero biblical basis for believing in a heavenly mother.

Sure there may be nothing written down to mark it in history but that doesn't mean it's not there. It's all about faith.

:o;):P:rolleyes::blink: :) :unsure::blink: What about the heavenly pet cureloms? There may not be any biblical basis for that either, but it can be true if we have faith. Hooray! Pet cureloms for everybody!

Awesome post, me! Woohoo! Right on! Way to go! :lol::D:rolleyes:<_<:angry:

You can be just plain weird Kudos.

But I am warning you...as a mod...don't get any weirder about what we believe..okay? This is a good example of a post that is starting an abusive trend.

It isn't totally bad....but it is just like the ones that led to an outright abusive and derisive thread that got Cal and Pahoran put on mod-status.

I will PM you your next warning...(only if needs be) I posted this warning so as to give everyone on the board the heads up.

If you add intelligent or even funny discussion points, that is fine....but this post is only down hill....nothing concrete to add to this discussion.

If you want to start a thread about the proofs of cureloms...be my guest...

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Franken+Mar 1 2004, 08:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Franken @ Mar 1 2004, 08:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@Mar 1 2004, 08:34 PM

There is zero biblical basis for believing in a heavenly mother.

Sure there may be nothing written down to mark it in history but that doesn't mean it's not there. It's all about faith.

I agree...besides...the whole thing is given in a mystery to a great extent. Only chosen people were given the whole things...remember Nephi being told many things he wasn't allowed to share?

Consider the fact that you personally do not have the concrete revelation before you as Moses, or Moroni, or others were given...as a humble proof of your need to spiritually walk in faith.

If one day you are given such a revelation...it will be because there is a purpose in you receiving it.

Just the fact that some have...should be enough proof that there is much much more to know than what we can get from the Scriptures.

Personal revelation is the only way anyone is going to get the information about Christ's personal life, Mother God, and other such mysteries...so...go pray, fast, be extremely humble and filled with the pure love of Christ...then do it again and again, better and better....serving, sacrificing, and becoming one with your Savior...then you can know all things...

D&C 93:

28 He that keepeth his commandments receiveth truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Kudos+Mar 1 2004, 09:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kudos @ Mar 1 2004, 09:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Franken@Mar 1 2004, 10:04 PM

I think you know what I mean.  You're twisting my words.

No, I structured words together myself into sentences. If I had twisted your words, they would be difficult to read. They are not difficult to read, just silly when read outloud.

You are becoming abusive...

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 2 2004, 06:40 AM

Sure there may be nothing written down to mark it in history but that doesn't mean it's not there. It's all about faith

There are those who have been given revelation about all things...but because of the wickedness and hardness of the hearts of men...it wasn't to be given in open scripture for just any retrobate to read....and make fun of...

Just look at the way kudo treats the information that is available....just imagine instead of every creep using the Lord's name in derisive ways....using mother God's name in such a way...

God honors women....and Mother God more than all the others.

There are those who have been given revelation about all things...but because of the wickedness and hardness of the hearts of men...it wasn't to be given in open scripture for just any retrobate to read....and make fun of...

I guess a heavenly mother wasn't important enough for Jesus to mention even ONCE! I have come to the conclusion that every wacko who says God has revealed something new to them is just trying to bring their own opinions into play. I have read the bible many times, and even taken numerous seminary level courses in biblical scriptures and history. There is nothing in the bible to give any avalidity whatsoever to a heavenly mother. Every time I see somebody try and claim that God has revealed something new to them, it's almost always an attempt to take away from the bible and impliment something totally new. They are nothing but fiction. Stop calling yourselves Christians if you are going to make up what you are going to believe. Christians are people who base their views based on what the bible says, not what some wacko says.

God honors women....and Mother God more than all the others.

God does honor women, but there is no such thing as a heavenly mother.

Guest Starsky

I do believe you are a little short sighted here...when God created man in his own image....in whom's image did he create women?....LOL Talk about using logic.

Originally posted by Peace@Mar 2 2004, 11:37 AM

I do believe you are a little short sighted here...when God created man in his own image....in whom's image did he create women?....LOL Talk about using logic.

Very good!

Peace you stand up to Tr2 and Kudos abuse very well. A pillar of strength you are!

Have you ever read Genesis properly? God created man in his own image before he made them male and female. To suggest that there must be a woman in heaven for females to be created in God's image is a good indication that you do not understand the bible well.

If there was a heavenly mother, why didn't Jesus mention her?

A pillar of strength you are!

If there was some education behind that strength that would be much more impressive.

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 2 2004, 10:10 AM

I guess a heavenly mother wasn't important enough for Jesus to mention even ONCE!

Or maybe she was so sacred that he did not talk about her so that she could not be subject to the same ridicule and mockery that many subject Christ and Heavenly Father through everyday.

Ok I want to add my 2cents worth in here,

All things in nature have a male female side there for God needs to fallow science since he made it that way.

It is taught that our heavenly mother is not written because of what we as human beings are using Heavenly Fathers name. The GD statement or the ever so popular Oh My G that even little children are heard using. :(

Can you wrap your head around what we would have done to the name of your mother in heaven? :angry:

I thank the teaching of this concept is a step forward in teaching women are kept in high esteem and have a glorious purpose.

If we stayed fallowing the teachings of just the bible then we as women would still be told to stay home, pop out babies and kept quite in church. :ph34r:

I am thankful for our prophet on the earth to guide us. :)

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 2 2004, 11:24 AM

If there was a heavenly mother, why didn't Jesus mention her?

Have you ever read Genesis properly? God created man in his own image before he made them male and female.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

here it says that he created them both in the image of God.

What you're saying is that Man was created in the image of God but Woman wasn't? In whose image was Woman created?

Guest Starsky

Matt 19:

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which amade them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Cool this would be an argument for man/woman marriage and one against gays..

Guest Starsky

It is interesting...when I, as a wife, am doing things for our home, our children, I do it with my husband in mind. When he is doing things for our home and our children, he does it with me in mind. We confer, counsel, help each other, support each other, and so forth...

I cannot even conceive for a moment that God would not work hand in hand with His wife and mother of His children....in much the same way...

The problem for narrow minded people is...if it isn't all spelled out for them...they just can't use their own common sense and get the understanding they need.

Remember

Prov. 4: 7

7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Prov. 3: 5

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own

understanding.

Remember also when Nephi's brothers...who were much the same character as those who fight the truth here....had to tell them they had to ask the Lord for understanding...if they didn't have it already...

2 Nephi 32:

4 Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark.

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Winnie G@Mar 2 2004, 12:28 PM

All things in nature have a male female side there for God needs to fallow science since he made it that way.

It is taught that our heavenly mother is not written because of what we as human beings are using Heavenly Fathers name. The GD statement or the ever so popular Oh My G that even little children are heard using. :(

Can you wrap your head around what we would have done to the name of your mother in heaven? :angry:

I thank the teaching of this concept is a step forward in teaching women are kept in high esteem and have a glorious purpose.

If we stayed fallowing the teachings of just the bible then we as women would still be told to stay home, pop out babies and kept quite in church. :ph34r:

Way cool post Halley.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Behunin+Mar 2 2004, 11:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Behunin @ Mar 2 2004, 11:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Peace@Mar 2 2004, 11:37 AM

Very good!

Peace you stand up to Tr2 and Kudos abuse very well. A pillar of strength you are!

LOL thanks...I have a hard time allowing ignorance to stand unchallenged. :)

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 2 2004, 11:24 AM

Have you ever read Genesis properly? God created man in his own image before he made them male and female. To suggest that there must be a woman in heaven for females to be created in God's image is a good indication that you do not understand the bible well.

This is very interesting Trident. God created man in His own image. Male and female created He them.

Is it your opinion that God has a feminine side to His character or that Male is the true creation and that females are simply a secondary part of the Godlike Male? An afterthought?

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Peace@Mar 2 2004, 01:47 PM

Now we are getting into the mysteries....I could mention that God The Mother was envolved in the creation...it would only make sense...

Well, the Holy Ghost was there. The Holy Ghost is the comforter. Comforters are soft and cuddly. Hmmmm....

Originally posted by Peace+Mar 2 2004, 01:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peace @ Mar 2 2004, 01:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Winnie G@Mar 2 2004, 12:28 PM

Can you wrap your head around what we would have done to the name of your mother in heaven?  :angry:

Way cool post Halley.

Oh no! Halley is impersonating Winnie!! :P

M.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by curvette+Mar 2 2004, 02:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Mar 2 2004, 02:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Peace@Mar 2 2004, 01:47 PM

Now we are getting into the mysteries....I could mention that God The Mother was envolved in the creation...it would only make sense...

Well, the Holy Ghost was there. The Holy Ghost is the comforter. Comforters are soft and cuddly. Hmmmm....

LOL :D

Or maybe she was so sacred that he did not talk about her so that she could not be subject to the same ridicule and mockery that many subject Christ and Heavenly Father through everyday.

Are you joking, or are you being serious? That is so ridiculous I can't tell. She is so important that Jesus never even bothered to mention her. You make me laugh, thanks.

Can you wrap your head around what we would have done to the name of your mother in heaven?

Would it be worse that the names that have been given to God and Jesus? Doubtful.

If we stayed fallowing the teachings of just the bible then we as women would still be told to stay home, pop out babies and kept quite in church

You need to learn to distinguish what was done because of the ways of the cultures of the time.

I am thankful for our prophet on the earth to guide us

I can hear the sound of the whip in the background.

What you're saying is that Man was created in the image of God but Woman wasn't? In whose image was Woman created?

Go back and understand what I wrote before you reply.

The problem for narrow minded people is...if it isn't all spelled out for them...they just can't use their own common sense and get the understanding they need

Your 'common sense' has given you the wrong impression many times. You are trying to fit the same God, who created the universe, into the little box of your own understanding and reasoning. I believe, about God, what was written many years ago and has withstood the test of time.

I have a hard time allowing ignorance to stand unchallenged

This coming from you is funny.

Is it your opinion that God has a feminine side to His character

Yes.