Lingerie?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay all you self righteous, holier than thou, bang the drum on the street corner and make sure the world hears me tell someone they are terrible-ers. this was stupid. i did not make you listen to the entire interview. a young woman was a married woman who was younger than i. that is more and more people now days. i was not inappropriate....she asked if my wife and i used them. she asked if it was wrong for her and hubby. i hope you feel better. i am insulted that you all feel i was inappropriate in my use of the temple recommend interview. my point is ignored so you can make a puppy war with words.

RadDad, you need to lighten up.

It's also helpful that if you're going to make a post as you did, that you include more helpful details to paint a better mental picture of what was really going on.

The less details, the more imagination is used.

okay all you self righteous, holier than thou, bang the drum on the street corner and make sure the world hears me tell someone they are terrible-ers. this was stupid. i did not make you listen to the entire interview. a young woman was a married woman who was younger than i. that is more and more people now days. i was not inappropriate....she asked if my wife and i used them. she asked if it was wrong for her and hubby. i hope you feel better. i am insulted that you all feel i was inappropriate in my use of the temple recommend interview. my point is ignored so you can make a puppy war with words.

And thus we have another poster who does not understand how threads morph into discussions with a whole slew of opinions because of the whole slew of different life experiences let alone trying to figure out what the real question was with an OP that contained very little information.

And this post doesn't clear much else up other than an attempt to slap me on the hand for not being clairvoyant enough to know what the OP wanted.

But it is an interesting thread with all these ideas about the meaning of lingerie in a marriage. It may not delve deep into Gospel topics, but it sure delves into marital relationships and the bonding acts of husband and wife that make each one unique and special.

What in the world are you talking about?

Edit:

Okay, found your other post. I still don't know what you are talking about. Every response to your other post was friendly and approving.

Edited by Backroads

Well, yeah! Especially since the flannel pajamas are over my snowsuit, which is over my turtleneck, which is over my long underwear. He loves it.

It's like Christmas every day! Complete with the sotto voce grumbling, "Who wrapped this #&^$@ thing?!"

This is not the first time I've wished for that.

Which one? That I tone it down or defer from commenting? Either one just shows spite and hateful just because I'm much more intelligent than you :D:rolleyes:

And no, I couldn't keep a straight face when I typed that one up.

Wow, talk about passing judgment on someone. I'm glad you didn't post the entire interview, that's a violation of your covenant and stewardship as a bishop. Your point was not ignored. I didn't think anything ill of you, just a cautionary comment made based off what you said.

You said young woman. In our church "young woman" is used to describe girls, unmarried, between the ages of 12 and 18. What you meant was a Young Married Adult (vs YSA) or newly married woman. I think my post made it clear that was different. I specifically mentioned both times in my life for that reason, there are levels of appropriateness at different times in life. I was giving the benefit of the doubt while leaving my opinion out there for any others that may read this thread.

A more appropriate response from you, rather than pass flaming judgment at me, would be to comment that you used the wrong term. As you get older most women are becoming "young women". Would like to reassure that you were not inappropriate in your stewardship and agree with the distinction made. (Assuming you do agree with the difference in such a comment to a 13 yr old girl vs a young married adult.) FYI, using the laugh button inappropriately is also against the rules.

I would rather have a spouse that cared for me than encouraged to want my body (or vice versa- would want to care and love her, and not just her body), and I would want to avoid anything that would take me in another direction than that.

So as a married couple, why can't you have both? Why can't you care for your spouse as well as have a bit of a lustful desire for her/him? If there is to be no physical spark whatsoever between the husband and wife, then I can only see that as the start of a very lonely and dead marriage.

So as a married couple, why can't you have both? Why can't you care for your spouse as well as have a bit of a lustful desire for her/him? If there is to be no physical spark whatsoever between the husband and wife, then I can only see that as the start of a very lonely and dead marriage.

In this situation, it's best to have that pure, unselfish love as a basis for the more romantic and sexy stuff. As long as that base exists, why not have desire?