Life's tough questions. . .

Why is it that when you finally buy an item you have wanted for a long time, thinking you are getting a good deal on it- it goes on sale 4 days later for half the price you just paid?

Most stores have a 3 day rule. If an item sells for less in their store within 3 days of you purchasing it at the higher price, they will refund you the difference.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do husbands leave the empty box of crackers, cereal, etc. in the cupboard? Are they all allergic to the garbage/trash/recycling bins?

Milk, juice in the fridge?

Empty TP roll in bathroom? Tiny sliver of soap, bottle of shampoo, mouthwash, totally exhausted tube of toothpaste in the bathroom?

Why do kids wait until 11:30 at night to tell you that they need something for a class at school first thing the next morning or they get a failing grade?

True story. A son did that to me. Needed fabric for a class he was taking in middle school. So here I was at Walmart at midnight hoping someone would be there that knew or could cut fabric.

By delaying the announcement they get to:

1) Put off doing the work.

2) Possibly stay up late.

Why do husbands leave the empty box of crackers, cereal, etc. in the cupboard? Are they all allergic to the garbage/trash/recycling bins?

Milk, juice in the fridge?

Empty TP roll in bathroom? Tiny sliver of soap, bottle of shampoo, mouthwash, totally exhausted tube of toothpaste in the bathroom?

My son must be practicing to be a husband. I can.not stand have one sip of something left in the fridge - even if it's something that I don't drink, like milk. Finish it off so I can get some more and not crowd the fridge with mostly empty bottles.

You should see his bathroom - tons of beauty aids, all used up except for one drop, yet woe betide me if I go in and toss them all.

Why do broke people always ask you for money after 12 noon on Saturday (or after 6 on Friday, take your pick) when it's hard to find a money order place (and because they can't keep a bank account, you can't just send them a check).

By delaying the announcement they get to:

1) Put off doing the work.

2) Possibly stay up late.

Well it didn't work. I sent him to bed while I went to Walmart and he went to school the next morning with fabric in his backpack. Me? I was dead tired all day. The things we do for our kids.

Why does the radio that you just got done adjusting the antenna for super clear reception go staticky right when you walk away? (yes, there's a scientific explanation for this)

Why does the radio that you just got done adjusting the antenna for super clear reception go staticky right when you walk away? (yes, there's a scientific explanation for this)

Because when you stop touching the antenna and leave the area, you change the capacitance and thus the "tuning" of the antenna.

It's comforting that at least some of life's tough questions have actual answers.

Why can't men put the toilet seat and lid down since that is proper to begin with. :D

Almost all women's apartments I visited in college had toilet seats with the lid left up. Seems to me if women were really concerned about what is "proper to begin with", they would put down the lid as well as the seat. I suspect most women who don't live in a household with men simply are not in the habit of looking for the current toilet seat position, and so plot themselves merrily down onto an open bowl.

That's my current theory on why women hate men leaving the toilet seat up, not because of any lack of propriety.

Almost all women's apartments I visited in college had toilet seats with the lid left up. Seems to me if women were really concerned about what is "proper to begin with", they would put down the lid as well as the seat. I suspect most women who don't live in a household with men simply are not in the habit of looking for the current toilet seat position, and so plot themselves merrily down onto an open bowl.

That's my current theory on why women hate men leaving the toilet seat up, not because of any lack of propriety.

I suspect you are correct in most cases. :D

Why is there braile on drive-up ATM's? Why do books have two title pages? Why can't magazines correctly number their pages? (Reader's Digest was really bad about this years ago) Why do you have to use a mildew remover in a 'well ventilated area'? If it were well ventilated there wouldn't be any mildew.

O Pam, you're criticizing my question because you're upset about my IRS post, but I can't help it, if we want to talk about life's tough questions, there's sure a few tough questions floating around Washington right now, - justice department illegally tapping journalist phone lines, the mess in Benghazi... at some point, (it doesn't matter what party you affiliate with), everyone has to start asking how many gadianton robbers are in our gov now?

ok, here's one:

Why is it always partly cloudy instead of mostly sunny? are all weathermen pessimists? Is it bad to be a pessimist? or should we all smile and proclaim all is well in Zion? I know, this is all what's supposed to be happening, it's just painful to watch.

Well to be honest, I don't even remember your IRS post. So it has nothing to do with it. I just wonder why people ask why there would be locks on a store.

Edited by pam