What We Do During The Day

CaptainTux

Here is what keeps me busy these days

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/tip...1218378,00.html

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/tip...1222912,00.html

These are my most recent writings.

Mostly I am a self employed tech consultant in Linux land. I write training manuals and that sort of thing. I get to stay home, take of my little girl, and that is pretty much it. You?

Full-time substitute in a special education/needs class at the elementary/Middle School level.

Distance education instructor for a community college. Most of my students are incarcerated.

Single dad I home school my own child - she is smart and self directed so I just do lesson plans, and take care of questions, and concerns, by phone, during my lunch, or after work.

Volunteer wrestling coach mostly year around, ages from 5-35. High School, international styles, and little kids. I also take my kid to wrestling tournaments all over the country. Occasionally I am a volunteer weight trainer, self defense trainer, and softball coach.

My 'for-pay' job is QA manager for an international software company. Some would say it's boring, but it's right up my alley!

My more important job is being mom to a 4 yr old. Fortunately, my company is awesome and I have great hours and am able to work from home sometimes, meaning that I get to spend lots of time with my wonderful husband and son. :D

I am a Service Advisor/Night Shift Manager at the biggest RV Dealership in Missouri....my church calling keeps me very busy ....I enjoy all of it....I have 4 kids.....2 married....a son serving a Mission in Panama and one daughter still at home...she is a senior in high school....17yrs old going on 35.....my wife is a Supervisor of Lab Assistants at the Hospital where she works....we have been married for 25yrs next month.

after 20 yrs of retail management i finally got out!! I now work for the largest company in the world in the credit card dept and only work 40 hrs a week and no weekends instead of 80 a week and every day. nobody ever calls me when i am not at work. i discovered this neat thing called "sick time" where they pay you to stay home if you are sick instead of requiring you to work sick.

my wife works from home as a medical transcriptionist. she also has a new venture called www.effervescentdesigns.com where she makes charts for counted cross stitching.

we share in taking care of out 2 children 3yr and 10 months

I worked on a potato farm for about 12 years, then I became the maintenance manager of our potato warehouse. After that, I started driving an 18 wheeler hauling potatoes from the farm to the warehouse. Eventually we shut the warehouse down and now I just do freelance trucking.

I am also a search and rescue volunteer for Teton County Idaho Search and Rescue. I'm the equipment officer.

L.H.

i play with kids most the day! its lots of fun, and no they are not my kids. then i play on here and do alot of cleaning.

Dancergirl,

Given your description above, if you ever want to come watch my beautiful children and clean up my house, you are more than welcome. :D

Dr. T

<div class='quotemain'>

i play with kids most the day! its lots of fun, and no they are not my kids. then i play on here and do alot of cleaning.

Dancergirl,

Given your description above, if you ever want to come watch my beautiful children and clean up my house, you are more than welcome. :D

Dr. T

lol, any time Dr. T. ;) though they would have to be at seperite times...i can only clean in an empty house :)

I am an Agri-Business CSR for an independant insurance company. I was discussing my job duties with a retired insurance agent the other day and he told me that I was doing the same thing as an agent, except I wasn't "selling" the policies and I wasn't getting the commissions.

I am okay with the not "selling". I HATE doing that. Well, what I hate is that after I take all the time and mental energy to figure out what is the best buy for your needs, I hate that the client chooses something else. :disgust:

I would really like to get a commission on the premiums from the policies that I work. That would be a nice monthly bonus.

Then when I get home from that job, I am chief cook, bottle washer, laundress,skullery wench, & maid. After midnight I become best friend, confidant and :wub: to my Dear Husband.

You'll never guess. :-)

You're serving time in the "Big House?" Is there any chance of early parole? :dontknow:

Just joking PC .....have a Great Day!! :P:D

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Dancergirl,

Dr. T

lol, any time Dr. T. ;) though they would have to be at seperite times...i can only clean in an empty house :)

Dancergirl,

You mean that with the kids helping you ...it might actually take you longer ?? lol :blink::lol:

<div class='quotemain'>

You're serving time in the "Big House?" Is there any chance of early parole? :dontknow:

Ah, it's primarily a jail, not a penitentiary. On the other hand, my expected release date is February 27, 2021--but I can get out in 2018 with "good time." :sparklygrin:

I work on autos during the day, have acheived Master Technician status from ASE and two auto manufacturers. At night and on weekends I sell auto parts to amateurs and try to explain to them how to fix their car right. It's scary what some of these people try to get away with. I'm just doing what little I can to keep the rest of you safe from the shortcuts some of these hacks want to take. What's scarier is that many of those hacks don't want my advice, they just want to do as little as possible to get by.

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Ah, it's primarily a jail, not a penitentiary. On the other hand, my expected release date is February 27, 2021--but I can get out in 2018 with "good time." :sparklygrin:

PC,

Sounds great!! :lol: You be good then...you hear! :blink::lol:

<div class='quotemain'>

Dancergirl,

You mean that with the kids helping you ...it might actually take you longer??

IMO, the main job duty about babysitting is entertaining the children, not making them work.

M.

Ok! You little monsters...you made this mess...now clean it up!!! "NOW"!!

So I take it that message won't work? :dontknow::blink::lol:

*****NOTICE THIS IS ONLY A JOKE****NOTICE THIS IS ONLY A JOKE

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist. :lol::lol: