The King's Torah: a rabbinic text or a call to terror?

arvoreen73

Not having read the text, I can't intelligently comment one way or the other about whether or not it's a book encouraging terrorism. Especially given the number of 'moderates' that this particular article said endorsed the interpretation.

I would also invite people to read the Old Testament for examples of exactly what God's commandments to Israel were regarding the people in immediate vicinity to Israel if they do choose to read this book.

So hang on, I'm confused. You started the thread pointing to an example of dangerous nuttiness coming from some folks in Israel. Now you're moving to calling the Israeli Defense Force 'nationalist and racist'.

It would seem like you're taking issue with Israel in general. (Although if this is true, I fail to see how accusing an army of holding strong loyalty for their own government should be seen as a bad thing.)

Could I ask for some clarification here? Are you trying to claim that the Israeli government is a sponsor of terrorism? If so, I don't see the link. If not, then what exactly are you saying?

It would be so easy to post texts from Palestinian schools, or some of the radical sermons preached in that region, to portray the Palestinians as rabid, spiteful, genocidal, terrorists. That would not add to the discussion. Neither does accusing soldiers, charged with protecting their homeland against very real, very common domestic terrorist acts committed mostly by Palestinians of being...uh...anti-Palestinian? What's the point?

Sigh!!!! Anti semitism is alive and well even on religious internet forums. Nothing surprises me.

Being critical of Israel is not the same as being anti-Semitic. I mostly disagree with the anti-Israel, pro-Palestine rhetoric, but not all those who use it are anti-Semites. I think it's counterproductive to label anyone who disagrees with you an anti-Semite, just as it's counterproductive to label those who disagree with you Nazis or idiots or Communists or Democrats or whatever.

Being critical of Israel is not the same as being anti-Semitic. I mostly disagree with the anti-Israel, pro-Palestine rhetoric, but not all those who use it are anti-Semites. I think it's counterproductive to label anyone who disagrees with you an anti-Semite, just as it's counterproductive to label those who disagree with you Nazis or idiots or Communists or Democrats or whatever.

I agree with you Vort that being critical of Israel is not in and of itself anti-semitic. And perhaps I should have posted the quote/s I was referring to above my comment.

While I do agree it is counter productive to label anyone who disagrees with me; I do feel it appropriate to call someone on what I see as anti-semitic in nature. The comment that interred that the IDF are terrorists because the way they treat the Palestineans reads very anti-semitic to me.

The IDF is a military force for the purpose of DEFENDING Israel. They are not terrorists and to suggest so in my opinion warrants calling it what it is.

they arent as nice and friendly as what the seem.

I see that rather than back up your "Israel supports terrorism" claim, you've decided to just bounce on to another claim. That's fine. Just understand that most people don't find bad punctuation and zero evidence all that persuasive.

As to your specific claim - I'd have to disagree with you. My daughters and I are learning Krav Maga (Israeli martial arts) - and the folks there are very nice and friendly. Capable? Yes. Able to handle violent encounters quickly and effectively? Yes. But you can be nice and friendly and still do all that.

Spoken like a true whatever. I'll ignore you now.