Are we really not supposed to travel?

Hala401

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have an awesome God.

I've never understood why monotheists say things like that. The suggestion seems to be that there are lots of Gods, some of whom are awesome and others not. It reminds me a bit of that scene from Father Ted:

Father Ted: (praying aloud) You, who are the most forgiving of all Gods...

Bishop Brennan: Of all Gods? What other Gods are there?

Father Ted: Er... (momentarily flummoxed, but then suddenly has an inspiration) False Gods!

“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me."

Even when I was yet Muslim, the above was very clear to me. There may be others who say they are God's, but I doubt that they are.

I've never understood why monotheists say things like that. The suggestion seems to be that there are lots of Gods, some of whom are awesome and others not. It reminds me a bit of that scene from Father Ted:

I am a large fan of sci-fi and fantasy... there are many imaginative woulds of what could be whether with Gods or without, yet when all is said and done and you get down to really think things out, I am extremely thankful that our reality is nowhere like the grand majority of worlds portrayed in story and myth and legend, no matter how much i would like to see such a world for just a moment.