Jesus, Married?!

I can see some have a difficult time understanding the difference between "sacred" and "important". Some things are considered sacred, and are not to be held up to public ridicule. That Christ would not discuss a Mother in Heaven is quite a logical idea; if He holds her in the high regard that one has for one's mother, He would certainly not have put her up for the scorn of men.

Like the idea of His marriage, it would have no bearing on the Gospel message, and would not need be discussed in the scriptures.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see much more education and consideration in Peace's posts than in our critic's

That's because you think alike.

That Christ would not discuss a Mother in Heaven is quite a logical idea; if He holds her in the high regard that one has for one's mother, He would certainly not have put her up for the scorn of men.

So basically you guys are willing to put your faith in something that there is no biblical basis for, just because the possibility might exist?

You guys are doing an excellent job at showing me that you want nothing to do with Christianity. You can keep your mormonism though.

-Thanks, I consider that a compliment. :D

You guys are doing an excellent job at showing me that you want nothing to do with Christianity. You can keep your mormonism though.

Your little opinions mean little to me, as they never did, and it won't keep you from skulking around here, will it? ;)

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 3 2004, 07:15 AM

If you feel this way, why do you keep posting on a LDS message board?

You know what you should do Tr2? You should bannish these "Mormons" from your life. That would teach us!

Your little opinions mean little to me, as they never did, and it won't keep you from skulking around here, will it?

I know my opinions mean little to nothing to you. I have not met many mormons who do care what a non-mormon thinks or says. Your church conditions you to walk around with your nose up in the air like you are better than everybody else, and it shows. Your church is just like all the others who claim to have what nobody else has. The single greatest proof that your church is NOT the way to God is to look at the attitudes of its members. You all are polite and respectful to each other, but it usually ends there. You dismiss those who don't think like you. Some of Jesus' greatest ministry was to those who were skeptical, you just want the skeptical to go away. It just bothers me that you act the way you do and then tell people you are Christian, because they then label me with the same characteristics.

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 3 2004, 07:58 AM

Your little opinions mean little to me, as they never did, and it won't keep you from skulking around here, will it?

I know my opinions mean little to nothing to you. I have not met many mormons who do care what a non-mormon thinks or says. Your church conditions you to walk around with your nose up in the air like you are better than everybody else, and it shows. Your church is just like all the others who claim to have what nobody else has. The single greatest proof that your church is NOT the way to God is to look at the attitudes of its members. You all are polite and respectful to each other, but it usually ends there. You dismiss those who don't think like you. Some of Jesus' greatest ministry was to those who were skeptical, you just want the skeptical to go away. It just bothers me that you act the way you do and then tell people you are Christian, because they then label me with the same characteristics.
You have posted that there is no value in what is said, and you called it idiocy. Since you feel this way, one can only wonder what your intent is in posting on a LDS message board. Also, since you have your "single greatest proof" what is your intent posting here?

When you see absurd statement after absurd statement, I felt that word was appropriate. I get frustrated when I see people basing their lives on what the mormon church says. I'll never understand how so many seemingly smart people can believe such ridiculous things. There aren't many stupid people that come through these board, but some of the smart people have some beliefs that I can only shake my head at.

We all get frustrated from time to time, i appreciate you exaplaining yourself, usually what i try to do when i get frustrated with something, is write it down then try to forget about it. then ill look at it later hopefully with a fresh and calm mind. Sometimes after looking at the situation the second time i am completely blown away by how and why i originally reacted.

And other times... I Blow up! =b ka-pow. Hey work in progress tho right?

Spencer

Tr2 have not met many Mormons who do care what a non-Mormon thinks

I would not go that fare, I am the only living member in my family and I care a lot for my family / co-workers and their thoughts of me, I know they worry about me and the faith I have choosing to walk in.

I don’t think you can say (don’t care), it more we are firm in our faith there for we stand unwavering. They can’t change our minds. I think that bugs them the most and because we are so firm in our beliefs we there for have to be “brain washed”

I think those whose faith point a negative finger at the church and call it a cult or were brain washed or un-Christian are filled with the most un-Christian behavior and go agents the right to worship as they please.

A good example is the street preachers at conference.

It was Winnie not Halley who wrote that post.

Thank you anyways.

Guest bizabra

Originally posted by Outshined@Mar 1 2004, 06:23 PM

Ah, it's alreadt been done. Did you see "Unbreakable"? :lol:

Now, THAT was a cruddy movie! Horrible dreck! <_<

Guest bizabra
Originally posted by curvette+Mar 1 2004, 06:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Mar 1 2004, 06:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--AFDaw@Mar 1 2004, 06:25 PM

On a special I saw one time some scholars who had studied the Bible said that there were certain things that Christ did to Mary or said to her, that ONLY a husband would have said or done.  I don't remember what they were, but it sort of goes along the lines of what Peace said about the wedding and the water into wine.

I truthfully don't think it's ridiculous to think of Christ as being married, or having children.  Afterall...isn't that part of "The Plan"?

Yes, it's part of "The Plan." It makes sense to me that Jesus may have been married. I have a hard time with the children thing though. If we believe that Jesus was literally, physically the son of God, His ONLY begotten, how could He have passed on that divinity to mortal children? That doesn't work in to "The Plan" to live life as mortals in a fallen state because those descendents would be physically part God.

Imagine your geneological chart if you could trace yourself back to Jesus. God would be in there as your great great great great great great great great great grampa! LOL!!!!!! :lol:

Guest bizabra

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 2 2004, 06:40 AM

Sure there may be nothing written down to mark it in history but that doesn't mean it's not there. It's all about faith

So you are willing to put your faith in something that there is no good reason to believe in? I'll put my faith in something that was actually documented, not something that may have been overlooked by every NT author.

There are 66 books in the bible with over a dozen authors and none of them thought enough of the idea of a heavenly mother, that should give you enough information about how real she is. And nothing even remotely close to that came out of the mouth of Jesus.

My wife jokes about God being a woman, but we use that concept as humor. The idea of a heavenly mother is laughable. Do you have faith in fairies, unicorns and leprechauns too?

Actually, belief in a god is as laughable as believing in fairies , leprechauns, and unicorns. In MY opionion, anyway! :P

Guest curvette

Originally posted by bizabra@Mar 3 2004, 09:03 AM

Maybe Jesus was like a "mule", since he was a half-breed he was sterile. :blink:

Really Biz! (A rather crude analogy!)

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 3 2004, 08:25 AM

When you see absurd statement after absurd statement, I felt that word was appropriate. I get frustrated when I see people basing their lives on what the mormon church says. I'll never understand how so many seemingly smart people can believe such ridiculous things. There aren't many stupid people that come through these board, but some of the smart people have some beliefs that I can only shake my head at.

It is only your opinion that what you have read is absurd. The thing about opinions is everyone has one. That is no reason to disparage anyone. You have not answered my question. What is your intent in posting on an LDS message board?

(after you answer I'll tell you mine)

Originally posted by bizabra@Mar 3 2004, 09:01 AM

Imagine your geneological chart if you could trace yourself back to Jesus. God would be in there as your great great great great great great great great great grampa! LOL!!!!!! :lol:

Is it really that funny?

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 3 2004, 06:15 AM

I see much more education and consideration in Peace's posts than in our critic's

That Christ would not discuss a Mother in Heaven is quite a logical idea; if He holds her in the high regard that one has for one's mother, He would certainly not have put her up for the scorn of men.

So basically you guys are willing to put your faith in something that there is no biblical basis for, just because the possibility might exist?

Have you ever heard of God? He is who we base our faith on. The words are only secondary.

Once you have had an open conversation with God, you will know why so many are LDS and very happy to be so.

What is it really...seeing all those people be happy while you are so disgruntled?

Get a life Tr and allow us to enjoy the one we already have! LOL :D:lol::P

The single greatest proof that your church is NOT the way to God is to look at the attitudes of its members. You all are polite and respectful to each other, but it usually ends there.

Your foundation is faulty. You write in gross generalities as the single greatest proof of something. You assume all members of the Church are polite and respectful to each other; this is not true. However, that is not proof of anything. Just because people read a book (any book) and fail to grasp it's teachings/meaning is no proof whatsoever the book is faulty.

I'll use your logic. People can read a book about performing brain surgery, it doesn't mean they will be able to successfully perform brain surgery the next day. That is not proof the teachings of the book are false.

Applying the teachings in the Bible and Book of Mormon are far more difficult to apply and learn in one's life than medical books. This is shown by the millions of doctors and the handful of true Christians in the world, that are at the tree of life or the rest of the Lord.

Once you have had an open conversation with God, you will know why so many are LDS and very happy to be so.

Oh so you've had open conversations with God? What does He sound like? How do you make distinctions between God's voice and your own inner monologue? How do you determine His voice from the voices of darkness?

Applying the teachings in the Bible and Book of Mormon are far more difficult to apply and learn in one's life than medical books

Oh really, so you have experience in the medical field? Please tell me of them.

handful of true Christians in the world

And you said i made gross assumptions?

Guest Starsky

Oh so you've had open conversations with God? What does He sound like? How do you make distinctions between God's voice and your own inner monologue? How do you determine His voice from the voices of darkness?

Well....the voice of darkness instills fear or nothing at all...a hollow feeling...the voice of God instills peace (profound peace) and love and light, ....

My own inner monologue is always a debate...questioning my own decisions and reasoning...because I am very analytical... where as when you hear the voice of God...you have no doubt, debate, or questioning....you are sure of what He says and that it is right.

I know my opinions mean little to nothing to you. I have not met many mormons who do care what a non-mormon thinks or says. Your church conditions you to walk around with your nose up in the air like you are better than everybody else, and it shows. Your church is just like all the others who claim to have what nobody else has. The single greatest proof that your church is NOT the way to God is to look at the attitudes of its members. You all are polite and respectful to each other, but it usually ends there.  You dismiss those who don't think like you.  Some of Jesus' greatest ministry was to those who were skeptical, you just want the skeptical to go away. It just bothers me that you act the way you do and then tell people you are Christian, because they then label me with the same characteristics.

This is a glowing example of the pot and the kettle. My opinion of your views has nothing to do with the fact that you are not LDS. I appreciate the views of many non-LDS, but you are a different story. You really need to buy a mirror, so you can look at yourself when you post this kind of drivel.

The simple fact is, of all the boards I post on, you are one of the most arrogant and obnoxious members I've seen, and you claim to be some sort of Christian. That's the simple truth.

Let's just say that if being a Christian meant being like you, I'd prefer to be a pagan. :D Christianity is not prideful, hateful or condescending, and you've always been plenty of all three. The only time I've seen any sort of imagination or creativity from you is when recalling your military record. :lol: (300-pound rucksacks!)

Your view of how LDS members behave is very selective recollection, as most unpleasant exchanges I've seen involving you normally had you as the aggressor. Mote and beam, pal, mote and beam. You are consistently uninformed about LDS beliefs, and not very well-versed on Evangelical Christian beliefs, but love to tout yourself as some sort of "expert" on both. Sadly, not even close on either count.

You don't impress me, and never have.

And hey, don't worry about being mixed up with us; all you have to do is behave like you do here and no one will confuse you with any sort of Christianity......

Ahhhh. Spleen vented. I'll understand if the moderators choose to delete this one. :D

-Outshined

Originally posted by bizabra+Mar 3 2004, 09:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bizabra @ Mar 3 2004, 09:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Outshined@Mar 1 2004, 06:23 PM

Ah, it's alreadt been done. Did you see "Unbreakable"? :lol:

Now, THAT was a cruddy movie! Horrible dreck! <_<

I was making a joke. The premise was that there is a race of people who are super-strong, and can't be hurt......