Nomination for "Mother of the Year?"

pam

I think we shouldn't be judging this womans actions - we don't know the reasons behind them!

I know that some of the people I attended uni with told me, for example, that their parents would buy them alcohol or allow their boyfriends to stay over for one reason - they wanted to know they were "safe" - they didn't want the alcohol being spiked if they got other people to buy it or they figured that if they were going to have that sort of relationship then it was better to have in a safe locations than in some of the locations/ways that would be far less safe! That doesn't mean I agree with this but I can understand why they would think/act in such a manor!

This is the kind of sensationalism that graces Jerry Springer and the Maury Show. I recall one episode that was very similar to this story. The mother allowed and enabled her fourteen-year old daughter to engage in a sexual relationship with her older boyfriend in their home. The mother claimed that by providing a safe and controlled environment, nothing could or would go wrong, such as ensuring they used protection etc.

I don't understand it. Seems like the mother has a screw loose in her head. Perhaps this is something that she, herself, experienced with one of her own parents..

I think we shouldn't be judging this womans actions - we don't know the reasons behind them!

You have got to be kidding.

Don't judge her actions?

When she rapes her child with a broomstick, shall we be sure to avoid judging those actions, too? After all, we don't know the reasons behind her actions. Perhaps the kids were really naughty, or maybe she's just trying to teach them some sexual skills the way she learned them.

Please. A woman who does this has done something evil and wrong. Only the foolish or brain-dead would fail to recognize this obvious fact. You don't even have to be religious to see this. This is EXACTLY the sort of action we are commanded to judge.

Thanks Vort. I wanted to respond to the same comment but couldn't quite find the words. But frankly I was appalled to be told that perhaps we shouldn't judge.

I don't care what the reasons this mother may have had....her daughter was 14 years old. The mother is to protect not condone or facilitate ways that her daughter can have sex.

When she rapes her child with a broomstick, shall we be sure to avoid judging those actions, too? After all, we don't know the reasons behind her actions. Perhaps the kids were really naughty, or maybe she's just trying to teach them some sexual skills the way she learned them.

You won't have to try very hard over here in Cali to get some one nodding with that and not taking it for the sarcasm it is. ^_^

I am sorry if you disagree - but the scriptures say 2judge not lest ye be judged" or words very similar - I we don't know the full story and therefore we have no place to judge this women - that is for Heavenly Father to do.

So... do you know the full story behind everyone's comments here?

I suppose I will just go to hell then for judging.

Reminds me of a story I heard about once. A mother pimped out her 14 year old daughter to pay for the mothers drug habit. I suppose I shouldn't judge as I don't know what drove the woman into that habit to begin with.

Sorry. As the mother of a daughter I don't care what reason she may have had.

Edited by pam

I am sorry if you disagree - but the scriptures say 2judge not lest ye be judged" or words very similar - I we don't know the full story and therefore we have no place to judge this women - that is for Heavenly Father to do.

Smudge, the scriptures teach to "judge righteous judgment". Only a shallow and naive reading of the scriptures can suggest that judgment itself should be avoided. Indeed, a moment's reflection should be enough to show that avoiding all judgment is neither desirable nor even possible.

Yet we are often told to judge--just righteously. Of course Heavenly Father will be the ultimate judge of her, but we on earth are in fact allowed to say what is and is not acceptable according to our cultures and morals. If we refrained from judging, we would have all sorts of murderers, rapists, and perverts allowed to do whatever they wanted.

Where's Loudmouth and that article?

Further:

No, we don't know what she was thinking, feeling, her motivation, etc. But we do know that the ACTIONS were wrong.

Edited by Backroads