Something that sucks

Backroads

I have a 13 year old Kirby. My sister has a 30 year old Kirby. They last forever. No plastic parts. I work next to a vacuum store and the guys there say Dysons are the most overrated. They are made from cheap plastic and rarely last more than 4-5 years. You can find used Kirbys too. I paid $100 for mine. Best part is that you don't need to deal with their sales pitch when you buy used. haha

I also have a Dyson and really like it. I've had it a few years, so it's an older model, but it works. I find it a bit loud, which I guess, being a vacuum isn't abnormal lol. I have a long hair cat and the model I have tends to pick up the cat hair, the only problem I've been having with it, is it's tough to get the corners (using the wand and attachments).. other than that I've enjoyed it.

People like Dysons (and Oreks) for the one feature they have that Kirbys don't. Plastic parts!

Huh? Well, it's simple really--plastic is lighter than metal. When we decided to splurge on a more expensive model we chose a Dyson because of its light weight. Again, I'm not sure it's any more powerful than a $150 model, and the attachments were clumsy to use. But, it is light weight.

That Kirbys are now power-driven is cool, but doesn't help when lugging it up to the second floor.

Edited by prisonchaplain

I sold Ford trucks for about a year. I was amazed at what I found out about Chevys. Don't get me started on Toyota......

Fair enough. But did you call Chevy to see if it was true?

I wouldn't buy anything but a Kirby! I have had mine for 4 years now and I want another one. The warranty is worth the price alone.

I used to have a Rainbow system, but I didn't like it because you had to empty it out, outside or find somewhere else (I don't know if they still make them actually). Other than that, I liked it, I think it worked better than the Dyson as far as how much it picked up... it was just the emptying it part that got too me as it made me a bit sick every single time bc of the animals.