Simple pleasures

HEthePrimate

I changed the title of this thread. It could have lead the conversation in a direction we would not have wanted it to go.

Dangit, you spoiled it! The joke was in the contrast between the title, and what the post was actually about, something completely innocent. (Unless you're on a diet! ;))

Shooting my bow into some hay bales at sunset. Quiet prayer outside. Anything outside!

You know, that sounds pretty fun! I'll have to see about getting a bow. And arrows.

A question: Are there regulations in most localities about archery in public places, like a city park? My yard isn't large enough to allow me to do it at home.

You know, that sounds pretty fun! I'll have to see about getting a bow. And arrows.

A question: Are there regulations in most localities about archery in public places, like a city park? My yard isn't large enough to allow me to do it at home.

There almost always are. I definitely would not shoot in a public park, even if deserted. Most cities have archery ranges or some vacant lot that might work. I live in a town so small people still leave their doors unlocked, so lots of places to shoot.

p.s., I love your homage to the Little Flower in your statement of faith. She is a favorite of mine. :wub:

Shooting my bow into some hay bales at sunset. Quiet prayer outside. Anything outside!

What kind of bow do you use? I'm not a bow connoisseur, I'm just wondering if I should picture you using a simple bow or compound bow.

I took a marksmanship class at the UofIdaho. It make me feel hmm. Didnt like the rifles. They were very right handed and stiff. I did like the fencing class. It was fun even though I was bad. It was one of the few times in life being lefthanded was a true advantage. Made it pretty funny to me.

Speaking of which, my mom got the funniest thing in the mail today. A NRA pen. lol it cracked me up. I want one. It is a gold bullet with a rifle as the clip part. Only thing the NRA ever did I love!

I took a marksmanship class at the UofIdaho. It make me feel hmm. Didnt like the rifles. They were very right handed and stiff.

Yeah, target rifles can be quite heavy. Usually they're not stiff, at least not in their action, but they do demand more physical strength than many people realize. I was on the high school rifle team, and working on my marksmanship every morning was BLISS. Having something that forces me to be calm and focus is soooo good for me.

These days, I mostly work on my pistol marksmanship. A few hours at the range, a few hundred rounds, and some steel plates to ring completely and I am a changed, rejuvenated man. I come back more calm, peaceful, warm... I've satisfied my need to work with my hands, my need to focus on improving something about myself, I've spent time outdoors, and I've been able to shoot. I always hate taking the hours away from my family, but then I'm always much better for having done it.

And hey, then I get to spend an hour reloading ammo for the next time. It's a win-win! :lol:

Edited by ClickyClack