My Fiancé is pregnant....

abeChristianson

My Fiancée is pregnant.... She belongs to a different church (Pentecostal) and isn't interested in joining our church. She thinks we are too prideful and that makes it so she feels as though we are not Christ like.

I have been praying for guidance but I have no answer. I do not like asking for anything for myself, but I need to know what to do. I am afraid I am going to screw up the relationship somehow. I love her very much and do not want to upset her. I just want her to be happy and healthy spiritually. I have not been a good example to anyone and have not gone to church in a long time. I have not been paying my tithing either due to my poor finances. I am starting to doubt that Heavenly father will answer my prayers any more. I have disappointed my bishop and feel ashamed too. I just need to know how to raise a child in a two different religion home.

I am happy that we are having a baby just scared......

Edited by abeChristianson

Fiancée is the female form and should be used when referencing an engaged woman.

Fiancé is the male form and should be used when referencing an engaged man.

It really irks me when I see this everywhere.

Best wishes to you and your girlfriend. I am sure it will work out between the two of you if you both embrace a bit of flexibility.

Edited by Praetorian_Brow

Fiancée is the female form and should be used when referencing an engaged woman.

It really irks me when I see this everywhere.

Best wishes to you and your girlfriend. I am sure it will work out between the two of you if you both embrace a bit of flexibility.

Sorry I didn't know....

I think apostrophe placement is the least of his concerns.

Just take responsibility for making sure your child's needs are met. That's the most important thing. You can figure everything else out as you go.

He could be right; we do get all kinds in here. ;)

OP: Keep praying, and make sure you're paying attention while waiting for an answer.

Edited by NightSG

Abe, the great thing about Church is it comes with a whole slew of instructions on how to raise children. Even Pentecostal have instructions. And there are a lot of common instructions between Pentecostal and LDS. And there are a lot of common beliefs between Pentecostal and LDS.

The first thing to do is set your life back on the path to the fullness of joy. One step at a time. Baby steps okay. You will find that a little bit of this and a little bit of that may sound inconsequential at the moment but pretty soon, you look back and realize how far you have gone on the strait and narrow path. The child will see an example from his mom and dad and he can grow in an environment of respect and love. The first ingredients to a religious life.

If your fiancee isn't interested in joining the LDS Church, don't put any pressure on her. Mixed religions homes can be tough, but there are many successful examples. There is nothing wrong with her having her beliefs, you having yours, and reaching some agreement on how to raise your child. I wouldn't be surprised if there are support groups out there with advice.

As for you, work on your own spirituality, keep praying for guidance, and just roll with it all. Work on a happy and healthy home for the baby, don't worry about everyone being the same religion, and best of luck to you.

I'm assuming you are the father. Marry her and make a happy home for the three of you. I come from a part member family and I can not complain about my childhood. Sure I missed out on some things full member families experience, but that does not mean I was raised unhappy.

I'm assuming you are the father. Marry her and make a happy home for the three of you. I come from a part member family and I can not complain about my childhood. Sure I missed out on some things full member families experience, but that does not mean I was raised unhappy.

Yes I am the father.

First, congrats! No, the circumstances are not ideal....but, a baby is still a blessing. I am so glad to hear you are excited for this baby. Being concerned for how he will be raised shows that you will be a good father. :)

Do not worry about letting the bishop down. He is there to help you. My niece recently had a baby out of wedlock. I was there for the blessing. Her old ward welcomed her with open arms and was extremely excited to see her. I did not hear a single judgmental word. I think most people understand that is between you and The Lord. Please do not be afraid to go back to church and talk to the bishop. That will be the most important thing you can do for the baby and for yourself....besides getting married soon. :)

Keep praying and asking for answers. Do some research. You will find and receive answers. I wish you the best!