Another lds.net get together in Salt Lake City

pam

I realize this will be an extremely busy weekend for many, but anyone up for a lds.net get together in the Salt Lake City area on Friday July 1st?

Our very own estradling75 will be in town with his family. I can't wait to meet him. I have a few things to talk to his wife about. :P

Let me know if you are interested.

I realize this will be an extremely busy weekend for many, but anyone up for a lds.net get together in the Salt Lake City area on Friday July 1st?

Our very own estradling75 will be in town with his family. I can't wait to meet him. I have a few things to talk to his wife about. :P

Oh no... what did I just get myself in to? :eek:

:o I can bring chocolates

What? You are bribing me with chocolate? Okay. :D I'll share the chocolate with your wife as I'm telling her stories. :)

I can tell you exactly how the evening will progress if I turn up:

- People will share forum war stories as well as share a little of themselves.

- I'm going to open my big mouth and everyone is going to try to figure out what in the world am I talking about.

- People will try to talk to me and ask themselves "if he were a female, would he be carrying quads, or octs in that big belly of his?".

- I will open my big mouth again and talk, really, really loud.

- Pam will get ticked and try to shove a bread-roll down my throat because I will have scared off the young, handsome RM of a waiter.

- Beefche will look at me crossyed.

- Dravin will tell me to shut up.

- ClassyLady will throw a fresh, garden grown tomato at me.

- Backroads will try to be the peacemaker and we will all roll our eyes over her syrupy- sweet personality.

- I will then be ignored the rest of the evening and the conversation will take on a more normal level of sanity.

- Then I'll start making a log cabin with the breadsticks.

- All the while, Vort will be out in the parking lot trying to figure out where to park his flying saucer.

- Elphie will be running out of the restaurant to car-jack the flying saucer just to get away from us.

Nope, not a pretty evening.

Edited by slamjet

You can't wait till the first week of August? We are planning to be in SLC during the first week of August - hoping to also do a live endowment session in the SLC temple (if they are still doing those).

That first week of July we will be in Vail with my parents at their condo.

Pam will get ticked and try to shove a bread-roll down my throat because I will have scared off the young, handsome RM of a waiter.

Now this is sooo not true. I don't care if they are a RM or not.

Elphie will be running out of the restaurant to car-jack the flying saucer just to get away from us.

How did you know I can fly a flying saucer?

Until now, I've done a very good job of keeping that a secret, something I felt was important given it was the flying spaghetti monster who taught me. :P

Now everyone knows. Darn you, slam! DARN you!

Elph

- Pam will get ticked and try to shove a bread-roll down my throat because I will have scared off the young, handsome RM of a waiter.

- Then I'll start making a log cabin with the bread sticks.

Nope, not a pretty evening.

Any use of bread sticks would only work in Pam's favor as it would solicit an extra trip to her table by the waiter.

Not pretty, but pretty darn hilarious. You work on making this happen and I'll work on clearing my schedule to be there!

Pam, I'm not sure of my schedule yet, but I'd love to come. So count me as a "maybe". Sorry, I can't give a definite yes or no.

And Slamjet, I would not throw a fresh, garden grown tomato at you. That would be wasting a perfectly good vegetable--or is it a fruit? I'm more the "dumping a glass of ice-water over someone's head" type. Though, it would really take A LOT to get me to that point.

And Slamjet, I would not throw a fresh, garden grown tomato at you. That would be wasting a perfectly good vegetable--or is it a fruit? I'm more the "dumping a glass of ice-water over someone's head" type. Though, it would really take A LOT to get me to that point.

Agree with you regarding the tomato, classylady.

But I aim for the lap when it comes to dumping ice water. Seems to get their attention way faster. :eek:

You are so not nice. :huh:

I once owned a Tavern for 8 years, tended bar until I sold it, and later at the local lounge for another 5 years. Ice Water gets their attention EVERY time. Used it on the female trouble makers too!

When I was out drinking - I always had a glass of ice water along with my drink, sure way to get rid of unwanted admirers.

Note: I was inactive from the Church for nearly 30 years. Came back into full activity in 1999. Same time I divorced Hubby #1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so who is committing to this? I haven't chosen a place because I wanted to see how many people would be coming. Plus I need estrandlings input as to what kind of food he'd be interested in.