Unbelievable Quote

mirkwood

My opinion still stands - The Adventures of Baron Munchausen stands as one of the great underappreciated works of cinematic excellence.

Certainly by myself and my newlywed wife. Worst movie we ever saw, bar none. Didn't make it past the 30-minute mark.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aha!!! I knew I'd find this thread sooner or later.

We've all expressed our opinions on this, so I wanted to throw this recent article in the mix and see if your opinions still hold. Mormon Parenting: It takes a whole ward to raise a child | Deseret News

I don't know if it normally takes a ward to raise a child. If my husband had lived until our son was 21 or so, I think we would have done OK.

On the other hand, since that's not what happened, and as we lived in another state from the grandparents, have a ward around would have been a good thing. I know a single mother in my ward with a son who has just gone into the military. She depended on the ward and her HT for help raising him. My own son is much older, and not a member, but has availed himself of priesthood blessings and being able to call on my HTs.

I hate the idea that parents are to give over their parenting to the state, the ward, or anyone else, however, having a ward of people who are looking out for you is a good thing. I'm not gonna knock it.