4th of July Google (US) Does it bother anyone else?

Gretchen

I'm not offended by their use of cute canines. I'm more offended that it is a true representation of America today. Americans should be following the Egyptians' example right now.

I agree, if it where a dog family watching fireworks shaped in something like the Liberty Bell or a Bald Eagle, I would just be like "okay, that's cute", but I felt like they where saying "hey, you have a holiday, go and forget the meaning behind it", which is why (I admit it) I am not a fan of Christian holidays, I seriously doubt Santa Claus/Father Christmas or the Easter Bunny ever met Jesus (rambles a while longer...)

I agree, if it where a dog family watching fireworks shaped in something like the Liberty Bell or a Bald Eagle, I would just be like "okay, that's cute", but I felt like they where saying "hey, you have a holiday, go and forget the meaning behind it", which is why (I admit it) I am not a fan of Christian holidays, I seriously doubt Santa Claus/Father Christmas or the Easter Bunny ever met Jesus (rambles a while longer...)

well maybe the easer bunny... I mean he could have read the bible

Santa? I donno bout him...he's probably an athiest

I'm not offended by their use of cute canines. I'm more offended that it is a true representation of America today. Americans should be following the Egyptians' example right now.

As much as I may agree with your wish that Americans would do it at the ballot box, I think a military coup is a step in the wrong direction--at least for us. Jury's still out on what will happen in Egypt, of course.

It doesn't bother me. I see some cute clips using animals seeing some of the great sites that this country has to offer. Being together as a family and enjoying them. That's what I got out of it.

It doesn't bother me. I see some cute clips using animals seeing some of the great sites that this country has to offer. Being together as a family and enjoying them. That's what I got out of it.

+1

That's what I got as well.

As much as I may agree with your wish that Americans would do it at the ballot box, I think a military coup is a step in the wrong direction--at least for us.

I'm not so sure. The election was a sham. Congress is a sham. Obama is a sham. The NDAA is a sham, the Patriot Act, etc, etc. etc. Our founding fathers are turning over and over in their graves, I'm sure. But it it is as was prophecied. The fullness of the Gentiles is coming to an end. All I can think about is Captain Moroni, Helaman, Lehi, Teancum, the 200+ stripling warriors...today we're a lazy, idle and indifferent country. Half of Americans are deceived and most of the the other half are asleep. But what do I know.

Jury's still out on what will happen in Egypt, of course.

I pray for Egypt. Who can say that someone worse than Morsi doesn't take over?