Incandescent Light bulbs being reformed in America

Still_Small_Voice

With the next phase of the government-mandated phase out of incandescent light bulbs just days away, die hard fans of the traditional yellow glow might not have to flock to their local store and purchase them by basket-full after all.

The Newcandescent still fits within the federal phase out of traditional, incandescent light bulbs because it is considered “rough service.”

When the federal ban on producing or importing incandescents of varying watts was passed under the Bush administration, Larry Birnbaum, carrying on the three-generation legacy of his family’s New Jersey-based Light Bulb Store, saw an opportunity.

“100 [watts] are as rare as hens teeth, 75s are in the same direction and 60s, this time next year, most will be almost gone,” said Birnbaum, who added his great-grandfather was friends with the incandescent light bulb inventor Thomas Edison.

“We’re addicted to color of incandescents, unless you were born yesterday,” Birnbaum continued. “Your body is used to it. When you put on something different, the body reacts to it, and you get irritated.”

With millions of people still supporting the use of incandescent bulbs, Birnbaum found a loophole in the Energy Independence and Security Act. The ban applies to general service incandescent light bulbs but not rough service incandescents.

While frequently used in automobiles, subway systems and other applications that require a heavy-duty, vibration-resistant bulb, rough service bulbs can still be used in a general application, according to Birnbaum.

Read more at: A Manufacturer Found a Loophole Around That Incandescent Light Bulb Ban | Video | TheBlaze.com

Picture of a newcandescent light bulb:

newcandescent light bulbs 100 watt $ 2 88 newcandescent light

From what I also read the newcandescent light bulbs create the same amount of light as incandescent bulbs using less energy.

I really like incandescent lights compared to fluorescent lights. The fluorescent lights at my work hurt my eyes. Many of my co-workers feel the same way about the fluorescent lights at work.

Light emitting diode bulbs are great, but they are just too expensive right now. I have a wind up powered flashlight that has light emitting diodes in it. I like the light it emits.

I agree and as I said above fluorescent light is inferior quality and bothers my eyes. Sadly the house I bought has some tube fluorescent lights in it. When I have more money I want to put in some incandescent lights into my kitchen and throw out the fluorescent tube lights.

LEDs are more expensive, but they will last longer and save on energy cost enough to be totally worth the extra up front costs. And they look better, and give off much better light than either incandescent or fluorescent. And you can do funky stuff with colors if you really want to get crazy.

Edited by bytebear

Skip the "cool white" or "warm white" fluorescents, and get some "daylight" ones. Daylight balanced lighting looks crisper and more natural than the others.

I've tried the fluorescent in daylight. I can feel the difference and the vibration. My husband can't feel it, bu I can. Being in a room with fluorescent lights makes my body hurt.

I've tried the fluorescent in daylight. I can feel the difference and the vibration. My husband can't feel it, bu I can. Being in a room with fluorescent lights makes my body hurt.

Mine too! Having just moved to the UK I have found that a lot of people here use LEDs and they actually look really funky. I like them and they don't play havoc with my migraines. I like the look of the newcandescents. Anything that will take the place of fluorescent is good stuff in my book. :)

LED is so expensive. I'm looking at the LED under-cupboard lights for my kitchen. The price makes me cringe.

My husband put a fluorescent with two tubes in our kitchen when we built the house. When the fixture broke I was so happy. I need more light in the kitchen but at least the incandescents don't make me hurt.

I'll be looking into the newcandescents.

As long as I can get a 25 watt bulb that produces dimmer, yellow light, then I couldn't care less.

I can. I had to replace one and will replace another sometime next year. They are disgusting. For propriety's sake, I won't go any further, I'll just repeat they are disgusting.

Perhaps you should get one of the ones that only use half a flush if you press that side of the button, and the other side is a full flush.